January: Perfect Match - 2018 Monthly Ink Combo Project

lgsoltek

Happy new year to all! Thank you for joining us in the first 2018 monthly ink combo project. The theme of the month is Perfect Match. During this month, use two or more inks that you think look great together. Thanks to LizEF for the idea!

Have fun!

Click here to read more about the 2018 project.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• HalloweenHJB

• LizEF

• FPRebel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy New Year to all the FPNers out there!

fpn_1514818412__new_year-horseshoe.jpg

Now, to discover the perfect match of inks for January...

My contribution is ready (and possibly subconsciously influenced by HJB's New Year wishes, as the colours are certainly similar. I have gone with two inks by the same manufacturer that I find work well together.

I'm very impressed with the inks from L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio range. They are very well-behaved, and have great tones. These two I really like, and I think they look excellent alongside each other.

39426105312_d7a7d8fc97.jpg

39426102972_81900b4f31.jpg

39456892811_9f1bfa7b3b.jpg

38748238664_178d1c25ca.jpg

Hope this isn't too picture heavy.

L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio Equinoxe 6 and Gris de Payne

Faber-Castell Ambition and Loom, both B nibs.

Very nice, LizB! Love that pair. I was pondering blue and grey, blue and pink / magenta, or green and brown. Sigh. Knowing the theme was supposed to make this easier! :rolleyes:

My contribution is ready (and possibly subconsciously influenced by HJB's New Year wishes, as the colours are certainly similar. I have gone with two inks by the same manufacturer that I find work well together.

I'm very impressed with the inks from L'Artisan Pastellier Callifolio range. They are very well-behaved, and have great tones. These two I really like, and I think they look excellent alongside each other.

39426105312_d7a7d8fc97.jpg

39426102972_81900b4f31.jpg

Lovely combination! I'm generally not a fan of gray inks, but these two together are really gentle and subdued. Great choice!

My options for Perfect partners were very limited (don't worry more ink is on the way), so this was the best that I could come up with. After I found a small pink sample- but discovered I far prefered the subtle colouring to outragious pink and green, purple or shades of grey.

fpn_1514930368__perfect_partners.jpg

Hopefully before next weeks challange my ink supply will have doubled :)

Writing and typing with the help of cats

Nice. Blue + Grey, Purple + Grey. Clearly I'll have to choose something other than grey! :)

@fionafish - you've actually got a month before our next combo. :) Time to breathe, or hem and haw - whichever is needed. :lol:

Hope this isn't too picture heavy.

I love this match! Subdued yet harmonious, and theres a calming effect to it.

(I wish my Équinoxe 6 looked like that. Mine has non of the grey teal tone and looks very bright blue. I think LAP is notorious for their inconsistency between batches and bottles.)

Edited by Lgsoltek

My options for Perfect partners were very limited (don't worry more ink is on the way), so this was the best that I could come up with. After I found a small pink sample- but discovered I far prefered the subtle colouring to outragious pink and green, purple or shades of grey.

Hopefully before next weeks challange my ink supply will have doubled :)

I wouldn’t have thought of this combo myself, and it looks very nice!

You know you can have more than one combo!

I was thinking that just last night as I was sampling various inks side-by-side. I'm trying to keep the ink count down, though, because I don't use them quickly enough. But don't worry - I decided what to use last night. Now I just need to ink a couple of pens. :D

I was thinking that just last night as I was sampling various inks side-by-side. I'm trying to keep the ink count down, though, because I don't use them quickly enough. But don't worry - I decided what to use last night. Now I just need to ink a couple of pens. :D

Looking forward to yours! My entry is ready and I just need some daylight to take photos!

Well, the green is much brighter in person (a lot like Caran d'Ache Delicate Green), but the blue in the photo is pretty accurate... I wanted to use new inks, so I gave up on the pink & blue idea and went this way instead...

http://www.paradoxcommunity.com/vps/01PerfectMatch.jpg

Happy New Year to all the FPNers out there!

What a LOVELY card, and thank you, HJB!!!

Ahhhh, if wishing could give me artistic talent, I'd join you and Tas and many other artist here on FPN :-)

I have gone with two inks by the same manufacturer that I find work well together....

Ooooh, LizB!!! I must chime in to echo the sentiments others have already shared for your pairing. :wub:

I know the first two LAPC inks that I must buy. Very. Soon.

Some warm colors on a cold winter's day. [Apologies if the photos look a bit washed out —I took them in direct sunlight]

CLAY and EARTH:

fpn_1515083028__2018-01-04_110931.jpg

fpn_1515083051__2018-01-04_110943.jpg

fpn_1515083093__2018-01-04_110949.jpg

fpn_1515083196__2018-01-04_111015.jpg

After spending the last ~20 weeks of 2017 telling myself I’d participate in the Weekly Ink Project (and never quite getting around to it), I’m determined to stay on top of the more manageable 2018 incarnation from the start :P

For those who can't read my handwriting, this is Kyo no Oto #07 Hisoku and (Sailor) Kobe Nagasawa #64 Sumiyoshi Yamate Jade Green.

fpn_1515121435__january1.jpg

fpn_1515121450__january2.jpg

After spending the last ~20 weeks of 2017 telling myself I’d participate in the Weekly Ink Project (and never quite getting around to it), I’m determined to stay on top of the more manageable 2018 incarnation from the start :P

For those who can't read my handwriting, this is Kyo no Oto #07 Hisoku and (Sailor) Kobe Nagasawa #64 Sumiyoshi Yamate Jade Green.

fpn_1515121435__january1.jpg

fpn_1515121450__january2.jpg

Beautiful.