What Waterman Pens Do You Own?

RMN

Well why not start the year with admitting my addiction

I wish my collection was like that!

My only Waterman pen is an Expert II with a Medium nib, which I keep filled up with Lamy Blue Black ink, which is my current daily use pen.

Edited by NJEF

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inkyways

• txomsy

• GlenV

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had a number over the years, but none lasted enough the use hardships. Currently I only have a Waterman Graduare Orix Satiné that I could get very cheap on eBay and I'm trying to restore.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

Hm.. I haven't taken inventory in a bit. Let's see:

Hemisphere

11 Experts of various iterations

Preface

L'Etalon

two C/F

Four Carenes

two Charlestons

and a Flash

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Waterman Kultur knockabout pens in clear and purple.

Waterman Hemisphere, Blue Obsession.

Waterman Carene, Blue Obsession.

Waterman Expert Black and Gold is on its way. Amazon was running it for under $40 today.

All nibs are fine. I didn't think I wrote all that small, but it seems I've started doing so after using Japanese 6mm ruled paper for classwork so much. I knew my writing had become really small when I opened up a Clairefontaine notebook, and felt queasy at so much space between lines. It must be akin to what people with agoraphobia feel when someone tries to get them to go outside!

Phileas in "blue" marble (more purple to me) with a fine nib and I'm waiting on delivery of a blue/silver Exception with a medium nib.

Phileas in "blue" marble (more purple to me) with a fine nib and I'm waiting on delivery of a blue/silver Exception with a medium nib.

It might be a Danube,

Aside from my Waterman Expert, I got a beautiful Waterman Caréne as a Christmas gift this year. Absolutely magnificent piece, though it skips on the initial stroke sometimes. You can't deny its looks though, the black body and silver trim give this pen a 'professional' look unlike any other pen I own.

I'm not your 'friend', bud

Just one and it is a blue marble phileas and i happen to think it is one of my fave pens . Im wondering if anyone has an empty cartridge they could drop in the mail to me ? i just need one . it must be empty though thanks if you do please msg me thanks .

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet:

Just got my first: the Expert III. I have only had it one day, but it is writing exactly how most people described it: balanced and smooth as silk (fine nib). Very firm nib, which I have no problem with (I am not a flexer). I love the classic look and click cap.

Some day I may own a Carene, but today is not that day.

• 1 month later...

I've got a few!

-Waterman 12 eyedropper, Red & Black Mottled, Wet noodle New York nib. Being a HR eyedropper, I put more ambitious inks in it, leading to some gorgeous flex lettering.

-Waterman 3, "Steel Quartz" celluloid, full flex #2 nib (although not as much flex as New York nib found on the #12)

-Waterman 55 Red/Black woodgrain, extra fine, extra firm, and super duper smooth Account nib (Uncommon?) Beautiful pen.

-Waterman 7 Red Ripple, Uncommon Brown Nib/Band. Retipped By Greg minuskin after slight flex at pen show caused left tine to snap off (most painful experience in all my pen collecting!!! Gah!! I remember that sound perfectly) It now writes very smooth, flexing from M-BB with slight pressure. Would like it to be a bit more fine, but oh well. That's just me being a lefty. Flows wet and works wonders with shading inks, though I almost exclusively use Pelikan Black in it. :P

-Waterman Patrician, Nacre, MASSIVE full flex nib that grades between fine/extra fine unflexed. Just as smooth as the 55's nib, but with a ton of springiness and flex. This pen is a dream to write with, and is very comfortable. I could write with this pen all day! Not minty, as the pearly bits have discolored to a slight orange hue. But because of that, I'm not as afraid to use it as if it were mint. Otherwise, no braising except on end finial and the very tip of lever. "F.J. Knoble WASH D C" on barrel. I carry it to class on occasion.

Will post pics soon!

