• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have actually heard that OBBB story from another prominent FPN memeber who recently acquired a skeleton but didnt mention it here (I think).

So he contacted Axel and had it finally resolved.

With Nishants encounter, it seems that its the US boutiques in consistency that are denying those requests for some reason.

I got the OBBB on 2 of my skeletons and I even disliked one and had another sent to me, ie no shortages there.

As for destruction of tools, its a Chinese telephone thing. They DO destroy the seals to mark the limitation number xx/xxxxx but everything else stays in case a customer needs a repair or nib exchange.

It so appears that the problem lies with the US Service Center. The MB Boutique staff had actually sent in the order just as I requested but received pushback from the service center and apparently, Germany.

Fortunately, I got the Axels and bespoke departments email from Pravda and Tom and wrote to them while asking the boutique to hold my order.

Axel replied yesterday am and it looks like copied all the key players at the service center clarifying that O3B is indeed an option for all 149 sized pens. He asked for pens to be sent to Hamburg asap.

Three O3Bs have been ordered :-)

I am one happy man right now. The boutique staff was actually pretty happy as well since they had been fighting the local service center over this as for many days and felt it was a minor victory of sorts since the central powers shook the service center a little lol.

Edited by nishant

It so appears that the problem lies with the US Service Center. The MB Boutique staff had actually sent in the order just as I requested but received pushback from the service center and apparently, Germany.

Fortunately, I got the Axels and bespoke departments email and wrote to them while asking the boutique to hold my order.

Axel replied yesterday am and it looks like copied all the key players at the service center clarifying that O3B is indeed an option for all 149 sized pens. He asked for pens to be sent to Hamburg asap.

I am one happy man right now. The boutique staff was actually pretty happy as well since they had been fighting the local service center over this as well for many days and felt it was a minor victory of sorts since the central powers shook the service center a little lol.

Good news . Congratulations !!!

Happy to hear a positive outcome nishant.

Tom and Pravda must be shadow members of the MB high council on nibs by this point!

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Fortunately, I got the Axels and bespoke departments email from Pravda and Tom and wrote to them while asking the boutique to hold my order.

I am one happy man right now. The boutique staff was actually pretty happy as well since they had been fighting the local service center over this as for many days and felt it was a minor victory of sorts since the central powers shook the service center a little lol.

Awesome - happy to hear it! And if you are comfortable sharing, are those just at the normal nib replacement rates (and not bespoke)? I saw some conversation earlier that they should not be bespoke, but wanted to confirm given the headache this whole process seemed to cause!

And it seems like even normal 149s can get the OBBB treatment, which is great!

After 3 months waiting, I finally received my WE Antoine Saint-Exupéry back with a beautiful OBB nib! Originally, I got this pen from the local MB Boutique with a medium nib, it was a great writer, but after giving it a great deal of thought I decided to get something a little bit more special and personal. This is the first time that I decide to get advantage of the free nib exchange service that Montblanc offers for a few weeks after purchasing the pen. My only other referent to wider Montblanc nibs is a WE Edgar A Poe that I bought second hand and it had an oblique broad nib, but it seems it was grinded by an independent nibmaster, so I wanted to get an original MB oblique double broad, and I was impressed with the results. I’m including a few pictures that show the new shape of the nib and a writing sample.

One of those pictures is actually a little blurry, however I wanted to still post it, as you know, this nib shows the star that Saint-Exupéry draw in Le Petit Prince, and with the ink that I had (MB Elixir Colorist Pourpre) the star kept the burgundy color of the ink. I hope you like them.

post-128869-0-05710000-1529524649_thumb.jpeg

post-128869-0-59244400-1529524663_thumb.jpeg

post-128869-0-43055100-1529524670_thumb.jpg

Edited by crod

Awesome - happy to hear it! And if you are comfortable sharing, are those just at the normal nib replacement rates (and not bespoke)? I saw some conversation earlier that they should not be bespoke, but wanted to confirm given the headache this whole process seemed to cause!

And it seems like even normal 149s can get the OBBB treatment, which is great!

Yes, normal nib replacement rates.

Cheers

After 3 months waiting, I finally received my WE Antoine Saint-Exupéry back with a beautiful OBB nib! Originally, I got this pen from the local MB Boutique with a medium nib, it was a great writer, but after giving it a great deal of thought I decided to get something a little bit more special and personal. This is the first time that I decide to get advantage of the free nib exchange service that Montblanc offers for a few weeks after purchasing the pen. My only other referent to wider Montblanc nibs is a WE Edgar A Poe that I bought second hand and it had an oblique broad nib, but it seems it was grinded by an independent nibmaster, so I wanted to get an original MB oblique double broad, and I was impressed with the results. Im including a few pictures that show the new shape of the nib and a writing sample.

One of those pictures is actually a little blurry, however I wanted to still post it, as you know, this nib shows the star that Saint-Exupéry draw in Le Petit Prince, and with the ink that I had (MB Elixir Colorist Pourpre) the star kept the burgundy color of the ink. I hope you like them.

