Kwz Ink - Wspomnienie Znad Bałtyku (Baltic Memories)

visvamitra

KWZI is polish ink manufacture that gained popularity by reintroducing safe iron gall inks on the market. At the moment KWZ Ink offers wide variety of standard and iron-gall inks.

Recently Konrad and Agnieszka crafted three new inks named after places in Poland:

1. Sen o Warszawie (A Dream of Warsaw)

2. Spacer nad Wisłą (Walk along Vistula)

3. Wspomnienie znad Bałtyku (Baltic memories)

I think it's cool idea to have inks named after places (like Super 5 series of pigmented inks named after European cities). The inks come in usual KWZI glass bottles, but the etiquettes were painted with an ink by one of Polish fountain pen boards user. Additionally, KWZI printed postcards with the etiquettes.

Bottle

fpn_1511468613__wzb_bottlr.jpg

Postcard

fpn_1511553151__wsb_postcard.jpg

Ink Splash (on Tomoe River to show sheen)

fpn_1511553183__wzb_kwzi_is.jpg

Wspomnienie znad Baltyku is a heavily saturated ink. Color range van be quite big depending on the pen and paper you use. The ink is heavily saturated and as such is prone to drying if you leave the pen uncapped for more than one minute. I love naming inks after real places and I think newlabels are excellent. I just want to see warmer colors.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1511553218__wzb_kwzi_rk.jpg

Color ID

fpn_1511553234__wzb_kwzi_fabriano_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1511553264__wzb_kwzi_fabriano_4.jpg

Fabriano, Baoer 388, fine nib

fpn_1511553292__wzb_kwzi_fabriano_1.jpg

fpn_1511553332__wzb_kwzi_fabriano_2.jpg

Rhodia, Baoer 388, fine nib

fpn_1511553354__wzb_kwzirhodia_1.jpg

fpn_1511553376__wzb_kwzirhodia_2.jpg

fpn_1511553392__wzb_kwzirhodia_3.jpg

Tomoe River, Visconti van Gogh, fine nib

fpn_1511553425__wzb_kwzitomoe.jpg

fpn_1511553446__wzb_kwzitomoe_2.jpg

Midori,Hero 5028, stub 1.9

fpn_1511553463__wsb_midori_1.jpg

fpn_1511553484__wsb_midori_2.jpg

fpn_1511553549__wsb_midori_3.jpg

Water resistance

fpn_1511553568__wzb_kwzi_h2o.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• JakobS

• Jan2016

• crahptacular

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reviews!

For me of the three new colors this one is the most interesting.

I hope KWZ will also bring new warmer and complex colors, they are good in that.

The company at the other side of the world has already a lot of blues, and they are pretty good. :D

Might be similar to RO Lake of Fire, which I only had a sample of, but was surprisingly different from other blue-teals. The postcard shows a nice range of shades too.

Out of the three, I like this one the best. Keeping an eye out for it to become available!

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Out of the three, I like this one the best. Keeping an eye out for it to become available!

Funny, but I like this one the least. I'm not fond of teal and this one leans a little too green for me. The shading is nice, but you can say that about KWZI IG Turquoise, too, which I already have (and I'm not keen about the color on that one either...).

But thanks for the review, Vis. Seeing reviews of inks I *don't* want are often more useful than seeing reviews of ones where I go "Ooooh... must HAAAAAAVE!"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Another great ink and label - though I admit I don't use many teals. Thank you for another wonderful review.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY