Kwz Announces New Inks

white_lotus

Perhaps some of you have already seen the news on the KWZ Facebook page: there will be three new inks released November 18, 2017.

The names are Baltic Memories (a blue-green), Warsaw Dreaming (a black or dark blue), Walk over Vistula (also a blue-green it seems to me). I don't trust google translate with Polish, so I'm looking at the labels. It seems KWZ had gotten a number of requests for green-leaning blues, and I think the Warsaw Dreaming ink is a black, though from the label it could be a very deep rich blue. There may be sheen with one or more of these inks, but again, I don't trust google translate with Polish. I'd personally rather have sheen rather than shimmer particles. I don't use shimmer inks, so I hope it's just sheen, though that's never been a criteria in ink for me personally.

I'll be very interested to learn more about these inks once they are released and available on retailers websites. The labels are fantastic and I think a great direction for KWZ. Let's hope that more exciting inks will become available in the future.

Here is the picture from that FB page.

fpn_1510442248__3_new_kwz_inks.png

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• white_lotus

• UDog

• fabri00

• jmccarty3

Thank you for sharing this exciting news!

I am not really a "Blue fan" & especially not "Blue/Green" ink but I am sure these will make many users happy & "more" KWZ ink is always a GOOD thing.

No swabs at this point?

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Great news! Thank you for this bulletin -- I am a fan of both KWZI and blue-green inks!

Reviews and articles on Fountain Pen Network

CHINA, JAPAN, AND INDIA

Hua Hong Blue Belter | Penbbs 456 | Stationery | ASA Nauka in Dartmoor and Ebonite | ASA Azaadi | ASA Bheeshma | ASA Halwa | Ranga Model 8 and 8b | Ranga Emperor

ITALY AND THE UK

FILCAO Roxi | FILCAO Atlantica | Italix Churchman's Prescriptor

USA, INK, AND EXPERIMENTS

Bexley Prometheus | Route 54 Motor Oil | Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater | Robert Oster Aqua | Diamine Emerald Green | Mr. Pen Radiant Blue | Three Oysters Giwa | Flex Nib Modifications | Rollstoppers

Thank you @white_lotus so much for sharing the news also here!!! :)

The announcemnt on Facebook was prepared in both languages (we write in Polish only the post that concern the Polish community mostly, and both languages for global community), so here comes the English part:

Only a week left to the Warsaw event celebrating Fountain Pen Day Dzień pióra wiecznego, so it is about the time we reveal the news. 3 new inks are coming and will be added to our regular line-up. These inks are a set of something special in our standard range of inks. We lost count how many times you asked us for manufacturing of the blue or teal inks with “a sheen” and a stylish black ink, so we hope that these will meet your expectations.
We decided to make them special also by giving the names referring to our favourite Polish spots... They will premiere during the Warsaw event on 18th November and then the inks will be available worldwide through our resellers.
Special thanks to Pasiakowa - Polish artist Kinga Spiczko for designing the labels. These are the copies of her real drawings made with the use of those exact inks.

All the additional info like colours swabs, sample writing and the stories behind the names will be revealed in next few days :)

Best wishes

- Mrs. KWZI

In the USA I think only Vanness carries KWZ

https://vanness1938.com/collections/kwz-inks

I know I am a bit late in this response. But, I also carry KWZ inks.

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

These are standard KWZ inks, so guaranteed no water resistance, except by accident.

By this I mean that the standard inks are not meant to have water resistance so if there happens to be any water resistance it will just be an unintended effect of the ink staining the paper.

There are many FP inks on the market and the vast majority are not water resistant, nor are they advertised as such. So if water resistance is important to you, you need to look for inks with that quality, that are marketed as "permanent" or "water resistant". I believe the KWZ IG inks meet that requirement. There are a number of brands with "document" inks or described in other ways that announce their permanence.

These are standard KWZ inks, so guaranteed no water resistance, except by accident.

By this I mean that the standard inks are not meant to have water resistance so if there happens to be any water resistance it will just be an unintended effect of the ink staining the paper.

There are many FP inks on the market and the vast majority are not water resistant, nor are they advertised as such. So if water resistance is important to you, you need to look for inks with that quality, that are marketed as "permanent" or "water resistant". I believe the KWZ IG inks meet that requirement. There are a number of brands with "document" inks or described in other ways that announce their permanence.

Thanks.

There are also several inks not declared as water resistant but having this propriety.

For example the Pilot inks.

Anyway, mine was a question referred to these new inks in particular, as in one email about a year ago KWZ told me they were working in a new serie of inks not IG but water resistant.

Understand. I don't believe these are meant to be those inks. I know when we had the US group buys of KWZ inks, they had several water resistant inks of which I bought a couple (Violet #2 and Violet #7). But these inks had issues with strange green ghosting on the verso over time. My understanding is that is why those original inks were discontinued.

I too remember KWZ mentioning that they wanted to address those issues, but I haven't heard anything about water resistant inks from them. I'm sure they'll tell us when they do.

And yes, I've found some Sailor shop exclusive inks to be somewhat water resistant, but they aren't advertised as such. And I don't know if it's just a combination of ink and paper because I've never tested that extensively.

Now swabs are at KWZ Ink Instagram page :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbhnk16jXyE/?tagged=kwzink

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbcHfPijxrC/?tagged=kwzink

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbe1cQvDk2p/?tagged=kwzink

I bought on 18 november "Walk over Vistula" and "Baltic Memories".

Thx @niunia very much !

I'm looking for Chicago Blue :) to my collection.

Edited by Diedre

These will be very difficult to resist. It's great to see a dark blue that sheens like that.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 2 weeks later...