Kwz Ink- Spacer Nad Wisłą (Walk Along The Vistula River)

visvamitra

KWZI is polish ink manufacture that gained popularity by reintroducing safe iron gall inks on the market. At the moment KWZ Ink offers wide variety of standard and iron-gall inks.

Recently Konrad and Agnieszka crafted three new inks named after places in Poland:

1. Sen o Warszawie (A Dream of Warsaw)

2. Spacer nad Wisłą (Walk along Vistula)

3. Wspomnienie znad Bałtyku (I'm not sure how to translate it well - Memory of/from the Baltic Sea sounds awkward)

I think it's cool idea to have inks named after places (like Super 5 series of pigmented inks named after European cities). The inks come in usual KWZI glass bottles, but the etiquettes were painted with an ink by one of Polish fountain pen boards user. Additionally, KWZI printed postcards with the etiquettes. If someone wants to receive one, drop me PM with you adress and I'll send you a postcard - I have only three of them, though.

I'll start with the Walk Along Vistula.

Bottle

fpn_1511382833__snw_bottle.jpg

Postcard

fpn_1511383642__snw_kwzi_postcard.jpg

Ink Splash (on Tomoe River to show sheen)

fpn_1511383677__snw_kwzi_is.jpg

Spacer nad Wisłą is a heavily saturated ink that leans toward turquoise a bit. It has quite strong sheen on Tomoe River paper, so if it's up your alley, you'll enjoy this one. Personally, I don't care much about the sheen. The flow and level of lubrication are good. Due to high level of saturation it takes a while to clean the ink from the pen. I haven't noticed any stains but it's definitely not Waterman that flushes easily with water.

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1511383744__snw_kwzi_rk.jpg

Color ID

fpn_1511383766__snw_kwzi_fabriano_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1511383776__snw_kwzi_fabriano_4.jpg

Fabriano, Visconti van Gogh, fine nib

fpn_1511383803__snw_kwzi_fabriano_1.jpg

fpn_1511383823__snw_kwzi_fabriano_2.jpg

Rhodia, Visconti van Gogh, fine nib

fpn_1511383848__snw_kwzi_rhodia_1.jpg

fpn_1511383896__snw_kwzi_rhodia_2.jpg

fpn_1511383914__snw_kwzi_rhodia_3.jpg

Tomoe River, Visconti van Gogh, fine nib

fpn_1511383934__snw_kwzi_tomoe_1.jpg

fpn_1511383962__snw_kwzi_tomoe_2.jpg

Midori,Hero 5028, stub 1.9

fpn_1511384213__snw_kwzi_midori.jpg

fpn_1511384255__snw_kwzi_midori_2.jpg

fpn_1511384273__snw_kwzi_midori_3.jpg

Water resistance

fpn_1511384316__snw_kwzi_h2o.jpg

Fabriano, Visconti van Gogh, fine nib

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan2016

• visvamitra

• white_lotus

• Intensity

I don't know this one. I hope the tradition will continue and some warmer colors named after places will appear. I have ideas, like brick color called Rooftops of Old City or some nice vibrant green called Nadburzańskie Łąki, All three new colors are rather dark and cold.

I'm definitely interested in these colors, and yes, some lovely browns and deep, murky greens would bring me great happiness.

No info as to when these inks will make it to America.

The warm colors of KWZ are really good and i like them a lot. I can understand the demand for the blue ones though.

Very curious about Baltic Memories, it looked promising.

@white lotus:

The lovely browns and murky greens are already available at KWZ :D

Just to name a few:

Rotten Green

Foggy Green

Hunter green

Green Gold

Honey

Old Gold

Capuccino

Maroon

And I also can recommend:

Grey Plum

Brown Pink

And a curious thing, I like the smell of most KWZ inks a lot... but maybe that is just my aberration...

I love the fact that these new KWZ inks are have names other than "Color #N". I'll admit that I've (very superficially) skipped over a number of KWZ inks where I felt that the names didn't tell me anything about the ink. These ink names definitely eliminate my prejudice :)

This seems to be a somewhat trendy color (and I don't mean that in a judgmental way; just that sheeny blue-turquoises seem popular) and will hopefully be a crowd-pleaser. I'm sure I don't need more teal-turquoise-blue-ish inks, but...

@white lotus:

The lovely browns and murky greens are already available at KWZ :D

Just to name a few:

Rotten Green

Foggy Green

Hunter green

Green Gold

Honey

Old Gold

Capuccino

Maroon

And I also can recommend:

Grey Plum

Brown Pink

And a curious thing, I like the smell of most KWZ inks a lot... but maybe that is just my aberration...

KWZ inks are available in the US at Vanness and another retailer whose name escapes me. The new ones aren't there yet. Thanks for the suggestions but I already have most of those inks. I'm wanting the new ones. :drool:

This one looks interesting -- love the shading, and particularly love what some people call "haloing" (that crisp edge shading on strokes which are darker than the rest of the line). I'd have to see the color in person (as it were) though, to be sure....

Although I misread the original description at first -- I thought this was an IG ink.... :headsmack:

Soooo.... How soon is Vanness getting these new colors in? I can't wait to see the reviews of the other colors.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Love at first sight! Must... buy... Thank you for the review!

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Soooo.... How soon is Vanness getting these new colors in? I can't wait to see the reviews of the other colors.

I too wonder about this. I hope it will be available in the U.S.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Very pretty color, thanks for reviewing it, vis. If I hadn't just ordered those two new Kobe Van Goghs ...

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

@visvamitra Thanks a lot for your detail review! So lovely!

Just a word of comment - the names of the inks that will be supplied overseas have English names as follows: Walk over Vistula, Baltic Memories and Warsaw Dreaming.

Please have a look https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/329463-kwz-announces-new-inks/ ;)

The first overseas supply will be sent today and the new inks will be offered by all the regular KWZ resellers ;) There is limitted number of the postcards, they will be added free for the corresponding bottle as long as we don't run out of.

Best wishes

Agnieszka vel Mrs. KWZI

@ inkstainedruth

Haloing !!!!! Great, I was looking for that word a long time. I like that effect a lot!

Yeah, that's why I'm kinda interested in this ink (even though I'm not completely sold on the color).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."