What Pens Are You Using Today 2019

RMN

I might have to out myself as a multiple inker... so I have way to many pens inked up at all times...

My main ones, aka the ones I use for various sections in my bullet journal are:

pilot custom 823 Fine. inked with pilot iroshizuku tsutsuji (love that combo)

pilot falcon, metal red SE, inked with pilot iroshizuku ku jaku

pelikan m800 Stresemann Fine, inked with her in rouge granat

twsbi diamond 580 alr b, inked with Visconti green

edison premiere nouveau fine inked with diamond aqua lagoon

and twsbi diamond 580 red and blue, always inked up with black, this time it is Lamy Chrystal obsidian, my newest ink, this is my go to pen. I use it for most lists and notes in my journal

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freddy

• inkstainedruth

• Helen350

• northstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My inked pens right now:

Sailor 1911 L Tangerine (F) with a Diamine Inkvent Calendar ink (a brownish-color)

Black Pilot Metropolitan (M) with a Diamine Inkvent Calendar ink (Elf-green)

Pelikan M400 Green stripe (M) with a Diamine Inkvent Calendar ink (a bright-reddish color)

Diplomat Aero Factory (EF) with a Diplomat blue cartridge

Lamy Al-Star bronze (F) with Lamy blue

Sheaffer Balance w/ tortoiseshell stripes (F) with Jentle Blue-black

Red Pilot-Namiki falcon (F) with Noodler's Apache Sunset

I believe that's it for my inked pens

Edited by WLSpec

My regular daily drivers right now are:

• Parker 45 Flighter 14k (M) - Waterman Serenity Blue
  • Lamy LX Palladium (M) - Platinum Dye Black

I have tried and liked a number of different inks in the P45, including Quink Blue-Black and a vintage bottle of Sheaffer Blue-Black, but I find the Waterman works best for me in this pen.

This morning, so far, it's been the Shrek Puss in Boots Parker Vector, with Birmingham Pens Gunpowder Tea. Not what I was expecting for color, and not really to my taste (nice shading, but otherwise it reminds me a lot of R&K Alt Goldgrun or Diamine Kelly Green (which was so light as to be almost illegible...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

DCCCLXXXV

Carried with me this am in a vintage Pelikan holder............

Parker Silver Pearl Vacumatic D-J Metal Filler

Aurora Archivl Storici Ag .925 Trik-Trak/Cartridge

Meteore 927 Accordion Filler

All filled with the Blues...........................................

fpn_1577487905__1703.jpg

Fred

Dudes'

freakin' evil / toxic

1996 Sheaffer Holly pen set. Very smooth writer, medium.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night fine nib with Diamine Chocolate Brown ink. Trying desperately to jot down an idea for a future computer game I'll write when I've finished the current one - the idea popped into my head very unexpectedly. Scribbling very fast, before the idea vanishes out of my head completely! Luckily this pen is an incredibly smooth writer, floating across the paper.

This morning, I inked up a couple of new clear Noodler's Ahabs.

1. Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses - gorgeous color. This ink is what I had hoped Diamine Syrah would be.

2. Noodler's Whaleman's Sepia - at first, this one came out very in thick lines and so dark as to be almost black. But then I adjusted the feed, and now it's a finer line and the lovely sepia brown I was looking for.

I was going to order some Goulet #6 nibs for these pens. But now that I have them adjusted the way I like, I may save the $30 for the moment.

These samples have passed the test, and bottles will now go on my to-buy list.

Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Purple Cosmos, zoom nib, with old-version Sailor Sky High.

Parker Vacumatic Green Shadow Wave, F (?) nib), with vintage Quink Microfilm Black.

At some point, probably later this evening, I need to finish the review/test I started of Birmingham Pens Gunpowder Tea, currently in the Parker Vector Shrek/Puss in Boots pen, M nib; partly I've had too much running around to do since Christmas, and since getting home on Sunday that hasn't let up -- I've done 9 loads of laundry, had choir rehearsal last night, then today had to run errands including mailing bills, some grocery shopping, and picking up some paperwork from the bank that has to be signed and gotten back to the loan officer on Thursday having to do with the line of credit re-fi).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Placeholder for 2020

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 1 year later...

Pen that is inked is a custom commission by Manoj of Fosfor Pens 

I call it Fosfor Custom Evergreen (As it uses the Conway Stewart Blanks)

The pen has roll stop sterling silver band

Fosfor Evergreen.jpg

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter