What Waterman Pens Do You Own?

RMN

it is just one part of my WM collection, as the Man100 is the core; bute beside I will add some picts about the Watermina or Waterminums, Liaisons, L'etalon and Edsons and Elégance as well as from the Exception ... 

enjoy!

Waterman Liaison - 01.JPG

Waterman Edson - 01.JPG

Waterman Elégance pens - 02.JPG

Waterman Exception - 02.JPG

Waterman L'Etalon - 02.JPG

Waterman Watermina - 04.JPG

Waterman Night and Day 3 Generations.JPG

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inkyways

• txomsy

• GlenV

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are some very nice pens there! Congrats!

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

And then, there were three...

spacer.png

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• 2 weeks later...

Charleston, Harley-Davidson, Carene, Preface, Gentleman, Expert 3, Phileas
L'Etalon, Exception Slim, Executive, Le Man 100, Exclusive, Expert 1

Waterman is my number one pen brand. I like their nibs and I like their design idiom, varied but always simple yet elegant. These pens make up about a fourth of my collection.

By far the most entertaining is the Harley. It's a clever evocation, with the lifter sleeves, rocker cover, and cooling fins. (I'm not sure where it fits in the Knucklehead/Panhead/Shovelhead sequence.) I always enjoy a hinged clip, and the whole clip assembly is hinged on the far side. The cap ring says "Harley-Davidson powered by Waterman". Somebody obviously had fun designing this one.

My favorite writer would be the Gentleman. The lapis blue is gorgeous, and it's a pleasing change to see the section the same color as the cap and the barrel. The nib glides on paper as if it were lubricated.

A fourteenth pen is missing from this picture. Weeks ago on Amazon I ordered an Expert 3 with an 18K nib (not plated; it's stamped "18K 750"). I hadn't known there was such a thing, but when I chanced to see it I knew I wanted one. However, they still haven't given me a ship date. The seller is Amazon Japan. I'm waiting for them to tell me they're sorry, but they can't fill my order after all.

Waterman 1.jpg

Waterman 2.jpg

Wow! This page is full of some wonderful Waterman pens!

Kudos to you guys!

Thanks for sharing and making me jealous.....

Enjoy,

Mark

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

I have just bought Waterman's *5 with a RED NIB.

I am still waiting to see it and this is my second "Key hole nib" Pen I was longing for.

• 1 month later...

Two months to the day after I ordered it new from Amazon, my Expert with the 18K nib has arrived. I've always thought the Expert is a comfortable pen, so when I happened on this version I coveted it. But it's curious that the pen shipped from Amazon Japan, and if you Google "Waterman 2103856" (the product code for gold trim, medium nib), you get a bunch of hits on Japanese sites. Would Waterman make a pen exclusively for the Japanese market?

IMG_20220711_141107107.jpg

IMG_20220711_141145004.jpg

• 2 months later...

Some very gorgeous pens.

I only have two faded BCHR wet noodle 52's and a @ '90 regular flex Mann 200, whose F is = to my Pelikan 200's EF.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my small collection.  The first fountain pen I bought is the Waterman Laureat II in blue on the left. I got a NOS Phileas Set, with the pen being the Amazon green version. The Waterman Expert 3 was bought in 2021. 

large.DCEBE077-DB7A-4080-9B02-2236D529BD12.jpeg.2849561669faf7691951f1f167f06250.jpeg

Posted Image

I have a  dark blue 515 with broad nib; a scruffy black 503 Accountant pen; a rather faded B(?)CHR Ideal 52 with medium nib that flexes like it's going out of style; and an amber Carene with OB nib.

I'm very fond of the first three, especially the Ideal, but - and I admit it is a small detail - the fact that Waterman didn't align the Carene's boat tail with its nib still irks me, probably far more than it should. Yes, I can (and have) taken care of it myself, but I would expect such finishing touches to be taken care of with a premium pen.

14 hours ago, txomsy said:

Those are beautiful. Congratulations.

Thank you. I sort of want a Phileas Indus River version or gray. Those tend to cost too much when you find one on eBay. The dark red Expert 3 is a beautiful pen, more so in person. 

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

What Waterman do I own? This time I don't know. I just bought this pen online, and I have no idea which model it is. I've browsed all kinds of images of Watermans and I haven't found a match. I just hope it's this gorgeous in person.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

On 10/24/2022 at 6:23 PM, Misfit said:

Thank you. I sort of want a Phileas Indus River version or gray. Those tend to cost too much when you find one on eBay. The dark red Expert 3 is a beautiful pen, more so in person. 

I bought a used Phileas on ebay, didn't know a converter was hard to find. I should've paid the $5 more for the used one with converter.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I have a few Waterman pens, though not so many.  It's nice to see the arrays of such lovely pens.

I do have one to which I had not paid much attention recently until today when I was putting some pens into a display cabinet, and this one jumped out.  It's an early-model 100 Year Deluxe (slightly longer and wider, and with the hugest size nib.  Other than the frayed holder-downers in the box, it's in near perfect condition.  I put a silicone sac into it to help show off the clarity of the lucite.  It's "ink vue" in function, though I have not actually inked it.  hundredlux.thumb.jpg.106c07b69ffda9cf08da848afed32ffe.jpg

On 11/16/2022 at 9:15 PM, Arthur Pewty said:

What Waterman do I own? This time I don't know. I just bought this pen online, and I have no idea which model it is. I've browsed all kinds of images of Watermans and I haven't found a match. I just hope it's this gorgeous in person.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

Well, other than it says "Ideal" on the nib and finial, no clue.  But that is certainly a pretty pen.  What's the nib width on it?  And how does it write?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 11/17/2022 at 3:15 PM, Arthur Pewty said:

s-l1600.jpg

Is it a Waterman Lady Agathe? Do you have the case barrel thingy as well ?
page 23 of 1999 catalogue and page 27 of the 2000 catalogue. 

https://www.watermanromania.ro/cataloage1/Waterman/1999.pdf
https://www.watermanromania.ro/cataloage1/Waterman/2000.pdf

I'm no expert on these pens so can be very wrong.

1 hour ago, shalitha33 said:

Is it a Waterman Lady Agathe? Do you have the case barrel thingy as well ?
page 23 of 1999 catalogue and page 27 of the 2000 catalogue. 

https://www.watermanromania.ro/cataloage1/Waterman/1999.pdf
https://www.watermanromania.ro/cataloage1/Waterman/2000.pdf

I'm no expert on these pens so can be very wrong.

After looking at the first link, I think you may be onto something.  The image from the catalogue does look a LOT like the one in Arthur Pewty's photos.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."