Current Pens

- 1932-34 Eversharp Doric - Pelikan M1000 F - Sailor 1911L MF - TWSBI VAC700R F - TWSBI VAC MINI F - TWSBI 580 1.1 - Lamy Safari Petrol M/1.9 - 1945 Parker Vacumatic - 1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic - 1950's Parker 51 Demi - 1942 Shaeffer Tuckaway - 2 50's Esterbrook J's - Jinhao 250 - 2 HERO pens -

Current Inks

- Diamine Jet Black - Parker Quink - Noodler's Heart of Darkness - Pelikan Edelstein Onyx - Montblanc Toffee Brown - Noodler's Air Corps Blue Black - Iroshizuku Kon-Peki - J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage - J. Herbin 1670 Emerald of Chivor - J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite - Diamine Red Dragon - Nooder's Antietam - Noodler's Habanero -

Still just one, the diminutive "Charlotte" (for which Force helped me find a converter last year... thank you, again, Force!)

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

--Mark Twain

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I bought Three Great Watermans and I am happy I got them for a reasonable amount.

One pen Seems to be a " Franken Waterman " but it is likely to be the very authentic pen listed by the details by the seller.

But my question is why due to the huge visible faded changes on the cap and why the pen barrel is only on near mint condition without fading at all.

Pen nib is a Stub left oblique well worn out too, it skips a lot so I hacked it to change with another waterman Ideal 14k old fine nib.

* Waterman's 52 Ideal BCHR dated around 1927, Hallmarked F.D.M. with two Goldbanded, barrel engraving with original imprints and bottom marked 52 Waterman Reg. Pat. Off USA

* A waterman BCHR Eye Dropper with gold Band engraving with a Semiflex 14 K nib.

* Waterman's 52 1/2 with Black chesed patterns Dated from 1920 with gold filled trim. Barrel with prints of Near to the end of the barrel is another imprint which reads 'Watermen. Reg US Pat Off. Made in USA'. The model number - 52 1/2 - can be found at the end of the barrel.

I'll show them soon next time with photos.

Edited by Cjayant

This is the pen I suspect is a Franken Pen.

It is installed with a new Old nib temporary. It writes Italic without Flex :)

post-140101-0-45554700-1552832127_thumb.jpg

This is the pen I suspect is a Franken Pen.

It is installed with a new Old nib temporary. It writes Italic without Flex :)

Ah. you have a Frank Waterman, not a Franken-Waterman.

At the time there was another Waterman operating who had no relation to the company founded by Lewis Edson Waterman.

If you have now added a LE Waterman nib to it, you have a Franken-Frank Waterman pen, so to speak.

Looks like a nice pen, though.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I don't know how to load pictures with my mobile. So I will list what I own.

- 3 Hémisphère I in funky coulours and 2 II in serious colours )black and steel), unluckily all of them are F

- 5 Perspective in 5 different colours, 4 of which are M (it is one of my favorite pens) and one F.

- one Carène F and one M (another favorite), both blue but one CT and one GT.

- a brown Concorde, small size

- 2 Le MaN 200 (F & M) and one Le Man 100 Opera (F),

- an old model (Commando??) that I had repaired with a converter installed.

- one Gentleman, F laquer.

- 2 Gentleman 21 (Concorde nibs) and 2 Gentlemam 44 (Super 6 nibs),

- 2 Man (also Super 6 nibs), slightly different models. One of them has the best nib of all my pen collection.

- one L'étalon that leaks, waiting for the repair shop.

- 2 C/F, both of them leaked and one of them is leaking again, due to cracks in the section. Wonderful writers, though.

All the Concorde nibs (the small one on the two in the Gentleman 21's) leaked as well, due to cracks.

- An Expert I M nib (another favorite) and an Expert II F nib.

- An Exception slim, blue with F nib.

I think that is all (except for the inks!!! :-p)

I hope to find a Liaison at a good price soon. A cheap big Exception would be too much to hope for.

I may also buy another Carène M if I find it cheap enough. I love that pen.

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite, this pen is so fun to write with now, it came with the wrong nib, and it stretched the section, but now with an ideal 4 even though pst12 should have a 2, Im enjoying it

post-146565-0-21410500-1553636087_thumb.jpeg

Regards, Glen