What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

So now Im waiting quite some pens:

A Gama demonstrator, a Ranga 4CS, two XS Pocket Pens from the latest ENSSO kickstarter and one Sailor 1911 via @virtualpenshow.

Waiting and waiting.

And that was me thinking that I stopped compulsively buying pens: ..oO ( I’m waiting 2 pens, wait, 3, wait, 4, wait, 5 !! )

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

No longer waiting for, but just received in the post today a plain black Pilot Metropolitan pen with a CM nib.

Still waiting for my specially engraved Pilot Custom Maple pen with a F nib, and the Sailor Koshu-inden Sayagata pen with a MF nib (no choice of nib for that model).

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Yes.... someone advises me to buy them....! ;) ;)

Maybe I should start advising you... I find a ton of good pens on eBay as a result of having to snoop for the good deals, digging deep I always find good stuff that is aatronomically out of its price range. I'm allowed to tell you by PM, right?

Visconti Opera Silver Dust

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

Just ordered three Kawecos from Fontoplumo.com. Sport Classic in Navy (a new release out in November), Sport Classic in White, and Sport Sunrise. All medium nibs. The White one is for my wife.

post-115418-0-32777100-1540569730_thumb.jpg

post-115418-0-10326700-1540569739_thumb.jpg

post-115418-0-73378800-1540569748_thumb.jpg

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Love the yellow version of Kaweco Sport, and it was about time that they released a navy color version, very classy. The white model looks very elegant, too.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Just ordered a Pilot MR with 'Violet Leopard' barrel with a F nib today, because I now have two plain black ones with different nibs (F and CM, respectively), and I prefer to be able to visually distinguish which pen has which nib from the outside while capped, all without using stickers or taking one of the pens to an engraver.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

D'oh! I just received my Pilot Custom Maple/Kaede, and the engraving looks rather different than I'd imagined. (The seller neither specified, nor invited/allowed me to specify, the font of the engraving and I foolishly assumed it would be similar to what I got from another seller on Rakuten who also did not specify.)

It's not badly done by any measure, but the result is rather subtle, and it's like trying desperately to spot sheen on writing done with an UEF nib as if that was what 'makes' the ink. :glare:

fpn_1540969624__engraving_on_my_pilot_cu

Pineider Grande Bellezza Rodolite Red

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

Picked up some Jinhao 51a's of a few types,

...along with a couple Jinhao 599's to put some #5 nibs in.

Nemosine Singularity's I got from Goulet Pens... Those sold out quick.

I cheated a preordered a Parker Jotter XL Ballpoint to put some new Jetstream Prime Parker G2 refills in.

Just got notice that my Pelikan M600 Orange has shipped from La Couronne du Comte. Should be here in about a week, in time for the Fort Worth Pen Club meeting.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.