What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

PenBBS 491-19 This has to be one of my favourite PenBBS materials. I mean, just look at the way it picks up, and plays with the light.

49745185203_eabc22e7b1_b.jpg

49746054462_62dc2c3613_b.jpg

:)

Looks like a nice pen. The back looks a bit chunky compared to the section. Does that make it uncomfortable?

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Starting my duo of Selmy Koi today , the white pen had a Fuliwan M nib retrofitted & inked with Cross Royal Blue, the black pen had the original EF nib , inked with PenBBS no.27 Raven Grey

49915222882_bd4b73bddd_k.jpgSelmy Koi , on Flickr

Could we please end the thread of 2018 and 2019?

IIRC, we are in 2020. However, main reason: a 29-page thread is quite tedious to go through on mobile phones.

Let's please use: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/353947-what-chinese-pens-are-you-using-today-2020/

I started with my today's pen.

Perhaps, the administrators could move the 2020 part into the new thread? That would be nice, thank you.

Edited by mke

• 4 months later...

On a whim, I picked up an Amazonbasics (M) and another Jinhao 159 (white). Testing them out tonight.

Amazonbasics - amazon black cartridge. I intended to try the Jinhao converter from the 159 first, but it didn't fit. :gaah: That's weird. Everything I have read tells me that this pen is probably made my Jinhao, and the carts look the same (In photos) as the Jinhao branded carts. Oh well. It writes quite nicely - very smooth, but with just enough feedback that I don't feel out of control. (compare to Vector and Jotter nibs, which are too smooth for my taste) Time will tell whether I like the metal section or not.

Jinhao 159 - Diamine Oxford Blue. I already know these are great pens from the other one I have owned. (I gave it away) I am happy to see that this one is also a great writer out of the box.

$20 well spent, I have to say. Now I just need to figure out what kind of converter will work on the amazon pen. I can get a 5-pack of Baoer 388 pens on amazon, and they all have converters. I wonder if one of those will work? :mellow:

• 2 months later...

Hong Dian Blue Forest with fude nib. 

IMG_4716B.jpg.4dceb6e7e15ab094d2d44eb626c538d1.jpg

icono-FPN.jpg.7d7893a5ab42f8fa5b2997cafa22c56d.jpg

Calligraphic lover. Instagram @nomlenom | Learn calligraphy on my Youtube channel: Nomlenom
Entering the world of fountain pens because of copperplate.

• 2 weeks later...

Nomlenom,

you wield that fude nib as well as I've ever seen it done. Absolutely lyrical!

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

My Jinhao X500 is in rotation again today.

The nib in this pen is objectively my best Chinese nib, smooth, reliable, well flowing although fine.

750725970_P1160568-3JinhaoX500.thumb.jpg.dc96e26e13550e0abe2944378bf4253a.jpg

14 hours ago, bobjpage said:

Nomlenom,

you wield that fude nib as well as I've ever seen it done. Absolutely lyrical!

Thanks for your words. Before I became fond of fountain pens, I used brushes like the Pentel brush pen; When I discovered the fude nibs, I realized that the same calligraphy that I practiced with the brush pens could be done. The fude nib allows to be more consistent and regular in the strokes and that is where suddenly the... fudescript is born! 😅

icono-FPN.jpg.7d7893a5ab42f8fa5b2997cafa22c56d.jpg

Calligraphic lover. Instagram @nomlenom | Learn calligraphy on my Youtube channel: Nomlenom
Entering the world of fountain pens because of copperplate.

• 4 months later...

Wing Sung 601 with the "Bobby" turned up trip. I had left it for months, almost forgetting it except that I saw the purple jewel sitting up from four or five P-51s. Writes perfectly on my Office Max Grid Composition book, a book I'm trying as a super-cheap replacement for Levenger's Notabilia. The pen / paper / ink (Asa-Gao?) combination works perfectly. 

This is a pen that Parker should have released as the new P-51. Great modernized version of the Vacumatic filling system. Easy for an owner to take apart. Pretty good slip-cap, rather than the screw-cap of the P51-NG. If I was the Parker division of Newell, I'd have had Wing Sung make this pen to the P-51 specs, allowing nibs and caps to be swapped. Also smoothed the edges of the cap tassie, which is slightly rough. The barrel, blind cap, and hood have a solid feel. It would have been easy to make a gold-nib version with "rolled-gold" cap, and to make a simpler c/c version just to be compatible with Parker tradition since the P-45 and P-75. 

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

• 3 months later...

Hi everybody!!This is my first post in this thread.

Jinhao "Heritage 9056" American Walnut finish, with F nib, arrived yesterday and I am really impressed with this pen. Its look, size, balance and especially with this # 6 fine nib,it writes so well. I inked it with Diamine Tobacco Sunburst, my current favorite.

IMG_20210805_104402.jpg

IMG_20210805_104403.jpg

Sagar Bhowmick

• 4 months later...
On 1/2/2018 at 12:06 AM, Mech-for-i said:

Start my Hero H703 Satin Gold for the new year with Platinum mix free Leaf Green

I am using Asvine V169 Vaccum Fountain Pen

_DSC1846.JPG

Chinese Pens Supplier

1 minute ago, pensuplier said:

I am using Asvine V169 Vaccum Fountain Pen

_DSC1846.JPG

The skeleton is cut out from a solid tube of brass, the body was made of clear acrylic, very smoothly stainless steel nib.

Chinese Pens Supplier

• 1 month later...

Edited by afishhunter
didn't see the later thread.

• 8 months later...

3x Hero 616 "Doctor's Pens, in Green (Noodlers Green Marine ink), Black (Noodlers Black), and Maroon (Noodlers "Red-Black" which is more of an eye searing "Fire Engine" red. I "fixed" it by adding about 0.25ml Noodlers Lexington Gray.)

IMG_20221108_083142.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess I have been 'away' too long...when I was last here 8-10 years ago... everyone loved Chinese pens 🙁  It seems a long while since anyone posted here..🙁 So I'll say I was using my Bejing Jinxing A28 todat...