• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• Jan2016

• namrehsnoom

• JulieParadise

• 1 year later...

Since I just took some photos of this ink (one of my favourites!) I might just add them to this thread, right?

watered down

fpn_1546863466__2019_01_07_ig_1sm.jpg

cloooose

fpn_1546863278__2019_01_07_ig_3.jpg

looks different from every angle

fpn_1546863289__2019_01_07_ig_4.jpg

in writing (wet vintage safety pen)

fpn_1546863302__2019_01_07_ig_5.jpg

chromatography (simple handkerchief)

fpn_1546863313__2019_01_07_ig_7.jpg

just a drop of ink on a moist paper towel separates the dyes -- yes, this dark green ink consists of lemon yellow & dark blue!

fpn_1546863334__2019_01_07_ig_10.jpg

This has become one of my favorite murky greens - it looks particularly good coming from the fine nib in my Sailor Pro Gear Slim. :)

Thanks for all the pics and the review.

~ Diamine Salamander has a welcome place on my writing desk.

The 30ml bottle may need to be replaced in 2019 due to use.

It's a color which lends itself to sketches.

Thank you for the posts and the images.

Tom K.

I was slightly worried that it was being discontinued because Goulet Pens had it on close-out (sold out now), but apparently it's just because it wasn't selling well for them - at least, I hope that's all it is. (Of course, I've got an 80mL bottle that's mostly full, so I should quit worrying.)

I love Diamine, but this one leaves me cold. Too dull.

But of course very happy with the review. How else do we figure out what to buy and what not to buy.

This one is on my list of inks to get eventually--has been for a long time. I love complex inks with varying hues.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

• 2 years later...
On 1/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, Charles Rice said:

I love Diamine, but this one leaves me cold. Too dull.

But of course very happy with the review. How else do we figure out what to buy and what not to buy.

I find Salamander gives me nicer results on a sheening paper. On a low-sheening paper it is an indistinct grey-green. On a sheening paper I get shading and a hint of brown which makes it so much more interesting. I had been researching an army/olive green which shades with brown on average papers. I looked into Rikyu-Cha (expensive), Burma Road Brown (one-note), Diamine Safari (my sample didn't show brown) and Oster Khaki (limited availability). Any more ideas welcome...

7 minutes ago, vtgt said:

Any more ideas welcome...

Robert Oster Bronze.  It knocked Salamander down a notch for me. :)

Actually, I quite like the color. I will probably include it in my next order of un-needed inks. I have SO MUCH INK I am going to sell some off very soon.

I REALLY wish the classifieds we back here......... Really!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”