Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Tom Kellie

Thank you for the hand written response.

The blue ink window is growing on me, is the 342 the only one to have it?

Are the 342 more shiny than the other models?

OTOH, glad you are enjoying the OBB nib and, IMO, you will use it more than the OBBB.

A fine acquisition, indeed. :thumbup:

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

fpn_1543571772__from_the_1950s.jpg

From the 1950s

B...BB...OF...OBB

They're so simple and classic.... But why are these pens so BEAUTIFUL??

Thanks for posting!

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

Tom, I can see the grin on your face all the over here in Rattlesnake Junction :D Enjoy them!

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Tom, I can see the grin on your face all the way over here in Rattlesnake Junction :D Enjoy them!

I have a feeling the OBB will push the OBBB into semi retirement. :D

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

fpn_1543465378__strawberries_and_gleam.j

Strawberries and Gleam

What a beautiful photo of one of the nicest and most distinctive Montblancs that you and I both own! The strawberries are as magnificent as the pen!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Tom, I can see the grin on your face all the over here in Rattlesnake Junction :D Enjoy them!

~ BillH:

Thank you!

This small-sized pen packs so much fun into a lightweight package.

One of the most satisfying writers on my writing desk.

Tom K.

I have a feeling the OBB will push the OBBB into semi retirement. :D

~ 1nkulus:

At present, two OBBBs are inked and used.

They're not photographed as much because they've had their turn, so they defer to the new arrival.

The Platinum 149 OBBB inked in Montblanc Burgundy Red is a stalwart writer.

On my writing desk, there's not much replacement, but rather addition.

In classes here, I often explain to students that much of life isn't a zero-sum game.

In other words, it's not “A or B”, but more frequently “A and B”.

Thus with the Montblanc fountain pen nibs which are inked and ready to express my thoughts and feelings.

Tom K.

What a beautiful photo of one of the nicest and most distinctive Montblancs that you and I both own! The strawberries are as magnificent as the pen!

~ jmccarty3:

That's so nice of you to write that.

Thank you!

The 1266 is remarkably photogenic, as the clean lines and understated elegance love a camera lens.

Local late season strawberries have been especially fine.

That's their actual color, as is the tangerine in a later image posted above.

The strawberries are so vibrantly red and the tangerine peel looks artificial, yet its red-orange hue is genuine.

Tom K.

On my writing desk, there's not much replacement, but rather addition.

In classes here, I often explain to students that much of life isn't a zero-sum game.

In other words, it's not “A or B”, but more frequently “A and B”.

Thus with the Montblanc fountain pen nibs which are inked and ready to express my thoughts and feelings.

Tom K.

Agreed.

As for 'A and B', my prediction still remains that 'A' (OBB) will be used more than 'B' (OBBB) even though both are inked and ready to serve. :D

OTOH, stop posting pics of the 1266 if you are not going to let me borrow it. :puddle:

Engineer :

Tom, as per your request. Here is a photo of my 342G, DO, my only pen with an oblique nib. When I saw this pen at the Baltimore Pen Show I was captivated by the blue cap top. I have been told that the blue top was to set the pen apart from others on a desk in terms of the nibs suitability for use with carbon paper.

post-22656-0-80567900-1543761151_thumb.jpeg

post-22656-0-82167000-1543761186_thumb.jpeg

~ 1nkulus:

Ha! You may know best.

Both the OBBB and the OBB nibs are great writers.

As to the 1266, what might be said?

It's a joy to hold and use as a writer.

There are 1266s available as a friend pointed me to one with an EF nib.

Tom K.

Edited by Tom Kellie