• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• zaddick

• thygreyt

• NeverTapOut

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yubi is such a cutie! It's hard to believe he is already two.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

That is a most adorable capture of Yubi. He looks puzzled by the shiny plastic stick and maybe wondering why it doesn't smell edible.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I have just read through this entire thread and am awed and amazed at the kindness and camaraderie here. I love the photos and the writing samples. You are all a group of very talented people with great taste!

So, I might just have to buy another Montblanc.

Now the question is, a BB or OBB?

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I would test both in person, if you can. Only you can tell what works best with your grip style.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I would test both in person, if you can. Only you can tell what works best with your grip style.

~ Intensity:

Yes, that's the way to go.

Oddly, in my case, both OBB and BB work well.

What I don't know is if both OB and B would work equally well.

I've never written with an OB.

It might be time to use an OB tester pen at the local Montblanc boutique.

Tom K.

~ Writing with Montblanc fountain pens and inks is a year-round pleasure.

Friends new and old know of my love for handwriting.

Occasionally a non-Montblanc fountain pen is received as a gift.

How blessed I feel to know those who appreciate the handwritten word.

Tom K.

fpn_1577340416__lamy_studio_ef.jpg

Great photo Tom, looks like an EF or EEF nib?!

~ dascott:

Ha Ha! Your comment caused me to startle Yubi by laughing out loud.

Maybe it's an EEEF Micro-Nib of dimensions which might interest our nib expert friend, zaddick.

It writes best on Cirrus, with excessive bleed-through and feathering on Strato-Cumulus.

Tom K.

~ For a few hours we’re in different years.

Yubi and I were outside when 2020 arrived.

May it be a year of much happiness for all Montblanc fountain users and their loved ones!

~ For a few hours we’re in different years.

Yubi and I were outside when 2020 arrived.

May it be a year of much happiness for all Montblanc fountain users and their loved ones!

To Tom and Yubi and each of you who visit this thread:

:) :) HAPPY NEW YEAR! :) :)

• 1 month later...