What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

My Wing Sung 601A is in constant use these days.

Had it a while now and pleased to report no issues at all.

Writes first time, everytime. :)

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

I've had to attack the feed on two of my WS601's. Both had a moulded obstruction in the feed channel 2/3 the way up the channel, with the piston pump green and piston pump transparent green. It felt as if the tool moulding the slit had a chip broken out of the bit making the slit. After cutting that away, and widening the slit on both pens they are now up to the standard of a juicy wet P51. Love them. Haven't even had to smooth the 0.8mm fude nibs much, either, they behave just like UK medium nibs.

The transparent green was actually the most difficult to get the nib set right, but at least it was possible to see when the nib was getting starved.

Regards,

Richard.

Both my Picasso 975 & Jinhao 51A arrived this afternoon. Will put them through their paces this evening..

1. Picasso 975 - F. nib. Ink: Noodler's Ottoman Rose (writes like a F/Med).

2. Jinhao 51A - F. nib. (hooded) Ink: Chesterfield Turquoise (writes like a F/Med)

Acrylic - Bobby Pens

fpn_1551820970__picasso9753519.jpg

fpn_1551821218__jinhao51a3519.jpg

My next Picasso has landed in the States! Aluminum Alloy - Picasso 961 - Model: George Simmel Door & Bridge. Very different than any other pen in my small collection. I am partial to the military green ;) Semper Fidelis

s-l1600.jpg

My next Picasso has landed in the States! Aluminum Alloy - Picasso 961 - Model: George Simmel Door & Bridge. Very different than any other pen in my small collection. I am partial to the military green ;) Semper Fidelis

s-l1600.jpg

good choice ( actually I've bought one ; the same color .. :blush: )

good choice ( actually I've bought one ; the same color .. :blush: )

Mech, is the nib on this Picasso as smooth as the Picasso Avignon, the 915 and the 901? My 915 writes like butter

Mech, is the nib on this Picasso as smooth as the Picasso Avignon, the 915 and the 901? My 915 writes like butter

generally and pretty much the same

Picasso 926 Luxor - M. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Antique Yankee

Pilot Prera - M. nib. Ink: Black ink cartridge

fpn_1552138178__picassoluxorf.jpg

Thought I should share the Stats for the Picasso 975:

Uncapped: 4 3/4" Weight: Capped: 18g Nib: #5 F

Capped: 5 3/4" Cap Weight: 8g

Cap Length: 2 1/4" Body Weight: 10g

I do not normally like F nibs, though I have purchased a few of them recently. It writes somewhat like a F/M. It is a #5 nib with the appropriate finned feed. Nice ink flow. Being a fine nib, it is not as smooth as the Picasso 915, however, for a fine nib it is fairly smooth with a bit of feedback. The feedback is not problematic at all. Nib has the Picasso design stamped on it as well. The pen itself is lovely. Feels good in my hand. Clip is tight; also simple in design with the Picasso logo stamped on it.. Caps deeply. I am going to try to fine a nice medium nib to swap. Someone who has a #5 gold medium. nib would be a lucky individual. It would be a marvelous combo for this pen. China appears to be upping their game quite a bit

fpn_1551820970__picasso9753519.jpg

My Picasso collection has grown: Picasso 901 Amorous Feeling of Paris

Picasso 926 Luxor

Picasso 915 Marble Rose Red Celluloid (nib smooth as butter)

Picasso 933 Avignon (gold version--looks like an expensive pen)

Picasso 975 Celluloid

Picasso 961 Georg Simmel (Passed Customs - awaiting arrival)

I am using a wing sung 3007. I like how it comes with a converter and I need not buy one as with a Kaweco Sport.

If you're on a tight budget, sometimes you need to trade off.

Wing Sung 3008 - Blue - F. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Green

Wing Sung 3008 - Green F. nib. Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise

This pen holds quite a bit of ink, and takes several days to empty it. Completed my devotional Thought For Today using the Green 3008. Interested to discover what #5 med.or stub nib would work best in this pen?? Apart from being careful not to turn the cap when the pen is capped & inked, this is a decent pen for the money.. I think I will purchase several more to have in my extra pen stash for gifting.

Wing Sung 3008 - Blue - F. nib. Ink: Chesterfield Green

Wing Sung 3008 - Green F. nib. Ink: Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise

This pen holds quite a bit of ink, and takes several days to empty it. Completed my devotional Thought For Today using the Green 3008. Interested to discover what #5 med.or stub nib would work best in this pen?? Apart from being careful not to turn the cap when the pen is capped & inked, this is a decent pen for the money.. I think I will purchase several more to have in my extra pen stash for gifting.

I purchased Medium nibs for all three of my Wing Sung 3008's. It is a much nicer writing experience and the pens flow like crazy. Very easy swap out.

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

I purchased Medium nibs for all three of my Wing Sung 3008's. It is a much nicer writing experience and the pens flow like crazy. Very easy swap out.

Well I just purchased med. nibs for the 3008s, and looking forward to a nicer writing experience as well. With larger handwriting, I prefer med. nibs. I can handle a fine which writes like a fine/med. Just placed a nice looking Picasso in my basket - Picasso 962 Van Der Rohe in Linen Brown (Metal) - Weight 23g & Med. nib. The Agate Red also looks nice.

I fell in love with the Jinhao Shark pen AND the WS vac-filler (601, is it?)

The Shark pens are fun, come in fun colors, with regular or fude nibs, and so far, are very good writers. Dare I say that the WS is nicer to write with than my actual Parker 51s?

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

The Shark pens are fun, come in fun colors, with regular or fude nibs, and so far, are very good writers. Dare I say that the WS is nicer to write with than my actual Parker 51s?

Sailor, you might want to keep that on the Q.T. The Parker 51 diehards might take issue! :lticaptd: I had not given

thought to the Jinhao Shark - but based on several comments I might just bite the bullet. Took a look and like

the yellow (to add to my yellow pen collection), lime green and ivory white/ Does the fine nib write like a

fine/med or a true fine??

Interested to discover what #5 med.or stub nib would work best in this pen??

Lamy nibs fit on the Wing Sung 3008, they have 1.1, 1.5 and 1.9 stubs. Sometimes they sit a bit loose on the WIng Sung feed, but that can easily be adjusted.

Sailor, you might want to keep that on the Q.T. The Parker 51 diehards might take issue! :lticaptd: I had not given

thought to the Jinhao Shark - but based on several comments I might just bite the bullet. Took a look and like

the yellow (to add to my yellow pen collection), lime green and ivory white/ Does the fine nib write like a

fine/med or a true fine??

It seems to be more in the MF category, although there is an EF. Jinhaos hooded nibs seem to work better than their open selections. I've been getting them from Amazon.

Given that this is a thread for Chinese pens....maybe I'm safe from Parkerites... ;)

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

In some ways I prefer the WS601 to a P51. Has the same feel, but no angst about the danger of damaging it.

Wish WS would concentrate on the P61 next, and making it out of non self-destructing materials. Then I'd have a cheap alternative to every pen I really like.

Regards,

Richard.

Now together with the Picasso 915 lying next to your Kaigelu, you will have a beautiful set. (smile)!

s-l1600.jpg

fpn_1551504446__kaigelu316ink.jpg

I've had a Picasso 915 in my eBay cart for quite a while now. There was an eBay discount offer today and I pulled the trigger. So, in a couple of weeks, I will have the same beautiful pen pairing that you have Helen. I bought the auction with the presentation box as well. Looks like the Blue Crocodile 801 will have to wait.

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray