What Waterman Pens Do You Own?

RMN

This is the new fresh 2018 version of the old topic

- What Waterman pens do you own.

Which can be found here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/15838-what-waterman-pens-do-you-own/page-51?p=3970224&do=findComment&comment=3970224

and the poll

- How many Watermans do you own. -

Which can be found here.:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/15848-how-many-watermans-do-you-own/?do=findComment&comment=3978952

D.ick

Edit Feb 23: the old topics are now unpinned but can be found by the above links.

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inkyways

• txomsy

• GlenV

• Addertooth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, Ian!

Thanks for sharing.

Right now, I've got one, a handsome Exception Night & Day black with a great stub nib.

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

My collection has gone down quite a bit from the first "What Waterman Pens do you Own?" topic. Here are all I have left:

post-5351-0-43802400-1515783621_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so I made a series of hasty decisons today (hopefully they will end up being good decisions) and pretty much blindly purchased two Waterman Pens on ebay today. They have been paid for, so they are mine, but I don't have them. I say blindly because I know pretty much nothing about vintage pens. I purchased them based on 3 factors:

1.The ebay sellers excellent 100% pos. rating with over 2500 sales.

2. I was tired of looking and wanted to buy something lol.

3. I just had kind of a feeling that I should buy these pens - they were both made in Canada and I thought I should bring them back home sort of.

They are my first Waterman Pens, and my first Vintage Fountain Pens of any sort ever. Without further adieu:

1. A Waterman- 'Skywriter' (loved the name - also contributed to me buying it.) 1930's Made in Canada, green marbled celluloid, lever filler. The 14k nib apparently writes Fine to Broad.
2. A Waterman Ideal No.32 Lever Filler, 1930's, Made in Canada. The 14k 'Waterman's Ideal England 2' Nib is described as having good flex and writes medium fine to double broad. The pen looks black, but could be a dark blue -it's hard to tell in the pictures, and I didn't ask - as I said, I made a few hasty decisions.
Seller says they have all been properly cleaned with new sacs etc..
I'll have to take my own pics and post'em up when I get'em -
Although I think I should stay away from ebay, it was pretty exciting to win the bids! Especially the Skywriter as I was almost outbid. With just a few seconds left I had to up my bid- Thank goodness for fast internet service lol.

My collection has gone down quite a bit from the first "What Waterman Pens do you Own?" topic. Here are all I have left:

What more could you want...something old, something new and something blue.

Waterman's 12 Eyedropper BHR

Waterman's Safety BHR

Waterman's 12PSF BCHR w 2 floral gold bands

Waterman's 55 MHR

Waterman's 3J BHR (I think - could be celluloid but I don't think so)

Waterman's Dauntless (352? - English)

Waterman's 502 Champion (English)

Waterman's W2

Edited by MercianScribe

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

Well why not start the year with admitting my addiction

Ian, on the top row, next to the last one on the right, can you tell me the model of that pen? Is it green in color, or just the way my monitor sees it?

I have a pen remarkably like that one except that it is black.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Oh, and yep, that's a great collection.

EDIT: I found out what mine is. It's a Waterman Apostrophe, black and gold. Thanks anyway.

Bob

Edited by Coachbob

Ian, on the top row, next to the last one on the right, can you tell me the model of that pen? Is it green in color, or just the way my monitor sees it?

I have a pen remarkably like that one except that it is black.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Oh, and yep, that's a great collection.

EDIT: I found out what mine is. It's a Waterman Apostrophe, black and gold. Thanks anyway.

Bob

I wonder if Ian's is a Green Escapist Preface.

Waterman Liaison. Very uncommon model with conical nib, notorious for feed problems. However mine has been unusually consistent when fed iroshizuku kon peki. Matches the blue color well.

I wonder if Ian's is a Green Escapist Preface.

Absolutely correct Force. A lucky buy from Ebay....a poor quality phone picture and no description other that Waterman. It is a truly beautiful pen. I took a gamble and got lucky :)

These are a few of My current pens. A few more are in various stages of repair and or arriving. As you can tell, I tend towards the inexpensive side, and the 90's. My favorite overall is the (Expert Mark1) Medium nib, It just fits in all manners..

post-141146-0-50623800-1518628002.jpg

Edited by Actor-out-on-loan

Here a "Waterman's" . Just heritated from my father-in-law. For years not used ...

For the moment, I don't know what to do with it ...

watermans-setfountainandpencil.jpg

Here a "Waterman's" . Just heritated from my father-in-law. For years not used ...

Unless you need the money....keep them. You are lucky to be gifted something a lovely as these.

Check the nib stamp. It might be a 100 year pen

Alright, so I made a series of hasty decisons today (hopefully they will end up being good decisions) and pretty much blindly purchased two Waterman Pens on ebay today. They have been paid for, so they are mine, but I don't have them. I say blindly because I know pretty much nothing about vintage pens. I purchased them based on 3 factors:

1.The ebay sellers excellent 100% pos. rating with over 2500 sales.

2. I was tired of looking and wanted to buy something lol.

3. I just had kind of a feeling that I should buy these pens - they were both made in Canada and I thought I should bring them back home sort of.

They are my first Waterman Pens, and my first Vintage Fountain Pens of any sort ever. Without further adieu:

1. A Waterman- 'Skywriter' (loved the name - also contributed to me buying it.) 1930's Made in Canada, green marbled celluloid, lever filler. The 14k nib apparently writes Fine to Broad.
2. A Waterman Ideal No.32 Lever Filler, 1930's, Made in Canada. The 14k 'Waterman's Ideal England 2' Nib is described as having good flex and writes medium fine to double broad. The pen looks black, but could be a dark blue -it's hard to tell in the pictures, and I didn't ask - as I said, I made a few hasty decisions.
Seller says they have all been properly cleaned with new sacs etc..
I'll have to take my own pics and post'em up when I get'em -
Although I think I should stay away from ebay, it was pretty exciting to win the bids! Especially the Skywriter as I was almost outbid. With just a few seconds left I had to up my bid- Thank goodness for fast internet service lol.

Did your pens arrive? Are they everything you hoped they would be? Would love to see their photos, especially "Skywriter." Somehow it makes complete sense to have bought that one on the basis of its name alone.

~M

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain

I own about 20 Watermans from 1920 th until 1990 th .

And I love them, because they are fantastic writers, the old magnificant and the newer in that ligue also.

And a fantastique service ... (of the moderns).

Hansjürgen

Arrived yesterday, cleaned up nicely..

.attachicon.gif Preface.png

Wonderful photo (always fun to see the top of the cap!) What kind of Waterman is it? ... Oh, I see! It's a Preface,isn't it? Both you and Ian are lucky dogs!

Edited by madeline

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain