• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, Tom! A photo inviting all Montblanc lovers to enjoy and cherish THE PEN. I can imagine BB, OB, and F nibs enclosed in those caps.

~ blottingpaperforlife:

It's very nice for you to share such an encouraging comment.

Thank you. At times it's satisfying to return to the 149, which was my introduction to Montblanc fountain pens.

In this case the caps remained on to emphasize the potential of any 149 to be a cherished high quality writing instrument.

I'm so pleased that you liked the photograph.

Tom K.

Very beautiful!

Is this your entire collection? and what are the nib sizes of these lovely 149s?

~ TripleOne:

Thank you very much for your kind comment.

Yes, the 149s in the image are all on my writing desk.

The oldest 149 was received as a gift over 25 years ago, while the others were all purchased from Montblanc boutiques in Beijing in recent years.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/312503-my-original-montblanc-149-background-and-age-estimation/page-1

In order, from left to right, the 149 nibs shown are as follows:

• Platinum 149 OBBB

• Yellow Gold 149 Bespoke Small Signature (BBBB)

• Yellow Gold 149 OBBB

• 90th Anniversary 149 OBBB

• 90th Anniversary 149 Bespoke EEF

• 90th Anniversary 149 EF

• Late 1980s 149 M

• 90th Anniversary 149 BB

All of them are stellar writers. My experience with Montblanc 149s has been entirely positive.

Tom K.

Tom, your photos made my day. Many thanks.

~ meiers:

Any comment from you is always a special pleasure to receive.

I'm so glad that the images pleased you.

During the years that I've been active in the FPN Montblanc Forum your comments have inspired me with their constructive outlook.

Thank you!

Tom K.

Tom, the Paris Pen looks stunning. I had no idea there was such a MB out there!

~ Toll:

It's so nice of you to write that! Thank you!

If I hadn't read comments by Memorexx and Cyrille, I'd never have realized that such a pen was available.

My lifelong affection for Paris motivated me to take the necessary steps to procure the “Les Splendeurs de Paris” Special Edition Classique pen.

It fits a need on my writing desk. I'm so grateful to those kind friends who facilitated the purchase and shipping.

There are Montblanc pens about which there is limited publicity. It's especially gratifying to be able to share this one with FPN Montblanc Forum friends.

Tom K.

Your pens are beautiful but your dog is adorable.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

That patient, loving look ... you and he are so lucky to have found each other! He is absolutely adorable.

Your pens are beautiful but your dog is adorable.

~ Drawing61:

Thank you so much for your generous comment.

Yubi is flattered that an artist appreciates his visual charm.

His gentle, babyish temperament matches his appearance.

I admire the Rembrandt drawing from the Rijksmuseum which you use on FPN.

That's such a remarkable self-portrait.

Tom K.

I’m in love.

+1

~ Ghost Plane and meiers:

From his arrival in my home in Central China after a long journey from Beijing, Yubi has been the personification of charm.

His personality is sweet-tempered, easygoing, low-key, and gently playful.

The affection he lavishes on yours truly is returned in kind.

I'm richly blessed by his quiet presence and friendly disposition.

Tom K.

That patient, loving look ... you and he are so lucky to have found each other! He is absolutely adorable.

~ empliau:

You see the reality. Yubi and I are so fortunate to have been linked.

Thank you for such astute comments.

Yubi adds grace, humor, zest for life, and a peaceful continuity to my life.

With his presence, any temptation towards ambition fades into contentment.

My petite companion, who asks no more than smiles, scratches, tummy rubs and occasional morsels of steamed chicken breast.

Tom K.

fpn_1530732334__soggy_puppy.jpg

Soggy Puppy

Whenever I see Yubi's face, it reminds me a hedgehog's one.

... and, yes, my big congrats to your newest pen with the beautifully simple nib I have ever seen on an MB pen.

Edited by Zdenek

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Whenever I see Yubi's face, it reminds me a hedgehog's one.

... and, yes, my big congrats to your newest pen with the beautifully simple nib I have ever seen on an MB pen.

~ Zdenek:

Ha! My little hedgehog is flattered to be so described, as local students have called him a “little monkey” and an “aging hippie”.

Thank you for your kind remarks about the Montblanc Classique Special Edition “Les Splendeurs de Paris” M Nib.

It's truly an elegant design emphasizing simplicity of form.

To express my appreciation for your comment and that of Pravda, below are a few images made this morning during a break in the heavy rains here.

Tom K.

fpn_1530852063__understated_nib.jpg

Understated Nib

fpn_1530852567__surrounded_by_parisian_s

Surrounded by Parisian Landmarks

fpn_1530852614__la_tour_eiffel.jpg

La Tour Eiffel

fpn_1530873416__another_academic_year_co

Another Academic Year Completed

~ This afternoon I visited the local Public Security Bureau to apply for the twentieth consecutive one-year “Foreigner Residence Permit”.

It's been a long road to reach the point of application, which only occurs if the result is a foregone conclusion in the affirmative.

Yesterday at 5:30 pm the final class of the 2017 — 2018 academic year was completed, with only determining final course grades to be completed.

This past year has been especially rich with meaning due to the love, companionship and enthusiasm of Zuji, followed by Yubi.

What's been especially rewarding is using Montblanc fountain pens in the classroom, in the field, and at my writing desk.

The consistent quality of the pens, both recent and more than half a century old, has underscored the reliability of Montblanc craftsmanship.

I feel especially fortunate to be surrounded by that which I love, doing work which directly benefits the lives of others.

Tom K.