Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2018 + 2019 + 2020

RMN

Hmm, I seem to remember reading about nibmeisters who can work on inlaid nibs on the forums here, but I wouldn't be able to give you an actual name. I still have the gold nib, I figured I might try to get it fixed some day, I just haven't gotten around to it (it was damaged something like 20 years ago and I've only been getting back into fountain pens for around a year now).

P.S. I love how you used @ notation when writing with pen and paper to post on an electronic forum!

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Houston

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought this from a seller at The London Pen show in 2016 ( I think I paid £25 for it ). I married the pen to KWZ IG BB # 1 that very same day and the two have never been apart.

Due to the humungous cap, it isn't a note taking pen, it's much more of a "session" pen and an utter delight to use. Balance, weight and feel are all lovely.

I'm now aware the nib is not an original Taccia (silly me :() but the "Iridium point Germany" substitute the seller replaced it with is incredibly smooth and has never failed to start first time no matter how long it's sat on the destop to my left :wub:

A little like Bagpuss, it may not be your conventional pen but I love it dearly.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_taccia_covenant_midnight_breeze.jpeg

That's a very peculiar-looking pen Tas, great find!

Also, I heard this London Pen Show is a big deal, is it the first of its kind? If yes, congratulations!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

That's a very peculiar-looking pen Tas, great find!

Also, I heard this London Pen Show is a big deal, is it the first of its kind? If yes, congratulations!

Oh the pen is gorgeous, I've been happily scribbling with it today.

The show has been going for quite a few years. Others here are much mor qualified than I to comment. I've attended three times. I love it and it is quite large. I've only ever been to one other, in Cambridge, and that was teensy in comparison.

Why don't you pop over ? Loads do.

The US shows appear to be more of a "big deal" to me. New inks and pens seem to be revealed and released.

The grass is greener and all that, perhaps :)

post-123774-0-16661400-1537737948_thumb.jpeg

Pilot Custom 74 with music nib, KWZI Monarch ink.

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

I finally got around to lining up my collection for a pic.

Just got the Metropolitan and guru last week

post-141168-0-58039600-1537749060_thumb.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jinhao 159 M nib

Montblanc144 M nib

Noodlers Ahab Flex nib

Art Alternatives Sketch F nib

Sheaffer 797 F nib

Pilot Metropolitan F nib

FPR Guru Flex nib

Parker Vector M nib

Sheaffer Calligraphy F nib

Sheaffer Calligraphy M nib

I finally got around to lining up my collection for a pic.

Just got the Metropolitan and guru last week

attachicon.gif 20180923_125149.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jinhao 159 M nib

Montblanc144 M nib

Noodlers Ahab Flex nib

Art Alternatives Sketch F nib

Sheaffer 797 F nib

Pilot Metropolitan F nib

FPR Guru Flex nib

Parker Vector M nib

Sheaffer Calligraphy M nib

What a lovely line up. Thank you. Quite a few are in my "arsenal" of pens. I adored that Sketch pen. Something about it :wub:

JayKay3000, stunning beauties!! I'm weak for that kind of pens.

Today I show you a Generic piston filler from China + Diamine Midnight.

fpn_1538237606__18-08_generic_piston_fil

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Handsome, consistent script and great looking ink, RoyalBlue. This is an ASA Halwa in Conway-Stewart pistachio acrylic, with a Franklin-Christoph music nib and Sailor tokiwa matsu ink.

post-123774-0-81798000-1538339436_thumb.jpeg

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Someone likes shiny red. :thumbup:

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

fpn_1538446186__sailor_proske_with_zoom_

fpn_1538447303__sailor_proske_with_zoom_

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

fpn_1538853015__miyako-fpn-show-yr-pens-

This arrived yesterday, a sweet little Moonman Mini. With Kaweco Summer Purple. A surprisingly comfortable pen to hold and write with. I like!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.