Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2018 + 2019 + 2020

RMN

This just came in the post:

fpn_1542196833__delike_alpha_with_maple_

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Houston

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I think this one is more impressive...

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/New%20Stuff/7221928C-1E92-4316-BAA1-96D8E0993721.jpg

wow.. what a hand

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Geha Goldschwinge 725

This is the first acceptable pen of four bought on fleabay. Bo Bo Olson will be proud.

http://www.ruettinger-web.de/geha-goldschwinge-1.html

30986550607_699e5e05b0.jpg

45875923732_cb90ac7117.jpg

32054282898_f299c4779c.jpg

45925237391_68dbc7d186.jpg

Edited by _InkyFingers

Very much enjoying my Jinhao x459. It just has a good weight to it, and writes fairly nicely.

post-146340-0-34151100-1542726717_thumb.jpg

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)

Very much enjoying my Jinhao x459. It just has a good weight to it, and writes fairly nicely.

Good to hear! I have six (including the matt black one) on order and on the way to me, and then two more 'frankenpens' that are X459 bodies fitted with Zebra G nibs. Just a bunch of $4 pens with which to ink different colours for ready access to a variety for testing and doodling, but if they actually write well, then so much the better.

You've got lovely handwriting, by the way. Thanks for showing us!

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Sorting through the junk in one of the many yellowed, old shoeboxes my late father hoarded, I came across this pen:fpn_1543044569__geha_722_vintage_souvenicomplete with crusty ink clots that have most likely been in the pen for over forty years. I have never heard of Geha until now, and have no idea which particular model of pen this is; it looks like a the body of a Geha 722 fitted with a steel nib instead of the standard 14K gold nib for that model. Even though I have no love for (i) piston-fillers, (ii) vintage pens, and (iii) promotional 'souvenir' pens with tacky inscriptions from companies I've never heard of, being a German pen instead of say a Chinese pen, I decided to have a good go at cleaning it out with many repeated flushings and long baths in a temperature-controlled ultrasonic cleaning tank.

It actually lays down a mighty fine line for a German nib, so in the absence of any nib grade markings, I'm guessing this would be an Extra Fine nib. Looking at the writing through a loupe, with flexing the line width goes from about 0.18mm out to about 0.48mm, but due to the change in 'wetness' and colour intensity, to the naked eye it looks more in the range of 3× to 4×.

The pen is very prone to hard starts, especially when leading with a horizontal stroke, if the cap is left uncapped in one's hand for so much as eight or ten seconds. It takes about an equal amount of effort to restart writing after that as it does after leaving the pen uncapped for ten minutes.

Edited by A Smug Dill

Put a Jowo in that and you'll turn that "fairly nicely" into a $100+ writing experience.

fpn_1543044569__geha_722_vintage_souveni

Ooo, something really "no nonesense & ake to work" about this one. Well done for putting the effort in. I hope the hard starts are ink and not pen related.

My pen of the day and ink of the day: TWSBI Eco with Monteverde Amethyst. Not really a color I would have tried on my own, but I like it. :) (I got it as a random sample from Goulet Pen Co.)

post-146340-0-91003400-1543152953_thumb.jpg

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)

Pen of the day: Jinhao x450. Ink of the day: Diamine Burgundy Royale. I'm looking forward to getting a JoWo nib for my Jinhao soon. :)

post-146340-0-69973300-1543234397_thumb.jpg

-Taylor

Hi.

Now I'm using this unknown cheap fontain pen, made in Germany. Paid 5 € on eBay including shipment.

Ink: Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue on cartridge.

It writes smooth.

post-146506-0-79434300-1543238360_thumb.jpg

post-146506-0-52324400-1543238910_thumb.jpg

I ran out of Diamine Burgundy Royale, so before doing my journaling today, I wound up just refilling my Jinhao with what I had left of my Ama-iro.

post-146340-0-10294800-1543328834_thumb.jpg

-Taylor

Breaking in a pen I got a week ago and have barely used...LAMY Al-Star, Graphite, F nib. Using Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai in it.

post-146340-0-26704600-1543411224_thumb.jpg

-Taylor

Breaking in a pen I got a week ago and have barely used...LAMY Al-Star, Graphite, F nib. Using Pilot Iroshizuku Ajisai in it.

potd_11-28-18.jpg

-Taylor

Worn out mine over the past few years. Cap doesn't close secure anymore.

Si after ruining one shirt, this pen stay home on my desk.

Enjoy yours!

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

It's a School Pen Day!

Pelikano P460 & Diplomat (don't know the model) -- both inexpensive German-made student pens. They are very good writers, are well made, and have fun colors. Both pens have medium steel nibs and are cartridge fillers.

post-26009-0-53740000-1543446659_thumb.jpg

post-26009-0-07851400-1543446676_thumb.jpg