IMG_0811.jpeg

IMG_0813.jpeg

IMG_0814.jpg

Absolutely love the OBB nib on this handsome pen ! Congratulations..

~ Yesterday morning the Summer Solstice arrived in Central China. The longest day of the year featured mild weather, which Yubi appreciated.

I met with the Dean in the early morning, to hand in a major translation project done with a 90th Anniversary 149 EF nib inked in Montblanc Year of the Dog Red Chine ink.

Although I've already mentioned it, it bears repeating that the Red Chine ink is an exceptional performer in an EF nib when marking papers or a manuscript copy.

Every year a single box arrives from the United States with books for Summer reading. At 7:30 pm last evening, with the Sun still up, the box arrived.

Over one month ago inkstainedtruth posted a comment in the “Dogs and Cats and Pens...Oh My!” photo thread mentioning an Agatha Christie story involving a Pekingese.

Yubi naturally felt that such a book was a high priority, even though there's no Agatha Christie WE pen on my writing desk.

Several books about understanding dogs arrived as well as the latest novels in by two authors I read every year, one of whom is my friend.

To celebrate the box's safe undamaged arrival and the Summer Solstice the rarest of delicacies in these parts, salmon, was prepared with potatoes.

In the evening, the final English Corner of the academic year was held. The students wore T-shirts with a design originally sketched by the WE Schiller Bespoke Sketch nib.

The student standing beside me without an English Corner T-shirt is the current provincial martial arts champion and a close friend to Yubi.

The rest of the evening was devoted to enjoying three matches from the 2018 Russia FIFA World Cup.

What a fine day it was. Summer has arrived in the Northern Hemisphere!

And that isn't all that arrived...

Tom K.

fpn_1529637200__new_titles.jpg

Summer Reading

fpn_1529637309__pekingese.jpg

Yubi Heartily Approves

fpn_1529637368__summers_first_meal.jpg

Summer Solstice Meal

fpn_1529637538__2018_english_corner_grou

2018 English Corner Group

Danish-made Coral Red Montblanc Simplo “4” EF from 1937 – 1946

~ After receiving a pair of Bespoke nibs from Montblanc’s Hamburg design and production studios earlier this Spring I felt fully satisfied.

2018 was a banner year for fountain pens on my writing desk, with nothing further needed.

About two months ago I was contacted by farmdogfan in Denmark, whose pen, bird and dog photography are the highlights of my visits to the FPN Photography section.

He’d made available a Danish-made Coral Red Montblanc 212 EF nib earlier in 2018. It became a favored desk pen for fine detail work requiring a fairly diminutive pen.

He wrote to offer another pen, a Danish-made Coral Red Montblanc Simplo EF from 1937 – 1946. Was I interested? Absolutely!

Due to the increasing barriers and tedious complexity of importing “foreign” products into the area where I work and live, a circuitous route via the United States was necessary.

As farmdogfan was familiar with the indirect shipping logistics needed, all went well, although the pen rested in the eastern United States for more than one month.

Last evening was the Summer Solstice, hence the Sun was up when a box was delivered with the pen included along with books for Summer reading.

It was especially timely, as I was watching a Denmark match in the 2018 Russia FIFA World Cup.

From the first look at the pen, I was delighted. The size works well for me, as I appreciate the advantages of smaller pens in certain types of writing situations.

The images below show the pen’s condition, which is excellent after ¾ of a century. It’s a highly welcome addition to the working pens on my writing desk.

The greatest surprise is the nib, marked “14 Karat” with the number 4 inside of the Montblanc snow star.

The nib is the most responsive EF nib with which I’ve ever written. The feedback is phenomenal, yet the nib has a perceptible solidity which is pleasing to the fingertips.

It writes with grace at high speed, without any skipping or difficulty starting ink flow. I couldn’t be happier to add it to my EF collection.

Much appreciation is owed to farmdogfan, and to my friend Dr. HUANG Xin, for arranging for this lovely writer to reach my writing desk.

Tom K.

