• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan2016

• visvamitra

• namrehsnoom

• lgsoltek

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time I see it, it has different color. Hue inconsistency is significant in rthese inks. My bottle of Olivastre is almost finished and I just hope the next one I'll get will be identical.

Nice review, Jan.

The Callifolio Omi Osun I have is much lighter, and more like a teal. Personally, I don’t mind too much about small colour differences between batches. In this case though, the difference is really significant, making it quite a different ink.

I agree; my bottle of Omi Osun is a completely different color--significantly lighter and more green. I think I bought it near the beginning of 2016. Is this the more recent formulation?

As far as olivastre vs Olivine- I find the olivastre to be a much better behaved ink. Olivine is very prone to feathering and bleed through for me.

The color difference is too much for me.... Here a link to another (great) review

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/312005-lartisan-pastellier-callifolio-omi-osun/?p=3682439

Bought my bottle in June 2016, and it has always been stored in a dark place.

This is the picture from their website:

fpn_1514363681__omi_osun_trio.jpg

If I look at their blue blues, it could be very well one of them...:

fpn_1514363791__bleu_azur_trio.jpg Bleu Azure

So, mislabeled??

I looked further, and found the impressive thread of the Callifolio line:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/278020-callifolio-line-36-inks-lartisan-pastellier/?p=3179812

Then Bleu Atlantique also could be a possibility.

All chromo's are included in this review, except... some blue ones... so I am still not sure...

@visvamitra: do you have the chromo's of the other blues of L'Artisan, and could you post them so that we can find the true identity of this ink??? :-)

Okay, no problem.

Anyone else out there who could do a simple chromo to see what this color really is?

So I guess it is Bleu Azure or Bleu Atlantique...

I made some quick swatches and gathered my chromas from the Callifolio Blues:

fpn_1514403385__callifolio_blues_-_swatc

fpn_1514403400__callifolio_blues_-_chrom

From the bit of purple at the top of your chroma, I think there might be a match with Bleu Ultramarine.

(Ultramarine and Azur are almost identical, with Ultramarine being a bit more purple)

Thank you very much!!!

Well, it isn't Omi Osun for sure! :D :D :D

Because of the purple I also would say Bleu Ultramarine. I am only not sure now if I should do a repost under the name Bleu Ultramarine... , do not want to spread any false information

Thank you all for the comparisons.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Thank you for the great review, Jan2016! But, I too am very sure that this is not Omni Osun.

I think this is Bleu Mediterranee. While it has the slightly purple in the chroma, it does have the blue-green undertone. Bleu Ultramarine and Bleu Azur are very similar; Ultramarine is slightly darker but both strongly lean towards purple. Also, my bottle of Mediterranee has that beautiful red sheen to it.

L'Artisan Pastellier seems to like to create colors that are very similar with very slight differences, particularly in the blues. My favorite of the Callifolio blues are Atlantique and Mediterranee.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today