• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan2016

• NicolausPiscator

• biancitwo

• Cassotto

Wow You're on a roll here :D Love your reviews and the sheening inks back to back :D I will admit this was my first sheening ink I ever bought and It holds a very special place in my ink collection. It's one of the few inks that I actually like the sparkle in.

You have been very busy. Thank you for sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 weeks later...

For me, this is still King of the sparkly, sheeny inks. Thanks for the review and pretty pictures of one of my favorite inks!

"Oh deer."

Thank you for your expressive review! I love Émeraude de Chivor! However, I would have wished that they would not have added the glimmer-stuff! I is so beautiful without it!

fpn_1514464083__j_herbin_emeraude_de_chi

You have this beautiful ink in an M1000. Would all the shimmering additions create a problem in vintage pens? I would love to use it in my 1930s, 40s, and 50s Pelikans. The only J. Herbin ink I have ever used is the original Hematite Rouge. My pen still shows evidence of that.

You can leave out the shimmer by not shaking the bottle and just drawing the ink from the top :-)

I use this ink also in my vintage pens, without any problems.

What evidence did the in leave?

You have this beautiful ink in an M1000. Would all the shimmering additions create a problem in vintage pens? I would love to use it in my 1930s, 40s, and 50s Pelikans. The only J. Herbin ink I have ever used is the original Hematite Rouge. My pen still shows evidence of that.

I would never use shimmer and glimmer inks in a vintage pen or in a high end fountain pen. Even not in a better standard pen. I use glimmer and shimmer inks in my Noodler's Ahab which is extremely easy to clean and in my Kaweco Sports which are also not complicated but after some time the glimmer stays in the feed! Of course the effect can be nice...

You can leave out the shimmer by not shaking the bottle and just drawing the ink from the top :-)

I use this ink also in my vintage pens, without any problems.

What evidence did the in leave?

My Waterman Expert has deep etching in its nib, and deep recesses in its feed. All of these places are still red. I have not used it in the years since I soaked several days after having it filled with Hematite Rouge for several months. Loved the ink. It was stunning. But, it will take an ultrasonic cleaning to remove the red highlights.

My Waterman Expert has deep etching in its nib, and deep recesses in its feed. All of these places are still red. I have not used it in the years since I soaked several days after having it filled with Hematite Rouge for several months. Loved the ink. It was stunning. But, it will take an ultrasonic cleaning to remove the red highlights.

Jup! Rouge hématite is the worst amongst all - and in my opinion a wonderful red, too - the 1670's inks.

• 2 months later...

Deleted because I found a better thread for my query. Sorry for not looking better before posting.

Edited by Cassotto

It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. (Bobby Darin)

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. (Oscar Wilde)