• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1523711541__flowers_for_zuji.jpg

Flowers for Zuji

~ Above Zuji’s sunporch rest area are south-facing windows. A long planter is filled with potted pelargonium of many varieties. They're remarkably hardy, blooming into Winter cold in January.

When Zuji was a tiny puppy I’d hold him up to see the flowers, as his veterinarian suggested that he shouldn't go outside until an older age due to the many hazards around the campus.

That imprinted in Zuji's mind a love for foliage and flowers. He never nibbled on them, but regularly sniffed them when outdoors, seemingly enjoying the fragrance of vegetative life.

After a prolonged sleep, I cleaned the house today, storing everything related to Zuji in a corner of his sunporch rest area. It was an emotional time with numerous reminders of his life.

Outside the window the pelargonium were in vibrant bloom, with half a dozen varieties covered with bloom stalks. It's a sight which Zuji would have enjoyed seeing and sniffing.

The FPN community here in the Montblanc Forum have been wonderfully supportive. I'll treasure the memory of your sensitivity and kindness as a reflection of the goodness of fountain pen users worldwide.

I'm not doing as well as usual, as this transition is one which cuts to the quick of my heart. My thinking and memory are jarred, as memories of good times with Zuji are foremost in my thoughts.

There were requests for more detailed images of the Monotone Yellow Gold 149 Bespoke Small Signature nib, therefore I've posted a few more photos above.

I'd never imagined that the “Lion Pen” would first see use in writing my appreciation who shared my sadness and grief at the untimely passing of the small “lion dog” in my household.

The Bespoke Small Signature nib writes so well that I'm uncertain how to meaningfully convey it's many strengths. When I feel more settled, I'll say more about it as a writer.

For now I'll read for a few days, to restore my internal equilibrium. If I delay responses, it's due the need to rest and come to terms with the altered reality of my daily life.

With Much Appreciation to All,

Tom K.

Tom,

I’m sorry to read of the loss of Zuji. Perhaps the arrival of the new nib will be a bit of a much needed and fortuitous distraction at this time.

Mike

Tom, my sincere condolences on your loss. I know you will treasure Zuji's memory, who will continue to be fondly remembered through your many excellent pictures of Zuji on this thread. My thoughts are with you.

Dear Tom,

I was away from the forums for a day and on my return, instead of thrilling to see your bespoke nib, I am so saddened for you. I adored Zuji from a distance. I have always loved pugs, and your photographs brought him to life for us. Your posts were eloquent testimonies to your love for him, and it was clear he was a constant presence and joyous sharer of your life. That from puppyhood he learned to be patient with your peculiar wishes to do something other than play (an eternal mystery to the canine mind) shows what a wonderful and understanding companion he was. I have a Cavalier King Charles and the relationship with a small dog is so special. (My husband vetoed a pug, so a Cavalier it was, and is.)

The platitudes are true - that with time it will get better, that when your heart is more ready, another puppy can have its own loving and wonderful place, - but that truth can't stop the pain. Be kind to yourself, and let Zuji's happy life comfort you. You did what was best for him, in life and, despite your own heartbreak, at the end. I grieve for and with you.

Bless every wrinkle on his sweet face.

Molly

Tom, I just logged in into your usually festive thread, filled with wonder, with images and with the ever joyous zuji.

What a somber set of posts, so sorry for your loss.

New pens, new toys, they shall never cover the holes by those who no longer are whole with us. I am glad for your pens, but join you in the mourning.

I am so sad to read the news of Zuji's passing. Tom, you shared him so well and often with us that it doesn't feel like you live half a world away.

Our small friends bring us such joy, I hope memories of happy times with him bring you some comfort now, and in the days to come.

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)

Tom--

Having been preoccupied with a medical meeting for the last few days, I just now learned of Zuji's passing. What a tremendous loss for you, and for all of us who had gotten to know him through your expert photography. He brought joy to you and to all of us.

My wife and I had an identical experience. We had the most magnificent of Siamese cats. His name was Zuzu. He had quite the personality, and talked a lot, as some Siamese do. Unfortunately, he demanded to have the run of the neighborhood. Everyone loved him, but somehow he encountered some rat poison or antifreeze, and he met his end in the same way as Zuji.

Please accept my deepest condolences.

Jay

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Very sad to come in tonight and read this. Cathy and I are so sorry Tom.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Dear Tom

With great regret I read your news about Zuji.

I send you a great greeting in the distance.

When I entered FPN and started reading the posts of my interest, they immediately highlighted some posts that, in addition to the careful way in which they were edited and presented, stood out because their author was always able to highlight something good and deliver a positive comment.

I can only say that a person who always sees the positive in people can not life but give him the same, one way or another, and one of those has been with the sweetie that your friends have supported you at this time .

Thanks for giving us so much good.

Much encouragement, Dear Tom.

Feamat

Dear Tom,

My wife and I are so sorry for your loss.

We have followed Zuji's adventures for the last few months (too few, for he was just a puppy) and we are deeply saddened to learn of his passing. Our thoughts are with you.

Luiz

Edited by Lam1

I am very sorry to hear Tom, I can’t imagine how you must be feeling currently! If there is anything we as a community can do to ease your pain, please do not hesitate to ask!!

My nib swap took two weeks and only cost €150 and they cleaned and polished the pen. I didn't get my old nib back though, but at that price I'm not going to complain.

It's wet, has a very nice variation, a true pleasure to write with. I'm in double broad heaven.

What ink are you using in your Heritage 1912 with an OB nib? There is a fair degree of shading going on

MB twilight blue.

Usually I fill it with MB midnight blue. The shading effect is similar with either ink.

About MB nib expert Axel Nier whom Tom mentioned frequently: http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/home-design/good-tip-for-writing

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill