What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

Received my Moonman M600S. Ordered via ETSY on Juli 1, arrived July 9.

First impression: not bad.... not bad at all!

Very nice. :thumbup:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... second impression:

1. I took the nib unit apart, rinsed it with water plus a little detergent, then plenty fresh water. After that, both pens needed a little while to saturate the feed and the nib. I shook them a little to get them started, and they burped a few drops. But once the feed was wet, no more burping. I guess, as with most pens, they need some time to 'stabilize' the capillary properties of the feed and nib.
  2. Nibs needed no adjustment. I opted for the 'F' nibs, and they are smooth, lay down a nice and consistent line width (Waterman Serenity Blue and Diamine Majestic Blue for inks). True F width, nice and narrow on Rhodia, a little wider on standard college pad paper. Great! Just what I hoped for!
  3. I tried a long, empty Waterman cartridge, and in the brown pen, the cartridge got stuck in the barrel. Meaning, when you unscrew section from barrel, the cartridge stays in the barrel. The teal one, not so. I will find a proper size drill and ream up the barrel a little bit. It's only the deep end that needs a little reaming.
  4. The clip is nice, but a little less stiff when compared with the clip of the Parker Duofold Centennial. Not really an issue though.
  5. Just as with the Duofold, the section flares out a little, and I like that. Good grip, holds very securely, no slipping.

I will see how they behave when used a little longer. And if now flaws show up, I may order some more! Ideal give-away pen!

Edited by Thymen

I'm travelling for about five weeks; driving across Canada. So I thought I'd do a short YouTube on what I'm bringing with me. Surprise! They are all Chinese fountain pens! My goal was to take as much ink as possible with no bottles.

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

- goal was to take as much ink as possible with no bottles - Ha Ha Ha ... know that this is what we all do; really; let's admit it we are a bunch of weirdos and for today I am starting my old Hero 3801 with Blackstone Uluru Red

Edited by Mech-for-i

Returned from a 9 day trip to discover that my Moonman M600S had arrived. Med. nib. Inked with

Noodler's Walnut.

fpn_1563849836__moonman_m600s72219.jpg

Received a Jinhao x450 in the mail yesterday, it's probably my fifth Chinese pen I've purchased (all of which came with nibs that were subpar or barely functioning) I also received a Nemosine B nib in the mail with it, and immediately put it in the Jinhao. Wow! What a difference!

The Nemosine Broad is much too fine for my taste (I use BBB for daily writing), but the nib is too smooth to avoid using it! I'm drawn to writing with it even though it isn't my preferred width.

starting my just arrived Moonman 80s Teal inked ( appropriately ) with Pilot Iroshizuku Syo-ro

fpn_1563984420__80s.jpeg

Edited by Mech-for-i

Natami Inception - F. nib. Ink: Akkerman Rood Pluche. My Natami Inception arrived today from Bobby.

The color reminds me of my Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. Cap band, clip, ring at the top of the section and

nib are rose gold in color. Nib is smooth with some feedback. Might consider just a bit of micromesh.

Both body and cap are smoothly, multi-faceted. Section is not faceted. Screw cap, with smooth threads.

Top of body does not have the usual FP finial; is rounded, with evidence of very small molding indent,

For the money, this pen is well made, and has the look of a more costly FP. Cap finial has an inner

lining. Though my hands are small, prefer writing with this pen capped. Capping requires a bit of careful

placing. Nib size - 5+. Engraved on nib: Natami - The Flight of Time. Not a wet nib. Wide cap band

with Flight of Time" 1919 engraved on it. Clip is snug, and will fit on a shirt pocket without any trouble..

BODY LENGTH: From nib to top of body - 4 3/4"

CAP LENGTH: 2 1/2"

LENGTH CAPPED: 6 1/2"

fpn_1563991822__natamiinception72419.jpg

Lovely photo of the Natami Inception Helen. I got mine (identical to yours), last Friday, just a day before I left for my trip. Mine arrived damaged in the post. A new one will be waiting for me when I get back. It is a very good looking pen. I like the facets and the weight and feel of the pen. Of course, I can't comment on how it writes because mine doesn't. But the pen felt good with a good size section the same colour as the body and a terrific looking nib. I think I'll ink mine with Iroshizuku Yama-Budo. :)

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

Kaigelu 316 - M. nib. Ink: Iroshizuku Kon-Peki

PenBBS 266 - F. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Antique Oxford

Lanbitou 3059 - M. nib. Ink: Lamy Dark Violet

Lanbitou 3059 - Purple M. nib Ink: Lamy Dark Violet

Lanbitou 3059 Pale Blue - M. nib. Ink: Sheafffer Skrip Turquoise

Lanbitou 3059 - Green - M. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Emerald

Koi Penbbs 308 with an italic-ground Jinhao nib, Blackstone red cashmere ink.

post-123774-0-66909700-1564849260_thumb.jpeg

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

• 3 weeks later...

Starting my Jinhao 159 Purple refitted with a Hero FM nib , inked with a mix of Hero 234 Carbon Black + Bai-Yun 760 Iron Gall Blue Black 1:3

48360776927_7792f5e2b1_k.jpgJinhao 159, on Flickr

Thanks to the Evil That Is Amazon, I saw these KawecoSport-inspired WS pens ... Could not resist purchase and comparison. Monteverde Malibu Blue loaded in both pens.

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/6915/6089/6124/Kaweco-Wing_Sung-640p.jpg

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/2615/6090/4938/Kaweco_Wing_Sung_Review_2-640p.jpg

I have been using Iraurita fountain pens, a knock off of Delike Alphas which are a knock-off Kaweco Sport. The Iraurita don't have the "War and Peace" inscribed like the Alphas. I have brass, gold and silver. I also have a knock-off of the Iraurita that comes in a gorgeous rose golden that matches my favorite dress. :lticaptd:

The Wing Sung are cute, but I would break the plastic. My picture didn't show up on Flickr until this morning. :rolleyes:

48591940296_1da2578111.jpg

My daily carry fountain pens by Valerie Kelley, on Flickr

Rose golden inked with Yu-Yake, Red - Diamine Blood Orange Brass - Koh-i-noor black document

Edited by richila

Natami Inception - F. nib. Ink: Akkerman Rood Pluche. My Natami Inception arrived today from Bobby.

The color reminds me of my Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. Cap band, clip, ring at the top of the section and

nib are rose gold in color. Nib is smooth with some feedback. Might consider just a bit of micromesh.

Both body and cap are smoothly, multi-faceted. Section is not faceted. Screw cap, with smooth threads.

Top of body does not have the usual FP finial; is rounded, with evidence of very small molding indent,

For the money, this pen is well made, and has the look of a more costly FP. Cap finial has an inner

lining. Though my hands are small, prefer writing with this pen capped. Capping requires a bit of careful

placing. Nib size - 5+. Engraved on nib: Natami - The Flight of Time. Not a wet nib. Wide cap band

with Flight of Time" 1919 engraved on it. Clip is snug, and will fit on a shirt pocket without any trouble..

BODY LENGTH: From nib to top of body - 4 3/4"

CAP LENGTH: 2 1/2"

LENGTH CAPPED: 6 1/2"

fpn_1563991822__natamiinception72419.jpg

Ooooo...where are these available?

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.