What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

Well I went on Amazon to order some vise-grips so I can fix the coffee table. For some reason vise-grips are an "add-on" item, so I had to buy $10 more of stuff to get them to ship me my clamps. I thought maybe a cake of violin rosin - I have most kinds in my collection, but I thought maybe I could find a $10 one that I haven't tried. But wait! If I do that, the vise-grips won't get here until Friday, when I become too busy to fix the table for weeks. If I add *another* $10, I can get them tomorrow (which is today now, actually). So I typed "fountain pens" into the Prime "get it tomorrow" search.

My new Waterman Hemisphere will be here this afternoon.

It was on sale.

I definitely have the sickness.

- N

That gets a legit “lol”.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

My Pilot 823, with broad nib, should arrive tomorrow. My Nakaya desk pen in Aka-tamenuri, with a Mottishaw broad CI, may go into the mail today.

Edited by biancitwo

Well I went on Amazon to order some vise-grips so I can fix the coffee table. For some reason vise-grips are an "add-on" item, so I had to buy $10 more of stuff to get them to ship me my clamps. I thought maybe a cake of violin rosin - I have most kinds in my collection, but I thought maybe I could find a $10 one that I haven't tried. But wait! If I do that, the vise-grips won't get here until Friday, when I become too busy to fix the table for weeks. If I add *another* $10, I can get them tomorrow (which is today now, actually). So I typed "fountain pens" into the Prime "get it tomorrow" search.

My new Waterman Hemisphere will be here this afternoon.

It was on sale.

I definitely have the sickness.

- N

:)

You don't have a spouse, do you

:)

You don't have a spouse, do you

I assume he does or the coffee table would just be propped up on old phone books from the attic. This just falls under the “Hon, that’s just what vice grips cost” and “what new pen?” Categories.

Just got my Moonman M2 LeCai and a purple Sailor Profit Junior. I already had the clear demonstrator form of the Sailor pen, but COULD. NOT. RESIST. PURPLE.

Now waiting for a Luoshi 3070.

After that comes in, I think I'll be done with pen acquisition for a while.

I know, I know. Famous last words.

I assume he does or the coffee table would just be propped up on old phone books from the attic. This just falls under the “Hon, that’s just what vice grips cost” and “what new pen?” Categories.

Ha! HA!

Not even phone-books, the thing is just about to disintegrate.

Fortunately, she likes the pens and even borrows them from time to time. She likes colors, so I gave her a pack of Varsities with the big crossword puzzle book I gave her for christmas. I am slowly and nefariously converting her to better pens. :)

- N

Ha! HA!

Fortunately, she likes the pens and even borrows them from time to time. She likes colors, so I gave her a pack of Varsities with the big crossword puzzle book I gave her for christmas. I am slowly and nefariously converting her to better pens. :)

- N

You gave her a pack of Varsities? And you still have a head? She is a saint.

Hey, Varsities aren't so bad. They teach you to hate feathering! And to do whatever it takes to make it stop... (i.e., get better pens)

- N

Before:

post-143922-0-28242700-1532496466_thumb.jpg

As I was opening my vise-grips I noticed on the packaging that vise-grips, apparently, is a Newell Rubbermaid brand, which I thought was pretty funny because... so is Waterman!!

After:

post-143922-0-73086800-1532496552_thumb.jpg

Action shot!

post-143922-0-87543000-1532496582_thumb.jpg

- N

Finally got around to putting in an order for a Sapporo. Not a Manyou with a ci music nib or even the black/gold ones I'd been tossing around early this year, but a Tarumi Apricot of all things. Checks a weathercock nib off my list in the process.

Ha! HA!

- N

Nice! I had my wife using a Safari for a while, but she kept touching the nib and getting ink on her fingers. Eventually she scrapped it and said shell use whatever Is lying around her office.

At the very least I put some pink ink in a Metro roller for her which she was thrilled about. I also gave her a Fisher Bullet for when shes on the go. (As I have)

But when I went to pick her up a few days ago she was still making notes with promotional ballpoint.

I fear she may be a lost cause.

Currently waiting for twsbi eco black in ef, along with samples of iroshizuku kon-peki, lamy blue, O.S. nitrogen, and diamine tyrian purple. ( I like the colors blue and purple, if you can't tell).

My Pilot Custom 823 with broad nib arrived this morning. Its pump filler is odd. It's like a con-70 that works. The broad nib is narrower than a western broad, and writes beautifully. I usually write with a pen a few days before sending it to Pendleton Brown for a CI. I may keep this unmodified for a while. I've just written on an envelope. Can't wait to get to get it on good paper.

Also my Nakaya desk pen in Aka-tamenuri shipped today.

The 2010 version Pelikano I got a couple of days ago is a nice broad L nib. It's also extremely juicy. My high school Pelikano, 1996 version, wasn't this wet. Well, I really like it, no complaints here!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

My Pilot Custom 823 with broad nib arrived this morning. Its pump filler is odd. It's like a con-70 that works. The broad nib is narrower than a western broad, and writes beautifully. I usually write with a pen a few days before sending it to Pendleton Brown for a CI. I may keep this unmodified for a while. I've just written on an envelope. Can't wait to get to get it on good paper.

Also my Nakaya desk pen in Aka-tamenuri shipped today.

I have 823 B as well and it's one of my top pens. It writes as nice as pens I have that cost twice as much. I did expect it to write a little wider but it makes me happy every time I use it.

S T Dupont D-line Vitruvian man. There's a sale on until the end of the month - some of their D-line pens have got some money off.

Waiting on a few from the Far East: Moonman M2, Penbbs 323 black, Penbbs 308 ivory, Wing Sung 698 14k nib piston filler, Wing Sun 7022 transparent blue piston filler, & a Hero 7022 splash marble.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)