Wingsung 601 Vacumatic Filler

Tefolim

Yes, I find that there's stuff on ebay.com that isn't on ebay.com.au. However, once I find something on ebay.com, I can add it to my watch list on .au

It worked, the pen's in my ebay.it collection and cart. Thank you! :happycloud9: I know this must have been an obvious thing for many people but I've only ever used Amazon.it and ebay.it.

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• Tefolim

• Mech-for-i

• RoyalBlueNotebooks

The improved 601 is not good enough.

More improvement needed.....

New Chinese Fountain Pen on 2018:

Moonman 80, Parker 45 style fountain pen.

The improved 601 is not good enough.

More improvement needed.....

... judging from the deluge of early adopters comment, it surely look like so .. I think I would wait a while before committing to a purchase.

Yesterday I read this blog post with the help of online dictionary websites. It does seem that there are a few issues with the pen due to the initial production been rushed for the end of year sales.

I'll hold my wallet for now too. If all goes well this will be my first vacumatic fountain pen. The vintage pens at flea markets are usually non-functioning and I don't have the tools and knowledge to restore them.

Yesterday I read this blog post with the help of online dictionary websites. It does seem that there are a few issues with the pen due to the initial production been rushed for the end of year sales.

I'll hold my wallet for now too. If all goes well this will be my first vacumatic fountain pen. The vintage pens at flea markets are usually non-functioning and I don't have the tools and knowledge to restore them.

It talked about the second batch of 601 which were sold on the 25th and 26th of December.

And 601 should be cheap.

The third batch sold now were improved but there are still many problems.

And something about 601 now is in secret.

At first glance I thought the pen had some sort of arrow emblem on the hoods which is a feature I like on a hooded pen. On second glance though it looks like it's just glare.

I just ordered one. Too bad I didn't see this thread first. Maybe it will turn out well? I was hoping for a demonstrator, but those were sold out, so I went with a slim black pen.

It's very interesting to see how the Chinese manufacturers are trying out something beyond cartridge/converter pens and aerometric fillers. Also interesting to see the bump up in quality.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

I just ordered one. Too bad I didn't see this thread first. Maybe it will turn out well? I was hoping for a demonstrator, but those were sold out, so I went with a slim black pen.

It's very interesting to see how the Chinese manufacturers are trying out something beyond cartridge/converter pens and aerometric fillers. Also interesting to see the bump up in quality.

Waski,

It's probably incorrect to say they're "trying out" something as this filling system was used by the original Wing Sung company decades ago, so I consider it as an updated version of the 201, and hopefully with more advanced materials which would make the diaphragm inside more durable. I am still holding out til Victo really gets into the swing of things to achieve a higher level of consistency, but the thought of a user-serviceable Vacumatic - unlike the Parker original - is most appealing.

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

Waski,

It's probably incorrect to say they're "trying out" something as this filling system was used by the original Wing Sung company decades ago, so I consider it as an updated version of the 201, and hopefully with more advanced materials which would make the diaphragm inside more durable. I am still holding out til Victo really gets into the swing of things to achieve a higher level of consistency, but the thought of a user-serviceable Vacumatic - unlike the Parker original - is most appealing.

That's a good point. I should have used the word "reviving". I agree with you about user serviceability. That is my big objection to the original Vacumatic.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Now, the transparent one looks very interesting.

And if it could take a P51 nib so I don't have to live with a horrible 'Fine' nib and get something a bit fatter & juicier in it. That would be really nice.

Do like the dark blue. Currently only the one seller on ebay.com & no demonstrator for sale. Shame.

Regards,

Richard.

It may be worth finding what size the nib is. I have modified a P61 nib to fit in a P51, and I'd be surprised if the same wasn't possible with a P51 nib - would have to measure up. With a bit of tweaking a P51 nib can go into a H616, just need to modify the H616.

Regards,

Richard.

Waski,

It is an uploaded version of the "102" Wingsung, though it is not better than "102", even worse.

Wing Sung Vacumatic Pump Fountain Pen' s history: "51" Life("51"永生), "201” Wing Sung, "102"/"103" Wing Sung, Wing Sung 601

I do not think it take P51 nib and they have not release a Demo yet

18.5mm, not the P51 size 21.5mm

Here comes photos.

65b1cbf7gy1fnia350pehj21sw37k4qq.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia3618kuj21sw37ke82.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia33n0fuj21sw37kb29.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia35csakj21sw37k7wi.jpg
This one belongs to the Xmas batch(the second batch), steel nib.↑
65b1cbf7gy1fniaagrha5j237k1swe82.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaagxo09j21sw37khdu.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaagjdvgj237k1sw7wi.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaaagfovj237k1swe81.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa6h75aj237k1sw7wh.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa65lnxj237k1sw4qp.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa69chaj237k1sw4qp.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa6d2cej237k1sw4qp.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa6856mj237k1sw4qp.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa6folfj21sw37k7wh.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa9ptyaj21sw37k7wh.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa9yr20j21sw37k7wh.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaaajb0bj21sw37kb29.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaa9q9z8j21sw37k7wh.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaaad9fkj21sw37ke81.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaafh84kj237k1sw4qq.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fniaagy4isj237k1swe82.jpg
The one belongs to the 2018 batch(the third batch), steel nib.
65b1cbf7gy1fniaaf68zyj21sw37kx6p.jpg
One night later. The Xmas batch has the same problem. When I fill the 601, it is about 6℃. Then I set the room temperature at 26℃.
I totally followed the Introduction's protocol. Though the problem only happened once.
65b1cbf7gy1fnia8g9ywbj237k1sw4qq.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia8jwhm3j21sw37k7wj.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia8il0vvj237k1swhdu.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia8i6nlej237k1swe82.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia8gyypwj237k1sw7wi.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia8hngrbj237k1swe82.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia8h5kumj237k1sw7wi.jpg
65b1cbf7gy1fnia8dhinqj237k1sw4qp.jpg
Here is another one which belongs to the Xmas batch, 12k nib(made by Hero). It looks beter than the steel nib version but I have not filled it.

18.5mm, not the P51 size 21.5mm

Fortunately I have a metalworking lathe and a file. It will be relatively easy to reduce the length of the P51 nib with a file, but possibly not wise. As the collector & feed are rotationally symmetrical, I suspect it would be possible to increase the available length for the nib to slot into with the lathe. The setup & time to make the work holding parts may be a while, but not impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

Regards,

Richard.

They don't look so bad.

Oh, Sailor Jentle Sakura-Mori! :wub:

EDIT: I didn't understand the issue around room temperature and ink burp/leak picture. Did I miss a step?

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

I ordered a dark blue one off EBay today. I hope they've fixed a few of the production issues. Unfortunately, I could only find it being sold by one seller. This is infuriating, as it meant I had to pay much more for the pen than I wanted to, given that it's a new model with known issues.