• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inkyways

• txomsy

• GlenV

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few gems and some user grades.  The ripple has a Blue, the other "7" is a Red, Hundred year OS on bottom, and carry pens include an OS Emblem, Hundred year frankenpen, and the capped pens are a 54, a W5, and if any specific questions are had I'd be happy to share more!  A couple are scratchy but none have firm nibs.

Most of em.jpeg

Hi fellow fountain-pen lovers,

here is my complete collection (One Mont blanc masterpiece among many Man 100), now in a nice wooden box.

actual collection in Box.JPG

In addition to an Emblème F (see above), I now have a Waterman Phileas.  This was gifted to me about 10 days ago, but I have swapped out the M nib unit for an EF.  This is proving to be amazingly smooth, if not especially fine, but it will at least allow me to use the pen regularly.  Photo of the pen as received (effectively NOS) included below.

7E08AA68-2693-4A66-900B-71C8B0684D40.thumb.jpeg.1a333b490340f127d9261426cce0e636.jpeg

This gem is now mine.  It's imprinted as a 52 1/2 but the overlay is hallmarked and I'm not sure why the 5 was not stamped but this is a 552 1/2 according to the conventional model coding.  Only a very subtle cap dent and a bit of polishing from factory fresh.  This was my first dip test and the spread was quite the surprise!  Nearly 3mm on the widest pressure test stroke makes this my flexiest 2 as well.

552.5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a C/F , an exception night and day, a laureate, an Audace, 3 carenes, a L' etalon, a Charlston, an Expert, A preface, and a Harmoney :)

I had some more, like a preface, a some Hemispheres and so on, but not anymore 

My first Waterman were a Lauréat, which ruined the experience for me for years along with two Parker Sonnets as they never started; much later I realized it was dumping all its ink onto the cap, for which I could never find a cure; and a Man 100 which I didn't appreciate at the time.

As I retook fountain pens Waterman was not a brand I looked for, until I took a gamble on a Carène, then two, then a Strong, which led me to a 33: stunning, very nice if fragile, again stunning. I also got a W5 which is a lovely pen, and tried a Concorde which snapped in two at the barrel threads. So for me its a brand capable of historically flighing very high and falling very low.

spacer.png

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

13 hours ago, Ed_In_Ann_Arbor said:

Does a black Phileas, medium nib count as a real Waterman?

Sorry, but no. Only the black Phileas, with fine, italic, stub, or broad nibs count.

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's a beauty!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

On 2/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, 3manypens said:

This gem is now mine.  It's imprinted as a 52 1/2 but the overlay is hallmarked and I'm not sure why the 5 was not stamped but this is a 552 1/2 according to the conventional model coding.  Only a very subtle cap dent and a bit of polishing from factory fresh.  This was my first dip test and the spread was quite the surprise!  Nearly 3mm on the widest pressure test stroke makes this my flexiest 2 as well.

552.5.jpeg

That is a beauty! good size to use and beautiful with the often GOAT nib the number 2...

Your above collection of watermans is amazing, you could make a end for the lost one on the commando, it's not that difficult if you have some tools. I love the silver overlay and I'm sure you could get a clip for that.  I am a sucker for old watermans and aikin lamberts although I don't have a big collection of them

Regards, Glen

• 4 weeks later...

Holly cow, that's some collection; don't see the blue fontainebleau FP though 😉.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

yea, it took me several years to get so far...

This is a good  collection of waterman.

I have a small collection of Antique and vintage pens and I have two pen pens of " Waterman Phileas"pens that belongs to this type of pen era!!!  😀