Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using *show* Us!, 2018 + 2019 + 2020

RMN

Which are these pens? They seem really pretty and comfortable to use. Any chance you could post pictures of their nibs.

I don't think they have official model designations. For the four immediately below the Lamy Safari, do a web search for "Delike Handmade Nature Wood Barrel". For the final two, do a web search for "Delike Submarine celluloid" (although I don't think the barrels are made of actual cellulose nitrate). If you still need me to take photos of the actual nibs on my pens after that to show you, let me know. They're just regular Delike steel EF (0.38mm) nibs, like on the Delike Alpha and the Delike New Moon 3.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Houston

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last pen to complete my 24 slot pen case. Really happy with the EF nib and that piano white color. By far one of my favorite pens, love the capless design.T5IL4dY.jpg

I make pens and I use pens that I've made. I just finished this pen and it goes to work on Monday.

This was made on a Wood River "Navigator" kit. The metal bits are Black Titanium plate. The barrels are made with Bog Oak from Iowa.

Most Bog Oak available to wood turners comes from Europe and is usually black-ish. I know a guy in Iowa who got a line on this ancient oak found in an excavation (construction?) about 20 feet down in what is believed to be a old riverbed. Around 4500 years old. He got a bunch of it. I comes in colors from tan-ish, to blue, to black. Neat stuff.

While this a "kit pen", the parts are good quality. It fits the hand well, and while it doesn't have a top-shelf nib, it writes pretty good, too.

post-148201-0-58704100-1550351322_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

Today i am using a Montegrappa Ferrari Limited Edition, the ink is Montblanc Midnight Blue.

Montegrappa-Ferrari.jpg

Best regards,

Northstar

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

Taking shelter from the rain, under a coffee shop canopy on a City of London street corner and making some notes before a meeting with my newly acquired Comet Grey Prototype Namisu Nova with its stunningly good Bock EF nib.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_comet_grey_prototype_namisu_nova_ef.jpeg
I've now nicknamed the corner "Smoke & Moan" corner. Loads of different people kept ducking in under the canopy cover, lighting up a cigarette and then having a moan about this that and the other.

Me. I was having a thankful moment. I'd just seen a man in his late fifties come into the cafe and gratefully receive a free plate of whatever was about to be thrown out. There but for the grace of God :(.

Hello everyone,

Though i own this Sheaffer Targa 1006 Sterling Silver for years which i bought new (NOS), it was yesterday that i decided to fill it for the first time, and my ink choice was the Parker Penman Sapphire:

Sheaffer-Targa-1006-PPS.jpg

Edited by northstar

My new Pelikan M200 Smoky Quartz with steel F nib, that I wasn't expecting to like, both in terms of form factor and nib performance.

fpn_1550845082__pelikan_m200sq_writing_s

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I don't think they have official model designations. For the four immediately below the Lamy Safari, do a web search for "Delike Handmade Nature Wood Barrel". For the final two, do a web search for "Delike Submarine celluloid" (although I don't think the barrels are made of actual cellulose nitrate). If you still need me to take photos of the actual nibs on my pens after that to show you, let me know. They're just regular Delike steel EF (0.38mm) nibs, like on the Delike Alpha and the Delike New Moon 3.

Hi, I just don't know if this message was for me? Sorry. gtcarving, phil

Hi, I just don't know if this message was for me? Sorry. gtcarving, phil

No, it was my reply to shanbo's request, as indicated in the 'by-line' at the top of the quoted text in my earlier post.

Visconti Van Gogh Starry Night inked with Iroshizuku Asa-Gao.

fK47KCM.jpg

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

Hello everyone,

Today is a Parker 51 with Parker Black ink:

P51-PBlack2.jpg

P51-PBlack1.jpg

Leonardo Momento Zero Hawaii again today, after I sorta fixed the problems with its steel EF nib on the weekend:

fpn_1551056437__new_writing_sample_with_

Hello everyone,

Today is a Parker 51 with Parker Black ink:

P51-PBlack1.jpg

Hi, Northstar: Does that 51 have a nib that's special in any way? You're getting some wonderful line variation out of it. It's so rare to find a 51 with anything other than an F or M, that I'm curious!

Hi, Northstar: Does that 51 have a nib that's special in any way? You're getting some wonderful line variation out of it. It's so rare to find a 51 with anything other than an F or M, that I'm curious!

What's confusing to me is that the line thickness does not seem to be consistent in a specific orientation?

Edited by SoulSamurai

What's confusing to me is that the line thickness does not seem to be consistent in a specific orientation?

Maybe it's an architect grind?

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Hello Houston,

its just a M nib, i outlined the writing then filled it.

Best regards.

Hello everyone,

DS1d.jpg

Pen: Sheaffer 300

Ink: Vintage Sheaffer Skrip Black

Paper: TR White

Hello Houston,

its just a M nib, i outlined the writing then filled it.

Best regards.

Aha! Artistic skill, rather than nib-grinding. Thank you for solving the mystery.

Hello everyone,

Today i am using a Montegrappa Ferrari Limited Edition, the ink is Montblanc Midnight Blue.

Montegrappa-Ferrari.jpg

Best regards,

Northstar

I don't care for the Ferrari branding, but this is one of the most beautiful pens I've ever seen! Northstar, where/when did you get it and how does it write? Thank you for sharing.

Currently inked:

- Pilot Custom 743 <M> with Pilot Black

- Pelikan M120 Iconic Blue <B> with Pilot Blue

- Lamy Studio All Black <M> with Pilot Blue-Black

YouTube fountain pen reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2qU4nlAfdZpQrSakktBMGg/videos