Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

GP, in all seriousness, I have an early 1960s 3B 149. I've fixed it all up, and I've been tweaking the flow, but I need a good No SH% writer/tester. Will you volunteer?

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Uncle Phil! how are the kids and the Missus?

PS- thanks for the cookies :D

That's F'n awesome!

Thank a Veteran.

GP, in all seriousness, I have an early 1960s 3B 149. I've fixed it all up, and I've been tweaking the flow, but I need a good No SH% writer/tester. Will you volunteer?

Um hello... I am available. :) Would be curious to compare it to my other 149s, including my 1970s 3B and 1960s BB nibs.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Third in line behind zaddick - I have experience with Pelikan 70s italic nibs, Pelikan 50s BB, Nakaya BB stub and cursive italic, and Omas BB cursive italic. Do I qualify?

I guess sleeping late makes me 4th in line to try it... :)

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Hell yeah!

post-6430-0-78014300-1525044305_thumb.jpeg

Ghost Plane and I have this weird FP relationship that goes back a decade or so. So the back story is the she's basically my sister that no one knew about until we matched on our first traded pens on FPN. I (bleep) you not.

So yeah, all ya'll will need to take a back seat!

Thank a Veteran.

fpn_1525080406__comparison_of_two_large_

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the trouble for doing this. The small signature seems to be quite useable for regular everyday writing. This just cemented my resolve to get a signature nib for myself.

Thanks once again for this image.

Cheers.

I really like the 32 with the different nib styles. Was the EEF a standard nib option back then?

The 32 was my favorite writing pen during school and I have taken most final exams with it.

Besides that it was the personal pen of my dad which he gave to me many years ago so it has a special place in my collection. It has a lovely OM or even OB nib.

Cheers

Michael

I really like the 32 with the different nib styles. Was the EEF a standard nib option back then?

The 32 was my favorite writing pen during school and I have taken most final exams with it.

Besides that it was the personal pen of my dad which he gave to me many years ago so it has a special place in my collection. It has a lovely OM or even OB nib.

Cheers

Michael

I agree and think that the 1x/2x/3x series is very under-rated. The nibs are fantastic.

Thank a Veteran.

fpn_1525080406__comparison_of_two_large_

Thanks so much for the side by side comparison! It really helps me as a newbie visualize the difference between these two nibs!

I was just wondering this morning (after finally realizing that a "Small Signature" was actually quite broad), how it would look next to an OBBB!

Tom - thank you for the writing comparison. If you have the time at some point, a more direct comparison would be much appreciated by me. Here is what I would find helpful to see:

1. The same sentence written one over the top of the other, like two lines on the paper, so I can see vertical comparisons of words using the two nibs.

2. A series of vertical, horizontal, and diagonal strokes, side-by-side

This more direct comparison of "apples to apples" would be helpful for someone visual like me.

In your example above, it looks like the O3B gives a bolder line, but it is likely the angle of the nib when writing that is causing this effect. It would help me refine which width of signature nib to consider.

Here is a visual representation of what I am requesting with two nibs I happen to have inked.

fpn_1525104406__20180430_085446_resized.

Please only consider this request when you have time to spare for such a persnickety person! :)

It has finally arrived...

fpn_1525104951__tip_top_2.jpg

O3B in all its glory

fpn_1525104978__underside.jpg

Already inked up and running about the papers on my desk.

Wtih apologies to Lewis Carroll for the editing...

“And hast thou slain MB service's "no"?
Come to my arms, my beamish pen!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.