What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

Platinum Kumpoo and Iroshizuku Yama Guri from Goulet Pens.

Ordered it on Friday and still not shipped.

Also, somewhat disappointed with Goulet's customer service as I wnated to add one item to my order and they just simply refused!

Probably my last time ordering from them :(

I had this happen to me, but the "problem" is that when you order from Goulet they are so speedy on getting your order together and shipped that if you need to add something the package with your order is already out the door and can't be added to.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

I had this happen to me, but the "problem" is that when you order from Goulet they are so speedy on getting your order together and shipped that if you need to add something the package with your order is already out the door and can't be added to.

If that was the case, I would be ok but the order was shipped 3 days after and I don't think they would pack it so soon especially considering I ordered only 2 items.

Franklin Christoph ship within hours of ordering and gives free express shipping above $100 and it takes max 2 days to reach me. And they are a much smaller setup. Something for Goulet to learn from.

My M600 is due tomorrow.

First Pelikan for me.

You will love it. I have one with a broad nib, and one with a medium. Both were italicized by Pendleton Brown. They are a perfect size and write wonderfully. I love most of my pens, but if limited to one, an M600 would be it.

...Franklin Christoph ship within hours of ordering and gives free express shipping above $100 and it takes max 2 days to reach me. And they are a much smaller setup. Something for Goulet to learn from.

Goulet works at their customer service, but they aren't always the best. Others can be as good or better. And cheaper. My last set of samples from Goulet was the least amount per vial that I have ever received from anyone. <Shrug>

I’m still waiting on the Pelikan Cafe Creme, which did not show up today. I expect I’ll go to the Post Office tomorrow and ask about it. Sigh. It’s frustrating.

Posted Image

If that was the case, I would be ok but the order was shipped 3 days after and I don't think they would pack it so soon especially considering I ordered only 2 items.

Franklin Christoph ship within hours of ordering and gives free express shipping above $100 and it takes max 2 days to reach me. And they are a much smaller setup. Something for Goulet to learn from.

That’s a shame. Entirely different product, but Lands End lets you add to the order until midnight. It’s smart because it puts the idea into your head you can order more if you want to.

As good as Goulet is, I’ve found myself shopping elsewhere more.

Posted Image

Platinum Kumpoo and Iroshizuku Yama Guri from Goulet Pens.

Ordered it on Friday and still not shipped.

Also, somewhat disappointed with Goulet's customer service as I wnated to add one item to my order and they just simply refused!

Probably my last time ordering from them :(

I had a similar experience with another online pen seller. I've been a good customer of theirs for many years, and they are not a large operation. I ordered a rather expensive Japanese pen, and a couple of hours later realized that I needed a box of Sheaffer cartridges for my school pen. When I called to ask if they could add it to the order, I got a very frosty, "Well, I suppose we can do it just this once." It was not the attitude to take with a long-time good customer.

If I didn't want to bother with the item, I would apologize profusely to the customer and tell him that the package had already been sealed and was on its way to the post office. A better solution would be to throw in the cartridges as a freebie along with the $1500 pen and tell the customer how thankful they were for his continued business.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I went to the Post Office today, and got my package. Started by giving the address, then when the box came out, a show of ID.

Hurray! I have my Cafe Creme Pelikan. It’s so pretty, and as people on the Pelikan Cafe Creme thread said, it’s a better looking pen than photos show. But that can true of lots of pens, though the reverse can be true also.

Posted Image

I had a similar experience with another online pen seller. I've been a good customer of theirs for many years, and they are not a large operation. I ordered a rather expensive Japanese pen, and a couple of hours later realized that I needed a box of Sheaffer cartridges for my school pen. When I called to ask if they could add it to the order, I got a very frosty, "Well, I suppose we can do it just this once." It was not the attitude to take with a long-time good customer.

If I didn't want to bother with the item, I would apologize profusely to the customer and tell him that the package had already been sealed and was on its way to the post office. A better solution would be to throw in the cartridges as a freebie along with the $1500 pen and tell the customer how thankful they were for his continued business.

I would have considered cancelling the big pen order. For a single pen purchase of that kind of money they should kiss your a**, or you take that $$$ and your sense of dignity elsewhere. Instead they make you feel that they are doing you a favor....

I would have considered cancelling the big pen order. For a single pen purchase of that kind of money they should kiss your a**, or you take that $$$ and your sense of dignity elsewhere. Instead they make you feel that they are doing you a favor....

Problem is, there is no other source in this country for this brand of pen, and this was a hard-to-find model I'd been looking for for a long time. I lost my sense of dignity a long time ago in medical school.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Waiting for a MB 146 Martele. It is going back to the mothership for a nib swap to OB... might take awhile, but worth the wait, I think it is a gorgeous pen!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Problem is, there is no other source in this country for this brand of pen, and this was a hard-to-find model I'd been looking for for a long time. I lost my sense of dignity a long time ago in medical school.

Ahhh...over the barrel, so to speak.

I just hit "confirm" (or whatever one hits) on an order with Goulet Pens for an orange Diplomat Aero in fine, a set of Colorverse Hayabusa & Hayabusa Glistening Special Edition inks, a couple of ink samples and a set of ink syringes. I have been lusting for this pen since long before Goulet began carrying them. And for whatever reason, I have always imagined inking this orange pen with purple ink - hence the Hayabusa. It will be my first purple ink and is just the right color. I work in an office, but my writing (on Rhodia pads I supply myself) is never really viewed by anyone else - so I can roll with whatever colors I want.

I can't wait to snap this orange baby open and closed. Don't you just love a good snap-cap?

Best,

Rindy_Ruth

I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies. - loved this, and stole it!

I’m patiently waiting for some bespoke pens from Scriptorium, Edison, and Woodshed. Definitely need to sell off some pens soon..

Impatiently waiting for a Bexley Imperial, Diplomat Aero, a FPR Darjeeling and a Pelikan M200. I ordered these pens at different times over the last month or so, and per the tracking, they will all show up tomorrow or Thursday! Wish I'd planned it that way!

dhon27 - How are you liking your Diplomat Aero? I just ordered one for myself. I have heard great things about its steel nib and am looking forward to a smooth ride with mine. Do tell!

Rindy_Ruth

I just hit "confirm" (or whatever one hits) on an order with Goulet Pens for an orange Diplomat Aero in fine, a set of Colorverse Hayabusa & Hayabusa Glistening Special Edition inks, a couple of ink samples and a set of ink syringes. I have been lusting for this pen since long before Goulet began carrying them. And for whatever reason, I have always imagined inking this orange pen with purple ink - hence the Hayabusa. It will be my first purple ink and is just the right color. I work in an office, but my writing (on Rhodia pads I supply myself) is never really viewed by anyone else - so I can roll with whatever colors I want.

I can't wait to snap this orange baby open and closed. Don't you just love a good snap-cap?

Best,

Rindy_Ruth

It must be all of my <good-clean-living> but I was surprised to see that the order I placed this morning at 8:30 (above) has shipped at 11:45! And I asked them to test out the nib on the Diplomat Aero before shipping it. I know that not everyone has this experience with Goulet, but they have been speedy every time for me.

Rindy_Ruth

Waiting for several of the jinhao shark pens that I ordered via eBay from overseas dealers. These will be for gifts mainly. I also have a pelikan m205 on its way to me from cult pens I am expecting it early this week. Also waiting for a wing sung 6359 which is basically a Lamy Al-Star knock off. That should be it!

Awaiting a Franklin-Christoph 66 Stabilis in antique glass with a Mike Matsayama medium stub!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)