What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

Hero 6155 - F/M. Nib. Ink:Sheaffer Skrip Green (more like teal). Up late studying for a test I will be taking on Saturday regarding the five Commissions in the NT. This pen was a gift to me by a FPN member from overseas, and I am so thankful. A rather smooth nib - did not require micromesh.. Ink flow is good. #5 nib. Unique cap.

fpn_1551426426__herowhite3119.jpg

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hero 6155 - F/M. Nib. Ink:Sheaffer Skrip Green (more like teal). Up late studying for a test I will be taking on Saturday regarding the five Commissions in the NT. This pen was a gift to me by a FPN member from overseas, and I am so thankful. A rather smooth nib - did not require micromesh.. Ink flow is good. #5 nib. Unique cap.

That's lovely Helen! It looks more ivory than white. Is that just the photo?

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

Drathbun that K316 looks amazing in your pictures.

Congrats on a great purchase. Enjoy the chatoyance!

Thanks, YFS! I'm so pleased with it. Not just it's looks, but it is a fabulous writer. Wet and wide and smooth. I like it so much, I just pulled the trigger on another one; the blue/black version. This one won't come in a box, but I've noticed that the box for the Amber 316 has elastics (under the ribbon) for TWO pens. So they'll both have a bed.

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

That's lovely Helen! It looks more ivory than white. Is that just the photo?

It is a white pen.

Thanks, YFS! I'm so pleased with it. Not just it's looks, but it is a fabulous writer. Wet and wide and smooth. I like it so much, I just pulled the trigger on another one; the blue/black version. This one won't come in a box, but I've noticed that the box for the Amber 316 has elastics (under the ribbon) for TWO pens. So they'll both have a bed.

Now together with the Picasso 915 lying next to your Kaigelu, you will have a beautiful set. (smile)!

s-l1600.jpg

fpn_1551504446__kaigelu316ink.jpg

I have all three colors of the K316, and I think the black version is the best looking. I love the amber and white as well, but the black is very cool.

So good decision there my friend. Enjoy!

If you want a nice quality box, you can buy this one from a local hobby store. At our local store it is always on sale for about $3-4

The picture doesn't do justice because it is a plush black velvet box meant for jewelry and fits one pen of this size very well.

You can store two thinner pens very nicely as well.

fpn_1551506362__20190302_005337_resized.

Helen,

where's the Picasso 975?

As of yesterday it was showing still in US Customs--been there since 2/19/19. I am really looking forward to inking that Picasso up and taking it through its paces. My Jinhao 51A Wood is in Miami. My Jinhao 51A Acrylic & Wing Sung 3008 (3) are just leaving China. My Picasso 961 & Jinhao 51A Acrylic (Bobby Pens) just landed in the US..

Now together with the Picasso 915 lying next to your Kaigelu, you will have a beautiful set. (smile)!

I see what you did there Helen! ;)

- William Thackeray

:rolleyes: Well, I did try my best!

It may work yet Helen. I have one identical to yours in my "Save for Later" cart on eBay.

- William Thackeray

It may work yet Helen. I have one identical to yours in my "Save for Later" cart on eBay.

This is the Picasso I am looking to purchase soon. Your thought?

s-l1600.jpg

Well, I am in a yellow mood this evening! I think me brain is overtired from writing :wacko:

fpn_1551719313__yellowpens23419.jpg

Left to right:

Chinese pen - unbranded Century

Jinhao Century

Jinhao 992

Jinhao 599 Metal

Jinhao 159

Pilot Lucina

Pilot Prera

Just 4 today for me.

Wing Sung 601 Vacumatic Red. Visconti Red Ink.

Wing Sung 601 Piston Pump Flashing Blue. Baystate Blue Ink. This pen really tames BSB's feathering, only problem being spotting through to next page.

Wing Sung 601 Piston Pump Green. Diamine Sherwood Green Ink.

Wing Sung 601 Piston Pump Transparent Green. Diamine Turquoise Ink.

