What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today? 2018 + 2019

RMN

Nice Delike Helen! I see your Submarine and raise you a New Moon 3! :)

ZLljL1O.jpg

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen350

• Mech-for-i

• drathbun

• Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice Delike Helen! I see your Submarine and raise you a New Moon 3! :)

ZLljL1O.jpg

Well, the New Moon 3 is a nice pen, and I own one; however, (not being a poker player, I choose to reraise you with a Kaigelu 368. It is similar to the New Moon in many ways, yet longer in length This pen has been around for well over 7 yrs. The pen color is the color of an avocado, which is why I selected this particular Private Reserve ink. Could it be that the New Moon 3 gleaned some design points from the Kaigelu 368? (LOL)

fpn_1550182683__kaigelu36821419.jpg

Well, the New Moon 3 is a nice pen, and I own one; however, (not being a poker player, I choose to reraise you with a Kaigelu 368. It is similar to the New Moon in many ways, yet longer in length This pen has been around for well over 7 yrs. The pen color is the color of an avocado, which is why I selected this particular Private Reserve ink. Could it be that the New Moon 3 gleaned some design points from the Kaigelu 368? (LOL)

fpn_1550182683__kaigelu36821419.jpg

That's a pretty pen right there! As Chinese pens go, the Kaigelu is on the high-end side. The fact that it is longer than the New Moon 3 is intriguing to me because the New Moon is way too short unposted and, frustratingly, doesn't post securely. Otherwise, it is a lovely writer and I'm thrilled with the quality.

Now I'm off to eBay to search Kaigelu (filter: lowest price first).

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

That's a pretty pen right there! As Chinese pens go, the Kaigelu is on the high-end side. The fact that it is longer than the New Moon 3 is intriguing to me because the New Moon is way too short unposted and, frustratingly, doesn't post securely. Otherwise, it is a lovely writer and I'm thrilled with the quality.

Now I'm off to eBay to search Kaigelu (filter: lowest price first).

I see you can also find it on AliExpress. Comes in: red/black/coffee/olive green for $17.90. Nibs: 0.7 & curved nib 1.0.

I see you can also find it on AliExpress. Comes in: red/black/coffee/olive green for $17.90. Nibs: 0.7 & curved nib 1.0.

It is all your fault, Helen! I went looking at Kaigelu's and although I like the look of the 368, I already have a couple of metal section pens (Visconti Van Gogh and the New Moon) and rather liked the look of the celluloid 316, so I made an offer on one and got it with the gift box for $25.

In a couple of weeks, I'll be writing with it. :)

OTXfoMm.jpg

6y8LWDj.jpg

crbzXhv.jpg

Edited by drathbun

- William Thackeray

It is all your fault, Helen! I went looking at Kaigelu's and although I like the look of the 368, I already have a couple of metal section pens (Visconti Van Gogh and the New Moon) and rather liked the look of the celluloid 316, so I made an offer on one and got it with the gift box for $25.

In a couple of weeks, I'll be writing with it. :)

OTXfoMm.jpg

The Kaigelu 316 in a definite winner! I own two of them, and they lay stored next to my Picasso Rose Red 915 pen (which is a stunner), with a butter smooth nib.

fpn_1550203299__picasso915b.jpg

drathbun: Thought you would like to know that the nib on the Picasso 915 is very unique, as well as buttery smooth. The nib has on it a dove with a branch in its beak. Very different!!! Hope this helps.

fpn_1550203578__picasso915nib.jpg

drathbun: Thought you would like to know that the nib on the Picasso 915 is very unique, as well as buttery smooth. The nib has on it a dove with a branch in its beak. Very different!!! Hope this helps.

fpn_1550203578__picasso915nib.jpg

You don't scare me, Helen! ;)

- William Thackeray

Today's writer: Moonman M2

kn4lJ95.jpg

PS: (mutters to himself... "I will NOT search for a Picasso Red Rose, I will NOT..." searches for a Picasso anyway)

- William Thackeray

Today's writer: Moonman M2

kn4lJ95.jpg

PS: (mutters to himself... "I will NOT search for a Picasso Red Rose, I will NOT..." searches for a Picasso anyway)

I really do understand (LOL). I've done that myself, That is why my pen collection is well over 220 pens. I would say in the last year or so, China is doing a better job with their pens. There is one more Picasso I want, and prayerfully in April I will be able to add it to my small collection - Picasso Dreamy Polka.918 in gold tone. This is not a cheap Chinese pen, however, I do love the looks of it.

Picasso 975.

Just struggled for an hour trying to post a picture. Too much effort.

I couldn't find a simple way to upload an image. Either it's too big a size or the link doesn't work.

If someone can explain to me how to post a picture that is on my PC, that would be great. The related tutorials on this forum are all dating back several years.

Edited by YFS

Picasso 975.

I couldn't find a simple way to upload an image. Either it's too big a size or the link doesn't work.

If someone can explain to me how to post a picture that is on my PC, that would be great. The related tutorials on this forum are all dating back several years.

it's easier done than said

do this

-top of the page: click the upload tab (a new tab opens called manage uploads)

-click browse

-browse to your image on you HD (pic not larger than 2 Mb otherwise it won't load)

-select it and click "open"

-click add image

-when the image loads, scroll to the bottom of the image, right click direct link, copy

-now go back to your post (it's the previous tab)

--position the cursor where you want your image to show, click the "image" icon (green square above the post)

-in the URL field that opens right click, paste, click ok

before posting click more reply options, the message will show and you will be able to see if your image has loaded correctly

Picasso 975.

I use an image hosting site. I used to use Photobucket until they became a PITA. Now I use Imgur (www.imgur.com). You can upload your images to a free account and edit them for size or cropping with tools right in your library of images and then just click on the image you want to post and there is a simple button to press that copies the BB code and you just CTRL-V paste the code into your message. No fuss, no muss. Here is a screenshot of the code page. The BBCode is the fifth "copy" button from the top. There are even features where you can post a thumbnail of the image and attach the link to the thumbnail (image of my Gibson Hummingbird 12 string guitar - sorry not pen related):

rAzwPeG.png

- William Thackeray

I'm using all three of my Wing Sung 3008's today. I replaced all three Fine nibs with Medium and they are as smooth as glass.

u0ZoTkK.jpg

- William Thackeray

I'm using all three of my Wing Sung 3008's today. I replaced all three Fine nibs with Medium and they are as smooth as glass.

u0ZoTkK.jpg

A lovely combination of colours.

Those demonstrator Wing Sung 698s are just perfect. The black with gold appointments is classy, but the demonstrator still tops the chart.

Good collection drathbun!

Those demonstrator Wing Sung 698s are just perfect. The black with gold appointments is classy, but the demonstrator still tops the chart.

Good collection drathbun!

They are actually 3008's not 698's. I have two 698's, both solid black with gold bands and both of them suck. I swapped out nibs and feeds and they still won't write well, so I've cleaned them out and put them away. The 3008's are smooth, non-skip, first-time writers. I got four of them for about $3.00 each. The 698's were almost $20 each and don't function. Go figure.

- William Thackeray