What Pen Are You Waiting For In The Mail 2018

RMN

Goulet & Goldspot Pens both sell samples of 2ml

Anderson Pens sells 3ml samples

Vanness & Pen Chalet both sell samples of 4ml

I got Wonderpens, which only go up to 1.8. Chiselers.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sub_bluesy

• truthpil

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

• inkstainedruth

Montblanc Hemingway FP. Excited I am!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

Kaweco Liliput Fireblue.

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."

--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

My Flickr, if you're interested

I feel like I have been heading towards this pen ever since I re-started my interest in FP after the first of the year. Today I ordered my Grail pen, the Pineider La Grande Bellezza - Rodolite Red in Soft Fine. It has everything that I have wanted in a pen. A beautiful, weighty body made of marble dust and resin, a magnetic capping mechanism (I just hate the ritual of unscrewing my pens), and a bouncy gold nib designed by Dante Del Vecchio. My only hesitation, aside from the price, is the shaped metal section where my fingers will rest. But I can't imagine the section being enough to put me off the rest of this gorgeous pen. Time will tell, and it should be in my hands early next week.

Rindy_Ruth

Edited to add: Much to my surprise, my pen is out for delivery today! I won't get it until I arrive home from work at the end of the day. Already the hands of the clock are moving even slower than they do on a typical Friday. Counting the minutes . . .

Edited by Rindy_Ruth

I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies. - loved this, and stole it!

I've got a Montblanc 144 with a BB nib out for delivery today!

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Goulet & Goldspot Pens both sell samples of 2ml

Anderson Pens sells 3ml samples

Vanness & Pen Chalet both sell samples of 4ml

this has been my experience, too

Not a pen exactly, but I'd been shopping for Ferrous Sulfate (to use in iron gall). But it's so hard to find chemicals in North America! Everyone's a suspected meth-smith or arsonist until proven innocent. Since I'm not a doctor, don't operate a water plant, and don't keep hogs, I finally gave up and ordered Ferrous Ammonium Sulfate (better anyway) from Belgium of all places.

And if anyone else tinkers with iron galls I recommend the same. Plain Ferrous Sulfate doesn't keep, in its bag or in your ink. Ferrous Ammonium Sulfate lasts many times longer and is 10x less toxic anyway. The "real" iron galls still made now apparently use it.

And now to wait.

For discount international shipping.

Grant me patience.

Edited by Corona688

If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on making your own iron gall ink?

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on making your own iron gall ink?

Yes, I've been trying for a while. See my thread, "The Gall of That Person!"

TL/DR, the popular "kitchen recipe" with tea, steel wool, and vinegar isn't iron gall as we know it -- it's walnut ink with tea instead of walnuts. It writes dark and darkens only slightly.

Properly darkening iron gall takes purer ferrous compounds than someone with finite patience can make in a home kitchen.

A visconti divina metro... again... As much as I said I'd never own it again... I just couldn't. it's too gorgeous.

and $600 is a little cheaper than the MSRP I paid originally

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I finally received these last night in the mail from Japan, so I suppose I'm not waiting for them any more, but I have been waiting for weeks; the first order in this lot (sent as a combined, single shipment) was placed mid-July.

fpn_1535522747__engraved_platinum_plaisi

Apart from the Platinum #3776 snap-cap with the dark briar barrel (on the far right), the rest are just cheap Platinum Plaisir and Balance pens with custom engraved messages. Sadly, retailers in Australia want anywhere up to A$30 for a Plaisir, whereas these Plaisir pens were priced at ¥1080 (~A$13) including free name engraving service plus international shipping.

fpn_1535523619__engraved_green_platinum_

fpn_1535523653__engraved_blue_platinum_p

fpn_1535523685__engraved_orange_platinum

fpn_1535523718__engraved_gold_platinum_p

I wouldn't say the quality of the engraving is tip-top, but then I probably cannot get Chinese engraving done either easily or better from anyone local; and so that was part of the allure and value proposition.

All but one of the messages (in lieu of names) are from the Confucian Analects:

The remaining message, the odd one out engraved on the Plaisir in Bali citrus, is also from a Confucian quote:

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Sailor Pro Gear Slim Demonstrator w/ 14k Medium nib. Goldspot.com. Feels like I found the last one of these NIB on earth with a medium nib (or just about nib for that matter). Very excited for it to arrive.

post-115418-0-19178100-1535671792_thumb.jpg

Edited by mtbradley

Currently: Sailor Pro Gear Black/Rhodium M/F with Sailor Jentle Black; Sailor Pro Gear Yellow/Rhodium M/F with Diamine Sargasso Sea; Sailor Pro Gear Slim Sky Demonstrator/Rhodium M with Sailor Jentle Blue; Sailor Pro Gear Apres Ski M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Sheaffer Touchdown Imperial VIII M with Diamine Asa Blue; Lamy AL-star Ocean Blue M with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue; Lamy Safari Red F with Sheaffer Skrip Red for grading papers; Lamy Safari Neon Yellow F with Diamine Kelly Green; Esterbrook J Blue 9668 with Noodlers Ottoman Azure; Esterbrook J Red 9668 with Diamine Red Dragon; Esterbrook J Copper 2668 with Diamine Ancient Copper; Esterbrook J Gray 9668 with Robert Oster Stormy Seas; TWSBI Vac700R M with Robert Oster Grey Seas; Noodler's Ahab Clear Demonstrator M with Diamine Midnight; Kaweco Skyline Sport M with Diamine Grey; Faber-Castell Goldfaber 1221 HB and Tombow Mono HB

"Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man." Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Waiting for a Wing Sung 601 Demonstrator Piston. It's actually not on the way to me, it's on the way to a friend who'll trade it for one of my Lamy nibs on the first day of school!

I wanted to pit a vintage Pelikan Pelikano against my modern one, but I couldn't find mine. So last month I bought a new modern Pelikano, and this month I set about purchasing a vintage one.

Since I didn't want to go over-budget, I had thought my quest would be a long one, as vintage Pelikano go for higher prices than the contemporary ones. But lo and behold! I won one today as the only bidder, and I remained within budget! I'm a happy writer! ^^

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I`m waiting on a grey marbled Pelikan 100 with a Bock Dauerfeder, a NOS Pelikan Level L5 Ceramic with 14ct M nib, and the 14ct gold nib of an old Pelikan 400 with ebonite feed to arrive. The nib is for the Pelikan M110 Calligraphy pen that I got last month. I love the deskpenlike shape of the M110, but I have no use for the 2mm Calligraphy nib it came with. And finally, there has been an update on my SEC Magia fountain pen - I`m getting an overworked version of the pen with a brandnew ebonite feed! The only thing that remains of my "old" Magia is the flexible Bock goldnib in EF. I`m really looking forward to that.