• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41146762965_f0f57dc54e_z.jpg

~ _InkyFingers:

Thank you for posting such a wonderful thought written with a lovely pen.

To truly love someone, or anything, is to savor the smallest details, no?

I love the pen, which resembles a 221, yet has a cap like a 72.

Not knowing vintage Montblancs, I'm unfamiliar with it, but admire its elegance and simplicity.

Tom K.

Warm fuzzies

~ Ghost Plane:

Indeed.

Yubi is the living epitome of warm fuzzies, except after a bath, as this morning.

Tom K.

Tom--

Congratulations on the renewal of your contract. It's a delight to see another photo of Yubi.

Jay

~ Hi, Jay!

Thank you so much!

I've added a couple of post-bath images of Yubi.

He's drying out well without any tangles or mats.

This country requires annual contract renewals and medical checks, without any certainty.

The university is in the process of negotiating with regional authorities for a full year contract, past January, 2019.

As I'll turn 65 on 4 November, objections have been raised. Whatever the outcome, I'm grateful for the university's support.

Tom K.

I love the new Yubi photos! Windblown Yubi is especially cute. Such a good boy!

~ empliau:

It's so nice of you to notice Yubi.

He's a sweet-tempered, easy-to-please puppy.

During this morning's bath, he was relaxed and cooperative, despite it being a less than comfortable experience at times.

He looks up with limpid eyes, asking what the next bit of fun might be.

He's come to terms with Tom at the writing desk, quietly resting, watching me using fountain pens.

An ideal writing companion!

Tom K.

Sorry to reopen a sad subject, but now that Yubi is walking outside, what measures are you taking to protect him from Zuji's unfortunate fate?

~ BlueJ and meiers:

Yubi isn't yet agreeable to walks. He more or less stays at my feet, not straying at all.

Unlike Zuji, his temperament is fairly docile, seemingly uninterested in exploration of any sort.

There'll be no after dark walks, as the one time that happened was when Zuji was poisoned.

I'll keep him on short leash except when walking on pavement, limiting his ability to go under tree branches where poison bait is hidden.

After the tragedy of Zuji, my awareness is heightened. Yubi is such a babyish puppy, that he needs maximum supervision outside.

He's a delight in all respects. I've been blessed to have him enter my home and life.

Tom K.

fpn_1526288157__gold_dust.jpg

Gold Dust

fpn_1526288197__the_east_is_red_were_tol

The East Is Red We’re Told

fpn_1526288236__colors_together.jpg

Colors Together

We love you too, Tom.

~ niksch:

Thank you so much.

Being a regular part of FPN's Montblanc Forum is an ongoing master class in humility, tolerance, acceptance and careful listening to others.

The diversity of viewpoints, the global cultures represented, the varying levels of hands-on experience — it's an education through every post in all of the threads.

I've appreciated the remarkable patience of more seasoned members in responding to similar questions, month after month.

Regular reading of all threads has increased my understanding, although I'm little more than a Johnny-come-lately to fine fountain pens.

Nevertheless, it's never too late to learn, hence the FPN Montblanc Forum is by-and-large a positive experience.

Tom K.

Belated congratulations Tom, on a fabulous achievement and career milestone. I hope that something suitable will be purchased to mark the event? :)

~ da vinci:

It's very nice of you to offer such kind thoughts.

In the country where I work and live, it's unheard of for “foreigners” to be allowed to teach in universities for twenty consecutive years.

I'm grateful that circumstances were such that it was possible, as it's been deeply satisfying to teach about ecology and conservation to students here.

Something special may reach me in late June. That would be a delightful way to mark this career milestone.

I'll be sure to post images if it arrives.

Ha! I ought to consider another Classique!

Tom K.

Tom, congratulations on your contract. That is quite an achievement!

Yubi is absolutely lovely! Such a cute little guy!

I'm enjoying my latest arrival, a Blue hour with an oblique broad nib

It was a bit of a surprise to see the OB nib, since I ordered a BB. But, since when I bought it I hesitated between the BB and an OB, all is well!

~ Lam1:

Wow! Your Blue Hour arrived!

Thank you so much for posting the generous assortment of images.

I've never seen such excellent detail photos of the Blue Hour, bringing out its high quality craftsmanship.

For those who've considered a Blue Hour, your image set may be convincing.

An OB nib? That's a very pleasing choice, even if it wasn't really what you'd decided on.

The nib close-up — Oh my goodness! Such a beautiful photo of a stunning nib.

The handwriting sample shows what the OB nib does. Very, very nice.

The pen itself looks great against the musical note background, on the Visconti stand.

Both the blue lacquer and the precious metal work are shown with skill in your images.

The color is true. It's one of the loveliest Montblanc designs in many years.

Yubi remains a wonderful writing parter. He's so low-key and affectionate.

Now that the contract has been approved by the regional authorities for an extension until January, 2019, the university is seeking to have it further extended to July, 2019.

No matter what the outcome may be, I feel especially fortunate to have worked as a guest here for two decades.

Tom K.

~ There have been a couple of posts in other threads which made a strong impression on me.

Their insight is acute, such that it seemed desirable to highlight them in this thread.

I’ll also post a comment that I made concerning waiting for Montblanc to release products.

Tom K.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/335874-montblanc-service-or-nib-exchange/page-2 Post #25

fpn_1526295294__grey.png

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/336094-cleaning-montblancs/ Post #2

fpn_1526295496__clean.png

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/336018-mb-james-dean/page-1 Post #16

fpn_1526295786__waiting.png

Beautiful sentiments and photographs, Tom. Each of your posts enriches us about some aspect of handwriting, fountain pens, nibs, dogs, photography, and simply being a genuine person. Thank you, sir, for all you contribute.

fpn_1526297588__149.jpg

~ da vinci:

It's very nice of you to offer such kind thoughts.

In the country where I work and live, it's unheard of for “foreigners” to be allowed to teach in universities for twenty consecutive years.

I'm grateful that circumstances were such that it was possible, as it's been deeply satisfying to teach about ecology and conservation to students here.

Something special may reach me in late June. That would be a delightful way to mark this career milestone.

I'll be sure to post images if it arrives.

Ha! I ought to consider another Classique!

Tom K.

There is an exception to ever rule Tom...glad it's you this time.

I don't think MB made a "20 year" anniversary Classique, and even you are a little young for the 75 or 90 year commemorations- but you might consider a writers edition from 1998 - the Edgar Allan Poe. A fabulous pen!