• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

I saw this picture on Instagram recently and decided that I needed a two-sided pen immediately. I read up on the reviews of this pen (PenBBS 469), including here on FPN. Only a couple versions of this pen with same-styled, but differently-colored acrylics were available on eBay at prices I do not consider reasonable for Chinese pens, plus I don't like this type of "chunky" acrylic—I can't help but associate it with something unpleasant in my mind (namely, someone getting sick after having had too much to drink... um, you know, undigested food). From one of the threads devoted to PenBBS here on FPN, I fished out the name of a "PenBBS core member", and left a tab with her Instagram open in my browser. Several days of checking back later, PenBBS 469 in nice dark-blue-swirly acrylic was announced on said Instagram. A couple of days later, a batch went on sale, and one of those is headed to me now.

Plus an 11.11 batch of Parker 51 clones from Jinhao/Hero (a repeat buy of Jinhao 911, plus Hero 338) as well as Jinhao's clones of Lamy Safari with stub nibs, bought on AliExpress. But those do not merit a story; it's just a technical buy.

Well, as of Wednesday afternoon, the wait is over! :bunny01: The new grey Decimo is in my possession. Got it flushed out after I got home from the Steel City Nibs meeting, and now waffling between Yama-budo, Take-sumi, and Kon-peki (for some reason, much as I like Yama-guri, this pen is just not begging for a brown ink in it... :huh:).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Well, as of Wednesday afternoon, the wait is over! :bunny01: The new grey Decimo is in my possession. Got it flushed out after I got home from the Steel City Nibs meeting, and now waffling between Yama-budo, Take-sumi, and Kon-peki (for some reason, much as I like Yama-guri, this pen is just not begging for a brown ink in it... :huh:).

If you're taking votes, I go for Yama-budo. Magenta/purple/pink and grey/silver is a far underrated combo :D

1)

I am waiting for 90 pens - mostly Parker 51s and Parker Vacumatics but including some vintage Sheaffers, German piston fillers and vintage English pens other than Parkers - (and a lot of Parker pen parts) from a fellow kind hearted FPNer who acts as a recepient in USA for my Ebay purchases that wouldn't ship to where I am located.

Thanks a lot to Ken.

2)

Waiting for 13 vintage Swan and Waterman 52 pens from London. Thank a lot to Sikandar.

3)

Waiting for a number of (yet to count but almost 50 to 60) vintage 51s, Swans, Conway Stewarts etc pens stored for me by another Pakistani friend living abroad.

All the pens were purchased within the last couple months.

Khan M. Ilyas

If you're taking votes, I go for Yama-budo. Magenta/purple/pink and grey/silver is a far underrated combo :D

Oh I agree. That's the ink I used with the first Decimo (the one that I lost) as an inaugural combo. Because, Yama-budo.... :wub: But I ultimately opted for Take-sumi -- rather than the Namiki Black cartridge which came with the pen -- because, well, Take-sumi :thumbup: (although it took me till nearly midnight to decide).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I'm waiting on a Wing Sung 601. Depending on how it goes, I may give it to my aunt for Christmas. :)

601s have a way of getting into your pen case and taking up residence. They are lovely workhorse pens!

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

601s have a way of getting into your pen case and taking up residence. They are lovely workhorse pens!

And it writes really well! I inked it up with Diamine Misty Blue, and it writes both wet and smooth! I got the black one (because my aunt is weird, and if she'll take it at all, she'll take the black one), but now I'm thinking I might need a red one, or maybe army green, possibly grey... ;) :blush:

And it writes really well! I inked it up with Diamine Misty Blue, and it writes both wet and smooth! I got the black one (because my aunt is weird, and if she'll take it at all, she'll take the black one), but now I'm thinking I might need a red one, or maybe army green, possibly grey... ;) :blush:

The army green is my favorite!

The army green is my favorite!

So clearly this is a sign that I should get the army green one for myself along with the same color of Leuchtturm1917 master slim that's on clearance at Goulet Pens, right? ;)

So clearly this is a sign that I should get the army green one for myself along with the same color of Leuchtturm1917 master slim that's on clearance at Goulet Pens, right? ;)

But of course! I went for the one without ink windows so that my brain naturally thinks the pen is a Parker 51 when I pick it up, but I understand why some would want to know how much ink is left in the pen.

Waiting for a TWSBI VAC Mini and companion bottle to take on some imminent travels. I'm annoyed it hasn't arrived in time for me to play with it this weekend.

Lined paper makes a prison of the page.

Needed a rollerball for some work that FPs weren't suited for, so I've got a Tactile Turn Glider in grey aluminum on the way.

I also couldn't resist the current discount PenChalet has on Conklin pens, so my first Conklin Duragraph (cracked ice stub) is on it's way with Platinum Classic Khaki Black to break it in.

I'm a poor, so I'm waiting on a Pelikan Jazz Elegance.

I've also slowed down on my pen purchases and now concentrate on ink. Although I'm thinking about getting a TWSBI Eco in the new green color.

I’m waiting for 2 ENSSO XS (why oh why I’ve bought 2 I can’t explain that right now even to me) and a Moonman M100.

--

Anyone wants an ENSSO XS?

Visconti Opera Master “Luna”

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.

Thomas A. Edison

I'm waiting my Lamy Pikachu LE. Getting more and more exited, because it is now in Finland! I have waited this pen since preorders started, but it wasn't shipping that took most time(They where out of stock). It just in couple days made it's way from China to Finland, which is impressive.

Edited by Inksomnia