What Waterman Pens Do You Own?

RMN

Just the one. Waterman Phileas, the black one.

Me too. Used to have a red marbled Phileas too, though.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inkyways

• txomsy

• GlenV

• Addertooth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can I tell if mine is a Dauntless or a Stalwart?

You might copy this to a topic on the forum for others to chip in.

• 1 month later...

I got my first Vintage Watreman's

Waterman's Ideal Junior With Italic nib.

Waterman's Champion 501 Stub nib.

Waterman's Ideal 501

They are great pens in cursive writing . I am amazed by the 14k vintage nibs. I wish I had experienced these pens before I bought some of my modern pens in to my pen lot. I don't think I never ever want to get any new pens. The other pens I bought is Swan Maibie Todds "The Pen" hard rubber pens and they all need repair and replace sealing and wahers and good services. But at the time I am using them as Dip pens :lol:.

Edited by Cjayant

Well, I got a Blue Carene in the mail today. Got it at an excellent price ($80) and like its looks waaaaaaay more than I thought I would, but will only know if I'm keeping it, once I ink it and see if I like the experience.

Aside from that, the Waterman "stable" is currently comprised of a Burgundy Preface that I will NEVER get rid of, a Black Le Man 200 whose nib I'm itching to grind into something broader than a fine, a Black Gentleman's that's on probation because I find it a bit heavy for my taste, and a Blue Marbled Phileas that I'll grind into something more interesting than the stock Medium, and sell it because I'm not that into it.

alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

Got a few as I move on from the 60,s stuff hanging around since college. Like the Philo and have several along with this and that BUT went to an Estate sale and came home with two older units at about $10 each (bought a pile so exact costs hard to figure) . Wsa thrilled to find XL #7 Red and 94 but the later needs nib work. I like the Phils fo everday scribbles.

One more Waterman

Grey marbled, Waterman 512. Surprisingly it was a very small pen with a 14k Nib broad italic and it was a very bad nib too smooth and very wet. Non-Flex.

So I had to work hours to get a medium to fine writing. Funnily it writes up-side-down as ex-Fine I never do. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i was a crazed fountain pen fanatic in junior high (yeah - that's redundant, but redundant for emphasis). I don't know exactly what about them appealed to me so much, but finally, years and years later, I've allowed myself to succumb again. And fortunately (or unfortunately) I make more now than I did in Junior High.

But anyway, the pen that I so coveted back then was one owned by my friend's father, who introduced me to a variety of pens, including a parker 51, and some others. But it was his Waterman that I just loved. there was just something about it....

I only finally stumbled on what it was a couple of nights ago - it was the c/f. Unmistakeable - that was it. I ordered one immediately. One of these NOS deals from ebay, and they seem to sell for quite reasonable prices. pen boutique sells the converters for under $10, so I'll be set.

But hell, I also have coming (years and years of pent up obsession leading to irrational spending) - a carene blue obsession, an Elegance, and an Edson.

thus far I have received the carene and the elegance, a quite gorgeous black gold trim model. Both are very, very much to my liking - the Elegance may be my favorite pen (thus far). I love its weight, it writes so smoothly, and just feels great in my hand.

want more....

A c/f converter for less than 10 dollar? WOW.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Here a "Waterman's" . Just heritated from my father-in-law. For years not used ...

For the moment, I don't know what to do with it ...

watermans-setfountainandpencil.jpg

... ... it's quite simple, 3 possiblities: When it writes, write with it! - If it doesn't write, restore! Or completely without any efforts for you: Send it to me... I would be glad to "help" you in this way.

Hansjürgen

Edited by penjog

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to fill in this at a later time and day.

I must have about 35 assorted Waterman pens, a lot of Gentleman's - FPs, RB and MPs and in multiple colors.

I also have several Experts, a couple of which are two of my favorite writers. Plus Expert RBs and MPs.

I have "spares" in a number of all these. Some of these were bought to have available to cannibalize.

Also some Hemispheres in FP and RB.

DAMNED EBAY !

ben

I got my first Waterman about a month ago.

It is a Waterman Hemisphere Fountain Pen - Comet Red Lacquer, Chrome Trim, Medium, NOS.

I got it from Peyton Street Pens.

Edited by howdydave

David A. Naess

Realization of the vastness of one's own ignorance

is the first step on the road to true wisdom.

-- Adi Shankara

• 3 weeks later...

My first waterman was a Hemisphere. I loved the way it wrote, but it was uncomfortably thin for me, so I gave it to my wife. She seems to like it a lot. So, I bumped it up a notch and bought a Watermen Expert, with a fine nib. I got to say, it's a great writer, the weight and size are just right.

Edited by 49erfantom

• 2 weeks later...

52 1/2v: beautiful semiflex (my favourite note-jotter)

44 safety: have cleaned internal mechanism and replaced cork, and it feels beautiful in the hand, but the nib is frazzled (bought it cheap). Am on the hunt for a replacement (no 4 ideal Canada with flex), if anyone happens to have one knocking about!! 😊

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well why not start the year with admitting my addiction

@Ian1964, I'm so grateful you posted the photo! I inherited quite a few pens. One of them a Waterman. I'm guessing it's not a huge collectors find but I love the feel of it .I can't id the model just that it's Waterman Paris with a two tone Medium nib. I want a fine or extra fine for it but first have to figure the model.

I do believe its the one in your photo, 4th from the left, same green marble with the gold emblem. Can you tell me the name of that pen?

I'm grateful in advance

Edited by EmsPens

Need to find a fine or extra fine nib for this wonderful pen I received in a bequest.

Can anyone help me out with the model of the Waterman or point me to a place for nibs?

Thank you!
20181105_Nib.jpg20181105Pen.jpg

It is a Phileas in Amazon Green. They have been out of production for many years. You will have to troll one or two known auction sites to find those correct two tone nibs and you may have to buy a complete pen. It may be easier to obtain a Kultur nib which is identical but all gold plated. Be careful though, these nibs are steel and do corrode over time. There is another option which is to find a l'Etalon nib which would be 18k gold but that would be very much more expensive.

Just one. A black Waterman Exclusive (with an 18K nib!) I found recently in an antiques store for ten bucks. Got a converter for it at the Ohio Pen Show this past weekend (which cost more than the pen did) and am now letting the pen drain after flushing it out last night -- it still had the (dead) cartridge installed when I bought the pen a few weeks ago).

I'll have to see how much I like the pen, since the brass body makes it relatively heavy for its somewhat skinny girth....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."