• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

I am thinking to get the whole set... but I bought so much lately...

I can most certainly relate to that. My fiancée sometimes looks daggers at me for not spending the money towards our wedding expenses instead!

I was eyeing that model of Pilot pen you have about five years ago, but then I decided the FK-5MP-S model was more my kind of pen... and then I ended up with two out of three Platinum Vanishing Point raden designs instead. (The third one – FCN-5MP-R – which I don't like and didn't buy, seems to be what fetches the most money these days. Go figure. We have two of FCN-5MP-R between us instead, because she relieved me of my first purchase as soon as she saw it.)

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

OOOooo these look really nice too.... I started out with italians, but lately, I feel the pull and attraction towards Japanese stuff. My Black luster just arrived, and it is writing beautifully... my 3776 rhodium (Chartes Blue) is arriving today which I got on quite a good sale.

Somehow Silver speaks to me at the moment... honestly, I am not sure how all these lacquer will be like in 20-30 years time, but I am sure the silver ones will still be very nice...

This arrived in the mail today.....

It looked so much better than the photos the seller had!

Beautiful!

Unfortunately these are only available with fine and medium nibs. They also weigh 37 grams which is too hefty for me.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

Then Truthpil:

you will like my pen of the day, right off my mailbox!

Platinum 3776 Century Chartes Blue Rhodium SF Nib.

It is light (about 20g), though I prefer the feel of some heft in my hands...

The nib is ridiculously fine, with some line variations, as I got myself a SF. the lines are really close to my Vanishing point EF.

I think I need to go with a more lubricated ink. Asa-Gao doesn't seem to flow that well...

post-146548-0-96764500-1545118375_thumb.jpg

post-146548-0-98423100-1545118383_thumb.jpg

Then Truthpil:

The nib is ridiculously fine, with some line variations, as I got myself a SF. the lines are really close to my Vanishing point EF.

I think I need to go with a more lubricated ink. Asa-Gao doesn't seem to flow that well...

I've got two 3776 Centuries and really enjoy them, especially the Broad nib....someday I'll get one with that crazy huge Coarse nib.

Then Truthpil:

I have this pen and nib. It is ridiculously fine, and dry. I’m still looking for the right ink. Kon Peki wasn’t great in it. As a lark, I filled it with Pelikan Aventurine. Not bad. I’m also becoming more accustomed to it. Not bad, considering I prefer medium and wider, especially cursive italics.

I have this pen and nib. It is ridiculously fine, and dry. I’m still looking for the right ink. Kon Peki wasn’t great in it. As a lark, I filled it with Pelikan Aventurine. Not bad. I’m also becoming more accustomed to it. Not bad, considering I prefer medium and wider, especially cursive italics.

Same here, at the time I bought the 3776 with SF nib it was perfect for what I needed it for (writing Chinese characters). For me it's too dry and scratchy for Western alphabets unless I write with the lightest of pressure on smooth paper. Since pens tend to be designed for the inks made by the same manufacturer, I opted to use Platinum Blue-Black (a permanent iron gall ink) and the pen writes much better with it. Feedback is less and flow is just right. You might want to try a sample of Platinum Blue-Black, it's one of my favorite inks for formal writing situations.

Biancitwo, I think you are right about it being very dry...

I think I might try either or Sailor Kiwaguro on it next... Just realise I don't have a nice lubricated Blue Ink...

Oh poor me... have to go shopping for ink now...

Visconti Silver Shadow Rembrandt

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

Will be happy to share. Hoping I won’t be disappointed!

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

The Retro 51 Space Race rollerball pens Mercury and Gemini. I ordered the Apollo one first, and it arrived today. I had to order them from a British website as I waited too long to decide to buy.

I didn’t get the Retro 51 Lift-Off rollerball when it came out because I was only buying fountain pens. The Apollo is close enough, maybe better. Retro 51 is starting to be well represented in my pen holdings.

Posted Image

Just placed my order for a Pilot 912 in soft medium. Haven't had a classic black and silver trim pen in my collection in a long time and this nib interested me, so it was a no brainer. Credit card points paid for the purchase, Merry Christmas to me indeed!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

I should have a Gama Eyas on it's way and I am quite curious about it.

I like Indian ebonite pens, although my positive experience is mostly with Rangas, and a fantastic Deccan, while my Asa Genius has been a let down, the pen itself is lovely, but it tends to write very dry and ink dries out in it overnight...

...while my Asa Genius has been a let down, the pen itself is lovely, but it tends to write very dry and ink dries out in it overnight...

Although I don't have this problem with my Asa Genius, I do experience drying out with my new Asa Mist. It's a shame because I really like the new section.