New Pelikan M200 Brown-Marble Fountain Pen

Fritz Schimpf

We just got the confirmation that Pelikan will launch another fountain pen this year. By late November 2017 the new

Pelikan M200 Brown-Marble fountain and ballpoint pens should be available.

It seems, that Pelikan is having a brown year...

Here are some pictures:

post-80974-0-81299000-1510049984_thumb.jpg

post-80974-0-37238000-1510050016_thumb.jpg

post-80974-0-91106300-1510050039_thumb.jpg

Best regards

Fritz Schimpf

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• jkingrph

• Runnin_Ute

• BillH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I need that............and time to get an EF nib....it would then be a great replacement for the 1745 EF that I use for editing. Ah, I did need a 'reason' after all.

Cost? In Euro?

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I need that............and time to get an EF nib....it would then be a great replacement for the 1745 EF that I use for editing. Ah, I did need a 'reason' after all.

Cost? In Euro?

The recommended retail price for the fountain pen is €105.-, we offer these for € 84.- (including the German VAT of 19% which is not applicable to orders send to the outside of the European Union).

Great.....I'd feared the high cost of the LE pens. I will be in touch with you.....it sounds like a great Christmas present my wife can give me..... :D

I can do with out that 23 year old bottle of rum and some 15 year old Glenfiddich...the stuff was just going to evaporate over three years, leaving behind dead bottles....

At REAL, Fritz if you have interest in such. Fair price.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

and time to get an EF nib....it would then be a great replacement for the 1745 EF that I use for editing.

Seriously, you know better than that.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

What a nice surprise! Beautiful pen to end the year on.

Will this be a special edition, or is it joining the regular series?

Edited by BillH

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Biber....I'll ask Fritz to send me the skinniest of his EF nibs for it.........though I don't need Japanese thin, vintage and semi-vintage thin will do.

The 200 is not the fat and blobby modern 400.

I just got done reserving one....so I'll be the first on my block to have one.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

Biber....I'll ask Fritz to send me the skinniest of his EF nibs for it.........though I don't need Japanese thin, vintage and semi-vintage thin will do.

The 200 is not the fat and blobby modern 400.

Good luck with that... I would have thought the other way around. Though I trust you'll ultimately get something that'll work for you... ... ... maybe...

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

I have enough wider nibs, and having just reserved the pen, decided to use it more I need a good EF, and expect a 200's EF to be good. I need it for editing.

Biber what don't you like about a 200's EF nib?

It is very seldom I buy a new pen, the 215 Lozenge, the Amethyst, that Galleria Kaufhaus 605 , and a MB Woolf on sale for 1/3 off....and the P-75 bought @ '70.

The rest are semi-vintage or vintage.

There are brown pens like the new 800 and the Grand Place 600, I'd like but $$$$. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

That is fantastic! All I need now is the 'grey pearls' colourway for complete rapture.

Are the cap and blind cap black or brown? I'm guessing black ... (but would prefer brown)

John

The Classic Brown-Marble will be part of the regular series.

Regards

Fritz Schimpf

Wonderful! Thank you so much.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I have enough wider nibs, and having just reserved the pen, decided to use it more I need a good EF, and expect a 200's EF to be good. I need it for editing.

Biber what don't you like about a 200's EF nib?

I'd be willing to bet that any EF nib you get will write closer to a M, with a dry ink maybe an F. And that any line it produces will be dull and characterless on a par with a felt-tip. It's not as though Pelikan does much grooming to the nib point once the tipping is attached. Maybe they actually do fine tune their higher end nibs, I don't know. They certainly don't the 200s as far as I've seen.

Maybe you will like it. I just pegged you as appreciating what nibs were before irridium blobbed nibs became the norm. How far back do you have to go to get an actual good Pelikan nib? The 50s?

Beautiful pen, too bad not in a 600 or 800 although a M200 is quite a nice pen too.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

I can afford the 200, but not a Grand Place....and the pretty 800 is not a pen for me.......sure is pretty though.

I have to admit originally I was a gold snob...then some Osmia and a Geha 790 steel nib, changed my mind. Good gold can be as good as good steel.

