What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

Wing Sung 827

Wing Sung 827 - It is a Fountain Pen with a classic nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Filling System - It is C/C ,

Color - Polished Stainless Steel cap and Barrel , with a metal section .

Nib - A fine classic nib .

Ink - Pelikan 4001, Royal Blue .

post-134601-0-47106900-1519547359_thumb.jpg

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Baoer 501 inked with D. Pumpkin

2 mystery Baoers in blue and dark copper inked with D. Midnight and D. Ancient Copper

Picasso 915 inked with D. Sherwood Green

Delike Alpha inked with Koh-i-noor Permanent black

Two newly acquired PenBBS 309s, Tranparent Dark Green and Transparent Blue. My first Chinese pens and I'm impressed. I much prefer stubs, so I'll be swapping out the nibs in these at some point. Still, nice writing experience as is.

The only issue I found is it's easy to start unscrewing the entire piston assembly instead of activating the piston, at least on my first fill. Not a big deal to me.

I think these are real bargain and I see many more PenBBS pens in my future.

Cheers.

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

Today I used my Jinhao 159 and it reminded me that I really need to replace the nib with a better Jowo or Nemosine nib. Love the thickness of the section though for large amounts of pain-free writing.

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

Or for the price of that really well made pen you could fly to China and pick up enough budget pens to last a lifetime and have a wealth of memories as well.

All pens are full of the same words waiting to be set free.

Oooh. I like this idea!

Jinhao 750 Flat Black with a Nemosine 0.6

Jinhao 750 Gloss Black with a JOWO 1.1

Diamine Teal ink

Edited by kd3

Add lightness and simplicate.

Jinhao 750 Flat Black with a Nemosine 0.6

Jinhao 750 Gloss Black with a JOWO 1.1

Hi, I'm curious as to what led you to choose different brand nibs. I bought a Jowo B for my Jinhaos and I'm considering an M nib as well - was going to get the Jowo but I know Nemosine (and Bock) make them as well.

“We could be heroes/Just for one day” ― David Bowie

Hero - 616 (Small) (1988)

Hero 616 (Small) - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 12 cm ,

Filling System - It is aerometric ,

Color - Steel Cap and Burgundy Red Barrel and Section with a ink window .

Nib - A fine hooded nib .

post-134601-0-54486200-1520413569_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Hi, I'm curious as to what led you to choose different brand nibs. I bought a Jowo B for my Jinhaos and I'm considering an M nib as well - was going to get the Jowo but I know Nemosine (and Bock) make them as well.

Chose JOWO from fpnibs in Spain before I knew about Beaufort here in the UK. Also before I knew about the different characteristics between Bock and JOWO nibs

I bought the Nemosine 0.6 because it's a 0.6 stub! :) Don't know of anothe source at this time

Edited by kd3

I bought the Nemosine 0.6 because it's a 0.6 stub! :) Don't know of anothe source at this time

I do you like the Nemosine nibs? I'm looking at putting one of their 0.8 stubs in my PenBBS 309. I want something just a little finer than my 1.1 TWSBIs.

Cheers.

~Brian

"Mostly I just kill time, and it dies hard." - Raymond Chandler (The Long Goodbye)

Hey fuddmain. My reasoning was the same. I still have a 1.1 mounted and enjoy using it, but for me it's not for everyday. As for the 0.6, after 5 seconds on the 1200 micro mesh I find it smooth with modest feefback. The 0.6 definitely adds character to my hand. Go for it!

Hero - 856

Hero - 856 - It is a Fountain Pen with a classic nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Color - Black plastic : barrel , cap and section with a clear transparent ink window.

Nib - A fine classic nib .

post-134601-0-79127300-1520576502_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Ionut - Marius

pen for today is my Jinhao 159 retrofitted with a Hero Calligraphy ( Fude ) nib

Edited by Mech-for-i

• 2 weeks later...

Hero - 100 (14 K - Gold Nib)

Hero 100 - It is a Fountain Pen with a hooded nib .

Length 13,5 cm ,

Color - Steel Cap and Black Resin Barrel and Section .

Nib - A fine hooded 14 k gold nib .

post-134601-0-58730600-1521576385_thumb.jpg

Ionut - Marius

Inked for rotation is my Wing Sung 612A ( late 90s export model ) in teal ; and Lily 715 , both vintage hooded nib

26116317287_b4c0a36bcf_k.jpg

Lily 715 by Mech for i, on Flickr

26116304777_951b7e5ac8_k.jpg

Wing Sung 612A circa late 90s by Mech for i, on Flickr

http://i.imgur.com/W4Bao7N.jpgI just received this pen from China. It said PenBBS 309 when I ordered it. However, there is no marking or brand anywhere on the pen. The nib stamped EF. Looking at others PenBBS 309 show a different cap than mine. I like this wire clip on the cap.

It's very smooth and balanced.

Edited by testrider

http://i.imgur.com/W4Bao7N.jpgI just received this pen from China. It said PenBBS 309 when I ordered it. However, there is no marking or brand anywhere on the pen. The nib stamped EF. Looking at others PenBBS 309 show a different cap than mine. I like this wire clip on the cap.

It's very smooth and balanced.

This is not a PenBBS 309 !

Ionut - Marius

There are many ebay listings for PenBBS pens with multiple listings and among the list of options is a really cheap pen (or packet of nibs or something) that's a much lower price than all the PenBBS pens listed. It's a bit of a scammy thing to do because it makes the price shown on the search results the lowest priced item and not the higher-priced item described in the title. I've been on a one-woman campaign to report them, but I don't think ebay cares.

Just like this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Luxury-PENBBS-308-Acrylic-Fountain-Pen-Smooth-Fine-0-5mm-Nib-Writing-For-Him-New/352265748392?hash=item5204acbfa8:m:mG2tJVhZZTyKiyFtI932kFQ

Will work for pens... :unsure:

There are many ebay listings for PenBBS pens with multiple listings and among the list of options is a really cheap pen (or packet of nibs or something) that's a much lower price than all the PenBBS pens listed. It's a bit of a scammy thing to do because it makes the price shown on the search results the lowest priced item and not the higher-priced item described in the title. I've been on a one-woman campaign to report them, but I don't think ebay cares.

Just like this one: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Luxury-PENBBS-308-Acrylic-Fountain-Pen-Smooth-Fine-0-5mm-Nib-Writing-For-Him-New/352265748392?hash=item5204acbfa8:m:mG2tJVhZZTyKiyFtI932kFQ

It annoys me too. Is it even against ebay rules though?

Also, ladies and gentlemen, I need advice. I've received my order of three pens, one Hero 329, one Hero 616 and finally one Jinhao X450.

The Hero pens have both dried up overnight. Okay, it was just an experiment, no big deal.

The Jinhao X450 though, it's nothing like the reviews say. It lays down a nice line only on the downstroke. The horizontal strokes and the upstroke are so dry that they get thinner and thinner, and the nib's scratchy while writing in these directions, but it's smooth on the downstroke. So far I've flushed nib and feed with water, and I've shimmed a piece of plastic between the tines near the nib, where I see with a loupe that they are very close to each other. What to do now?

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png