All four have 0.8mm fude nibs, and the opaque colours have 6 windows.

I really like these pens, and use them instead of my P51's to avoid taking the more valuable pens out of the house.

My first one was a black 6 window vacumatic, didn't change the nib and used it with Quink Black. Really nice pen, felt perfect. Unfortunately the hood split. I'll probably be replacing it this month. Want a clear one too for Diamine Imperial Purple.

Regards,

Richard.

This is the Picasso I am looking to purchase soon. Your thought?

s-l1600.jpg

Thats a pretty one. I like the pattern in the silver on the barrel. It is a bit too thin and monochromatic for me though.

- William Thackeray

Thats a pretty one. I like the pattern in the silver on the barrel. It is a bit too thin and monochromatic for me though.

Well it is monochromatic, however, the pattern adds something to it. I will be ordering the gold one. It is so interesting the varied likes and dislikes of FP users. But thank goodness, there are pens out there for all of us to enjoy! What Chinese pen are you looking to add to your collection next?

Well it is monochromatic, however, the pattern adds something to it. I will be ordering the gold one. It is so interesting the varied likes and dislikes of FP users. But thank goodness, there are pens out there for all of us to enjoy! What Chinese pen are you looking to add to your collection next?

I have two pens already on their way; a second Moonman M2 and a second Kaigelu 316. The second Kaigelu will be the charcoal version. I've dubbed Kaigelu (amber) "Kanga" and the charcoal version "Roo". I suppose if I end up with the veined white version as well, I'll have to call it "Joey". Did you know that a group of kangaroos is called a "Mob"? LOL A "mob" of pens.

I have had my eye on the new Moonman M600. That acrylic checkerboard is very nice. But the price is almost what I paid for my wife's Visconti (which should arrive by FedEx today). Chrisrap52 was a little bit disappointed in the Schmidt nib that came with it, however. If "Roo" writes with anywhere near the lushness of "Kanga", then "Joey" might be next.

Here is the Moonman M600:

s-l1600.jpg

- William Thackeray

I have two pens already on their way; a second Moonman M2 and a second Kaigelu 316. The second Kaigelu will be the charcoal version. I've dubbed Kaigelu (amber) "Kanga" and the charcoal version "Roo". I suppose if I end up with the veined white version as well, I'll have to call it "Joey". Did you know that a group of kangaroos is called a "Mob"? LOL A "mob" of pens.

I have had my eye on the new Moonman M600. That acrylic checkerboard is very nice. But the price is almost what I paid for my wife's Visconti (which should arrive by FedEx today). Chrisrap52 was a little bit disappointed in the Schmidt nib that came with it, however. If "Roo" writes with anywhere near the lushness of "Kanga", then "Joey" might be next.

Here is the Moonman M600:

s-l1600.jpg

I was just looking at this pen about an hour ago. I like the white/brown checkered one. Did watch Chrisrap52's video on this pen on YT. I'm going to have to stop watching Chris, or I'll be broke and hungry. :blush:

il_570xN.1782173142_emr3.jpg

I was just looking at this pen about an hour ago. I like the white/brown checkered one. Did watch Chrisrap52's video on this pen on YT. I'm going to have to stop watching Chris, or I'll be broke and hungry. :blush:

LOL! Ain't that the truth. I was concerned about the average rating he gave the Schmidt nib as well as the price tag. I'm not sure I want a Chinese fine-nibbed $100 Cdn. pen regardless of how pretty it is.

I might have to give this one a try instead:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by drathbun

- William Thackeray

LOL! Ain't that the truth. I was concerned about the average rating he gave the Schmidt nib as well as the price tag. I'm not sure I want a Chinese fine-nibbed $100 Cdn. pen regardless of how pretty it is.

I might have to give this one a try instead:

s-l1600.jpg

One thing for sure, this pen will provide you with a pleasurable writing experience. It will also leave you with some money to buy yourself a nice steak dinner. :)