Trans-mailing 200's nibs that matched my '90's tortoise 400, and two Celebries, one gold and one steel changed my mind. So I didn't need a 200 having a 400, later vintage ones too. So I got a 215 for the 200's nib!

Pre'97 will do for regular flex with a small to normal American Bump Under....not a huge blob on modern 400/600/800. The 200s, and my '90-96 Tortoise, 381, 2 Celebry...one gold, one steel...Are equal in width and springiness. My W.Germany 200 OM...has a slight bit more spring if one looks for it. I helps to have other '90's Pelikan gold and those steel Celebry and newer 200's regular flex nibs.

Actually the regular flex gold plated 120 is a pretty nice nib, too.

The passed Piembi, who was once the Pelikan Guru here, told me not to chase a '82-90 W.Germany M400 in I'd be disappointed in I was spoiled with my then 140 and 400nn nibs. She was right for line variation, the '50-65 era has very good line variation for semi&maxi with a 3 X max tine spread. I expect my W. Germany 200's nib to be = to the same era's '82-90's gold ones......similar to the later '90's gold to the steel ones.

I do like the regular flex nib for shading, in it's not as wet as semi&maxi-semi-flex. F& M are good shading nibs. M is a good nib width in spite of the prejudice against it learned and 'taught' on the com. Those are at least a 1/2 narrower than modern. Are not fat&blobby, they write with a clear line. Semi-flex requires a better ink to paper match than regular flex for shading....(Got to get a sheen ink....or see if I have some and don't know it. :rolleyes: )

Like the vintage '50-65 era, both vintage&semi-vintage seem to me @ equal in width.

For line variation of course the Semi&Maxi give more and easier. I recommend only the obliques from that era.

Having hopes for my W. Germany 200 OM, but it being regular flex so needs to be mashed to show line variation, so is not worth buying for pure line variation.

It writes well enough but don't do the trick. I had tried 200 Oblique nibs I trans-mailed to a pal in England and was not impressed.

The W.Germany 200, was in a live auction pen lot, and I had hopes the W.Germany nib would have enough spring and tine spread. ..the Ibis made up for my later disappointment, got a OM 400 out of the lot too. :D So there were two winners in the lot....the 200 is pretty enough. A gray ...can't call it quite a shiny swirl...but there is some 'grey pearl' to it.

I always say, because I really don't have enough War and pre'war Obliques, that the only ones worth buying are the '50-65 era.

The newer than '65 obliques are a waste of money for line variance & unless a left hander or left eye dominant where one cants the nib as natural to see the top of the nib.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

Great color, but yet AGAIN in the 200/400 size. If this was a 600, I'd be all over that......

With regard to the nibs, the steel 200 nibs I've tried have been fairly true to size. It's the gold nibs that are fat and blobby, where an F writes like an M (if you're lucky) and an M approaches a BB.

Yes indeed the new color is great, almost a tortoise shell. Would love to see a similar one in black and red swirl!

Sorry for the nib digression but the affordability of the 200 plus makes it's interchangeable nib possibilities a topic that is front and center. Quite frankly, the best German nibs I've found have been on student piston fillers from the 50s. Would that such grinds came from the factory these days.

I'd be willing to bet that any EF nib you get will write closer to a M, with a dry ink maybe an F. And that any line it produces will be dull and characterless on a par with a felt-tip. It's not as though Pelikan does much grooming to the nib point once the tipping is attached. Maybe they actually do fine tune their higher end nibs, I don't know. They certainly don't the 200s as far as I've seen.

Maybe you will like it. I just pegged you as appreciating what nibs were before irridium blobbed nibs became the norm. How far back do you have to go to get an actual good Pelikan nib? The 50s?

Well, I have a relatively new M400 with an EF nib and it's very nice. Would I classify it as narrow as, say, a Japanese EF? No. But that doesn't mean it's a bad nib. And I must say that the M nib on my 1990s M200 is probably finer than that on the 1990s era M400's F nib.....

As for this pen, it's certainly attractive. But I'd have to see the price tag on it. I've already bought a lot of pens this year....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."