Enjoying Montblanc Pens — Broad, Oblique, Extra Fine, Le & Bespoke

Tom Kellie

Tom - I was reading some of your positive posts this morning on the desktop/browser version of FPN and it suddenly dawned on me it is time to update your profile description! You have moved a step beyond O3B. It should read

From EEF to BBBB

or

From EEF to 4B Signature

Hopefully your new writing partner Yubi affords you the time to update this outdated info. :)

~ zaddick:

Consider it done.

Ha! It's raining at 4 am here.

Yubi was just greeted in the darkness with a tiny handful of kibble.

I could feel his tail wagging in happiness...which seems to be his default mode.

Thank you for opening my eyes with the great suggestion!

Tom K.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• zaddick

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

~ Zdenek:

During the quiet week away from FPN, I used fountain pens, which were comforting in their reliability.

Writing by hand - using a fountain pen - is something like meditation. Meditation is a healing process. So let's write with joy.

Take care.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nancyolson/2016/05/15/three-ways-that-writing-with-a-pen-positively-affects-your-brain/#6e3bd2f45705

Edited by Zdenek

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

Writing by hand - using a fountain pen - is something like meditation. Meditation is a healing process. So let's write with joy.

Take care.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nancyolson/2016/05/15/three-ways-that-writing-with-a-pen-positively-affects-your-brain/#6e3bd2f45705

fpn_1524606721__zdenek_meditation.jpg

fpn_1524606751__settled_in_after_arrival

Settled In On His First Night

fpn_1524606791__first_inspection.jpg

Yubi's Initial Inspection of His New Quarters

fpn_1524606721__zdenek_meditation.jpg

fpn_1524606751__settled_in_after_arrival

Settled In On His First Night

Tom, you have a mail with some articles on handwriting.

Yubi is a sweet furry ball. :)

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons." – General D. MacArthur

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – W. Churchill

~ From September 2013, these images were made of my first-ever Montblanc purchase.

I'd received a 149 several decades earlier, but hadn't ever used it. Once the pleasure

of writing with a 149 was experienced, I went to a Beijing Montblanc boutique and

purchased a 149. It's now the monotone Yellow Gold Bespoke Small Signature.

Happy memories of the first steps along the Montblanc road...

fpn_1524686976__mont_blanc_bag.jpg

Montblanc Bag

fpn_1524687018__mystery_black.jpg

Mystery Black

fpn_1524687053__pen_clip.jpg

Pen Clip

Loving your posts about Zubi, Tom. You have inspired me to click a picture of my POA Pompadour 4810 dipped in Swan Illusion ink. Life is best lived in grey and hence, I tend not to let any shade of grey pass. I came across a beautifully written letter by the great Tchaikovsky and instantly kicked myself for not courting a counteroffer on the Tchaikovsky Skeleton on the bay this am. Wonder if there will be a better deal next time.

BTW, I believe that Pompadour is completely underrated at present prices. Its heft provides the much needed balance when writing for a longer period of time .. I am certainly enjoying mine.

post-79857-0-50490600-1524711694_thumb.jpeg

Edited by nishant

Happiness is a wonderful thing.

~ Ghost Plane:

With the wonderful Montblanc pens on my desk, and winsome Yubi on the floor, happiness pervades my household.

Tom K.

I love that Yubi's paws look as if he has just trod in black ink...

~ empliau:

Yes!

His name is inspired by his black-ink dipped feet, tail tip and ear tips.

御笔, ‘Yubi’, the emperor's brush pen.

His sable-like fur lightly dipped in the deepest black ink.

Tom K.

Loving your posts about Zubi, Tom. You have inspired me to click a picture of my POA Pompadour 4810 dipped in Swan Illusion ink. Life is best lived in grey and hence, I tend not to let any shade of grey pass. I came across a beautifully written letter by the great Tchaikovsky and instantly kicked myself for not courting a counteroffer on the Tchaikovsky Skeleton on the bay this am. Wonder if there will be a better deal next time.

BTW, I believe that Pompadour is completely underrated at present prices. Its heft provides the much needed balance when writing for a longer period of time .. I am certainly enjoying mine.

~ nishant:

Your post and image are both a joy to see.

Thank you for posting the Tchaikovsky letter in Swan Illusion ink.

I've used that ink in the recently arrived monotone Yellow Gold 149 Bespoke Small Signature.

The effect is lovely, with the sort of restrained, quiet elegance which I admire.

I'm moved to see the fine image of your PoA Marquise de Pompadour.

My own has moved to the top of my list of writers due to the heft that you've mentioned.

I wish that our FPN Montblanc Forum friends were able to write for five minutes with the Pompadour.

That added, concentrated weight does indeed provide exceptional balance, thereby facilitating longer writing periods.

The Pompadour may well be underrated at any price. It's not a all a frilly pen, but rather is sturdy, like the crossed Meissen swords.

I'd never imagined that a Patron of Art pen would turn out to be such an enjoyable daily writer.

Your image and the Tchaikovsky letter capture the special spirit of the pen.

Below is a portrait made one hour ago of another admirer of the PoA Marquise de Pompadour.

With Appreciation,

Tom K.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/334985-montblanc-le-petit-prince/page-9?do=findComment&comment=4046776 Post #174

fpn_1524783090__zaddick_post.png

~ The post by zaddick above is posted here because it succinctly and clearly explains the distinction between Special and Limited fountain pen editions.

Such to-the-point explanatory eloquence is a skill which I admire.

Would that the students in my courses shared zaddick's clarity of thought.

Tom K.

I'm so sad that I can't visit Yubi in person!

-- Joel -- "I collect expensive and time-consuming hobbies."

INK (noun): A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic and water,

chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.

(from The Devil's Dictionary, by Ambrose Bierce)