fpn_1529649477__carried_to_china_from_th

Carried to China from the United States in This Box

fpn_1529649533__taped_at_both_ends.jpg

Taped at Both Ends

fpn_1529649574__green_bubble-wrap.jpg

Green Bubble-wrap

fpn_1529649633__unwrapped_at_last.jpg

Unwrapped at Last

fpn_1529649672__coral_red.jpg

Coral Red

fpn_1529649704__cap_snow_star.jpg

Cap Snow Star

fpn_1529649736__back_of_the_nib.jpg

Back of the Nib

fpn_1529649775__four_in_a_snow_star.jpg

Four in a Snow Star

fpn_1529649817__coral_red_delight.jpg

Coral Red Delight

fpn_1529649855__original_montblanc_paten

Original Montblanc Patent

fpn_1529649900__danish_eye_candy.jpg

Danish Eye Candy

fpn_1529649939__moody_nib.jpg

Moody Nib

fpn_1529649976__after_seven_decades.jpg

After Seven Decades

fpn_1529650014__straightforward.jpg

Straightforward

fpn_1529650047__business_end.jpg

Business End

fpn_1529650112__4_handwriting_sample.jpg

~ After receiving a pair of Bespoke nibs from Montblanc’s Hamburg design and production studios earlier this Spring I felt fully satisfied.
2018 was a banner year for fountain pens on my writing desk, with nothing further needed.
About two months ago I was contacted by farmdogfan in Denmark, whose pen, bird and dog photography are the highlights of my visits to the FPN Photography section.
He’d made available a Danish-made Coral Red Montblanc 212 EF nib earlier in 2018. It became a favored desk pen for fine detail work requiring a fairly diminutive pen.
He wrote to offer another pen, a Danish-made Coral Red Montblanc Simplo EF from 1937 – 1946. Was I interested? Absolutely!
Due to the increasing barriers and tedious complexity of importing “foreign” products into the area where I work and live, a circuitous route via the United States was necessary.
As farmdogfan was familiar with the indirect shipping logistics needed, all went well, although the pen rested in the eastern United States for more than one month.
Last evening was the Summer Solstice, hence the Sun was up when a box was delivered with the pen included along with books for Summer reading.
It was especially timely, as I was watching a Denmark match in the 2018 Russia FIFA World Cup.
From the first look at the pen, I was delighted. The size works well for me, as I appreciate the advantages of smaller pens in certain types of writing situations.
The images below show the pen’s condition, which is excellent after ¾ of a century. It’s a highly welcome addition to the working pens on my writing desk.
The greatest surprise is the nib, marked “14 Karat” with the number 4 inside of the Montblanc snow star.
The nib is the most responsive EF nib with which I’ve ever written. The feedback is phenomenal, yet the nib has a perceptible solidity which is pleasing to the fingertips.
It writes with grace at high speed, without any skipping or difficulty starting ink flow. I couldn’t be happier to add it to my EF collection.
Much appreciation is owed to farmdogfan, and to my friend Dr. HUANG Xin, for arranging for this lovely writer to reach my writing desk.
Tom K.
fpn_1529649477__carried_to_china_from_th
Carried to China from the United States in This Box
fpn_1529649533__taped_at_both_ends.jpg
Taped at Both Ends
fpn_1529649574__green_bubble-wrap.jpg
Green Bubble-wrap
fpn_1529649633__unwrapped_at_last.jpg
Unwrapped at Last
fpn_1529649672__coral_red.jpg
Coral Red
fpn_1529649704__cap_snow_star.jpg
Cap Snow Star
fpn_1529649736__back_of_the_nib.jpg
Back of the Nib
fpn_1529649775__four_in_a_snow_star.jpg
Four in a Snow Star
fpn_1529649817__coral_red_delight.jpg
Coral Red Delight
fpn_1529649855__original_montblanc_paten
Original Montblanc Patent
fpn_1529649900__danish_eye_candy.jpg
Danish Eye Candy
fpn_1529649939__moody_nib.jpg
Moody Nib
fpn_1529649976__after_seven_decades.jpg
After Seven Decades
fpn_1529650014__straightforward.jpg
Straightforward
fpn_1529650047__business_end.jpg
Business End
fpn_1529650112__4_handwriting_sample.jpg

Congratulations Tom for becoming the proud owner of yet another beautiful instrument. May you enjoy it for ever !!!

Congratulations Tom for becoming the proud owner of yet another beautiful instrument. May you enjoy it for ever !!!

~ amitoberai:

Thank you very much for very kind wishes.

It's a real joy in the hand, as the excellent feedback and sensitivity to fingertip pressure is far above average.

Such a high quality writer is further evidence of Montblanc's many decades of excellence in fountain pen design and craftsmanship.

Tom K.

Tom, congratulations on a gorgeous pen!

The MB Coral Red pens are among the most beautiful out there, in my opinion.

If I may ask, how does the size of the pen compare to a 146?

fpn_1529696105__capped_pair.jpg

fpn_1529696142__uncapped_pair.jpg

~ Lam1:

Thank you so much! It's truly a lovely pen.

Until they arrived on my writing desk, I had no idea how lovely the Danish-made Coral Red pens are.

Now that there are two of them, they brighten up the otherwise black precious resin which predominates.

Tom K.

Thank you, Tom.

That is very helpful!

The Coral seems to have a nice size.

~ Lam1:

You're most welcome.

Images are the most convincing evidence in replying to certain questions.

The size is excellent. I own only one 146, a B nib, so it was pressed into service as a comparison.

Tom K.

Tom K.

What a cool looking pen. Congrats!

What a cool looking pen. Congrats!

~ flipper_gv:

Thank you very much!

It's really a terrific writer.

Tom K.