What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

TWSBI Pastel Pink Eco F

TWSBI Pastel Blue Eco F

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

This just arrived..

Pilot Grandee 22K AGM F nib.

This one is slightly more rare, as it is Urushi finish, instead of the usual Matt Black. This writes really well. Usually I like thicker pens, but this is really comfortable to write with.

post-146548-0-39578300-1545388766.jpg

post-146548-0-60175100-1545388772_thumb.jpg

post-146548-0-45356500-1545388779_thumb.jpg

Our twelfth Pilot Capless pen in my household, this one being a blue matte Vanishing Point with an EF nib. I'd originally ordered one in metallic orange, which was offered for about US$20 less, but the online retailer from whom I ordered it took 18 days (after having charged my credit card) to advise that it couldn't get any more stock of it – even though its web site was generally pretty good with only listing what was in stock at the time of ordering – and asked me to select another colour, but not that any (other) colour in the metallics range was shown as being in stock with an EF nib.

After a bit of back and forth, it agreed to my demand of getting the blue matte instead, at the same price it has already charged my credit card three weeks prior.

Postal tracking shows that it cleared Customs here early this morning, but there have been no more movements (or at least scans of the barcode) since, and it's now Friday night here. I wonder if it's going to get delivered before Christmas after all?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Waiting for delivery of a blue/silver Waterman Exception with medium nib. It's been bouncing around a mailroom in Miami for the last 3 days. I guess it doesn't want to experience a Canadian winter just yet.

I'd love to know how it writes once you have this done. I have the same pen and am thinking of sending it to PB as well.

My 3776, with its new broad Pendleton Brown CI is rushing back to me. He scanned to me a photo of his distinctive writing with that gorgeous new nib. Enjoy. [if my file actually attached below.

post-66965-0-72675100-1545443187.jpeg

Just beautiful! Both pen and writing look wonderful!

Thanks for remembering to post a pic. Now I should get a 3776 with C nib and have PB work his wonder on it.

My 3776, with its new broad Pendleton Brown CI is rushing back to me. He scanned to me a photo of his distinctive writing with that gorgeous new nib. Enjoy. [if my file actually attached below.

attachicon.gif DC827772-BB03-4A37-B01F-081EA5FE19B2.jpeg

Edited by TruthPil

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

I am waiting for a green and a petrol Lamy Safari and a purple Pilot M.R (European version of Metropolitan).

Not quite sure if I am going to like the green coloured Safari, I was a bit more drawn to the pink one. But I thought that since I was already getting a purple fountain pen, a different colour would be better.

The petrol Safari I bought because The Writing Desk had one at a very nice price :).

Just beautiful! Both pen and writing look wonderful!

Thanks for remembering to post a pic. Now I should get a 3776 with C nib and have PB work his wonder on it.

You’re welcome, but you know I enjoyed showing off my pen, and Pendleton’s handiwork. I look forward to seeing your Platinum C nib after Pendleton finishes with it.

I have been very bad this year, so Santa is not bringing me anything, but I took advantage of a very attractive price (and SBRE Brown's discount code) and pre-ordered the Pelikan Herzstück 1929 from Appelboom.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I have been very bad this year, so Santa is not bringing me anything, but I took advantage of a very attractive price (and SBRE Brown's discount code) and pre-ordered the Pelikan Herzstück 1929 from Appelboom.

I though about doing exactly the same thing yesterday. I have to admit that it looks stunning.

I will appreciate your help to make my decision by telling me if you have had any apprehensions before ordering.

The pen may be too small and too heavy (45 grams). How do you imagine it as a writing instrument?

I though about doing exactly the same thing yesterday. I have to admit that it looks stunning.

I will appreciate your help to make my decision by telling me if you have had any apprehensions before ordering.

The pen may be too small and too heavy (45 grams). How do you imagine it as a writing instrument?

I'm sure this one will be heavier than most Pelikans (45 g vs 15 g for an M400), but I don't think it's too small. The new pen is expected to be 12.29 cm capped, while an M600 is 13 cm and an M400 is 12.5. I can't imagine where all that extra weight comes from, unless the finial and the piston knob really are solid gold. :lol:

I'm sure this one will be heavier than most Pelikans (45 g vs 15 g for an M400), but I don't think it's too small. The new pen is expected to be 12.29 cm capped, while an M600 is 13 cm and an M400 is 12.5. I can't imagine where all that extra weight comes from, unless the finial and the piston knob really are solid gold. :lol:

Well thanks. I think i will wait until someone gets one in his hands. I am going to write to Mr Appelboom and try to squeeze some facts out.

I recently bough the imperial Raden the vibrant orange and the M815 just for their looks. I could feel them in advance. They ended up being very much like in my fantasmas. With the herzstück i don't have the same insight.

Just for comparison, the weight of the M815 capped is 37.14 g, while a standard M8xx is 28.34 g.

Our tastes appear similar--I also have the Raden Royal Gold, the Vibrant Orange, and the M815.

My mom gave me an Amazon gift card that promptly went toward the purchase of a Waterman Expert, along with some non-FP goodies that we needed at Casa Aquaria.

My last purchase of the year is on its way: a mint Parker 45 Custom M in red with the original box, papers, and most importantly a soft 14k nib made in the England. This is the first vintage pen I've bought that still has the chalk marks on it.

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

The TWSBI Pastel Pink Eco and Pastel Blue Echo are being delivered this afternoon. These will be my first Fine nibs on any of my TWSBI pens. I await them with bated breath!

Lorraine

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison