• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyber6

• Noihvo

• Chrissy

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I missed out too. The time difference meant Australia was sleeping when the ink was announced. I get up early, and saw the blog posts in my feed with my first sip of tea, but it was still too late. (Though I hadn't considered there might be a problem with the website. Just assumed it was all gone when the link didn't work and a search yielded a nothing found.) I have my fingers crossed some more will be made in response to the enthusiasm.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

It is a beautiful ink & I trust Dr. Brown to have Diamine send some more over to Akkermans. Thank you for the "head's up!"

The reason these can all sell out within minutes is bots. They can buy up the limited supply in no time at all. There is a solution to this problem:

Don't buy ink on the secondary market. Period.

Wait... SBRE Brown is made by Diamine. Now comes in Akkerman bottles. That seems to confirm something...

hahaha I was just thinking that as I just watched the video...but ah well akkerman seems to be a very much loved bottle and they do seem slightly different with some of the colors.....I'm intrigued by the SBRE brown. Not sure I could pay nearly $40 for a brown ink but it seems to be much loved if it sold out so fast.

Seems he was waiting to see how fast it sold to see if he'd do another run. I'm guessing it'll become fairly regular ink if that demand keeps up.

edit: He put a response to the fast sell out on youtube. He does plan another release probably around January or so at the earliest. hopefully more will be available in the US too.

Edited by RockingLR

When you uncap it can you hear the crazy chant?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I had a chance and a bottle in my basket but at €20 for postage to the UK (!!!) I let it slip.

:o Goodness. I probably don't want to know what the shipping will be to Australia.

Very glad to hear that some will be coming to the US and that Anderson as well may have some of this precious inky elixir in the future.

It's another brown ink, from Diamine.

I am genuinely curious as to what exactly so special about this?

SBREBrown is what's special. He gives a lot to the community, I would like to give back by supporting one of his projects. It was his vidoes that got me really interested in fountain pens, before seeing them I had a couple of pens that didn't work very well, no converters, no bottled ink.

I am curious to try the colour he has chosen to put his name to.

I would also like to have one of the Akkerman bottles, but couldn't decide which colour to order. This one has enough other reasons to make the decision easy. I will wait for it.

SBREBrown is what's special. He gives a lot to the community, I would like to give back by supporting one of his projects. It was his vidoes that got me really interested in fountain pens, before seeing them I had a couple of pens that didn't work very well, no converters, no bottled ink.

I am curious to try the colour he has chosen to put his name to.

I would also like to have one of the Akkerman bottles, but couldn't decide which colour to order. This one has enough other reasons to make the decision easy. I will wait for it.

So no matter what ink is put out on sale, as long as his name is on it, you'll buy it.

Okay.

Edited by penwash

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens

So no matter what ink is put out on sale, as long as his name is on it, you'll buy it.

Okay.

That's a mean thing to say. :huh:

I also like brown inks. I have eleven if the murky green/browns are included. None of them are Diamine or Akkerman.

When you uncap it can you hear the crazy chant?

Byzantine chant is not crazy. In fact, it's quite Orthodox.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Byzantine chant is not crazy. In fact, it's quite Orthodox.

Ta-dum! Brilliant!

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Anderson Pens is currently out of stock, but you can put your name on their email list to be notified when the ink is available again.

That's a mean thing to say. :huh:

I also like brown inks. I have eleven if the murky green/browns are included. None of them are Diamine or Akkerman.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.

I was acknowledging what you told me, that you are buying the ink because you want to support his project. So really it doesn't matter what ink he's endorsing, you're going to buy it anyway because of his influence.

I like brown inks and murky inks too, but after seeing the samples, I see nothing unique from the color of this ink at all, so I asked my original question above, which you have answered, so thank you for that.

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens