Week #44 / 29 Oct: Trick Or Treat - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

Halloween is coming this week. Happy Halloween to all!

As usual, don't forget to share with us your choice of ink, your writing, drawing, doodling or anything with the ink in this thread. You can take a photo, make a scan, or even better, write letters and CRV reviews (what is a CRV?) and mail them to the many ink pals here. You are welcome to check back on this thread even when we've gone past this week.

Click here to read more about this community project. Links to the two previous links can be found there too.

---------

Next week: My Significant Other

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• Tas

• lgsoltek

• namrehsnoom

Here's proof that they'll let any idiot have a water brush... Mnemosyne paper, Akkerman Oranje Boven (in TWSBI Eco EF), Diamine Classic Green (in Waterman Laureat F) and a little Thornton's yellow (disposable):

http://www.paradoxcommunity.com/vps/44Halloween.jpg

I hope you all enjoy this holiday which so sneakily teaches children to be extortioners and beggars, while responsibly keeping candy-makers, dentists, doctors, and diabetic supply companies in business... ;) :: bwa ha ha ha haaaaaa ::

Edited by LizEF

Here's proof that they'll let any idiot have a water brush... Mnemosyne paper, Akkerman Oranje Boven (in TWSBI Eco EF), Diamine Classic Green (in Waterman Laureat F) and a little Thornton's yellow (disposable):

http://www.paradoxcommunity.com/vps/44Halloween.jpg

I hope you all enjoy this holiday which so sneakily teaches children to be extortioners and beggars, while responsibly keeping candy-makers, dentists, doctors, and diabetic supply companies in business... ;) :: bwa ha ha ha haaaaaa ::

I dunno -- one of my neighbors growing up always gave mini-tubes of toothpaste! Don't remember the brand, only that it wasn't what my parents bought, and that it tasted good.

And I collected pennies for UNICEF (well as well as getting candy...).

Actually had more fun with the holiday when I was in college -- one year for the Halloween mixer I went as Morticia Addams, and another time I went as a beer can. Although the best one was actually for a spring mixer -- the Mad Hatter's Ball -- when I was a freshman. I wrapped myself in a couple of big fringed shawls and did a ribbon thing for my head and wore shoes with chunky heels and went as a flapper. Won a prize for "Best Lack of Costume"! Afterwards, my friends and I went to a dive bar just off campus and ran into a classmate in the ladies room and she was going "OMG! I'm so embarrassed for you!" and I said "WHY? I'm not! And I won a prize!" Although I never actually collected it. :( It was a gift certificate to a record store a couple of towns over and I had no way to get to the place -- none of my friends had cars at the time.

The best costumes were generally done by the Industrial Design majors -- I think that was the same mixer that a bunch of them went as parts of the Concorde (one person was the wing, one person was the nose and cockpit, etc). Although another year my brother and his friends won "Most Science Fiction Looking" -- they wore sunglasses and matching yellow raincoats and went as Devo (one of my brother's favorite bands at the time).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

When I was a child, my sister and I went around and collected candy, but it wasn't for us to keep. My parents put it all in coffee cans and gave it out to trick-or-treaters the following year.

The oddest Halloween giveaway I remember is that some neighbors gave out balloons that read, "Support your local police."

When I was a child, my sister and I went around and collected candy, but it wasn't for us to keep. My parents put it all in coffee cans and gave it out to trick-or-treaters the following year.

The oddest Halloween giveaway I remember is that some neighbors gave out balloons that read, "Support your local police."

Could be a candy loop!

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zei1co.jpg

I dunno -- one of my neighbors growing up always gave mini-tubes of toothpaste! Don't remember the brand, only that it wasn't what my parents bought, and that it tasted good.

And I collected pennies for UNICEF (well as well as getting candy...).

Actually had more fun with the holiday when I was in college -- one year for the Halloween mixer I went as Morticia Addams, and another time I went as a beer can. Although the best one was actually for a spring mixer -- the Mad Hatter's Ball -- when I was a freshman. I wrapped myself in a couple of big fringed shawls and did a ribbon thing for my head and wore shoes with chunky heels and went as a flapper. Won a prize for "Best Lack of Costume"! Afterwards, my friends and I went to a dive bar just off campus and ran into a classmate in the ladies room and she was going "OMG! I'm so embarrassed for you!" and I said "WHY? I'm not! And I won a prize!" Although I never actually collected it. :( It was a gift certificate to a record store a couple of towns over and I had no way to get to the place -- none of my friends had cars at the time.

The best costumes were generally done by the Industrial Design majors -- I think that was the same mixer that a bunch of them went as parts of the Concorde (one person was the wing, one person was the nose and cockpit, etc). Although another year my brother and his friends won "Most Science Fiction Looking" -- they wore sunglasses and matching yellow raincoats and went as Devo (one of my brother's favorite bands at the time).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Thanks for the fun stories, Ruth. I hope you know I was just teasing. :) I think Halloween is mostly harmless - I certainly enjoyed it as a child.

fpn_1509470224__20171029_-_trick_or_trea

For this week, granny Wheatherfax comes to mind - you know - the first witch of the Lancre coven. She learned her craft from Nanny Gripes, who learned it from Goody Heggety, who got it from Nanna Plumb, who was taught it by Black Aliss... (as eloquently explained by Terry Pratchett in "Lords and Ladies")

fpn_1509470224__20171029_-_trick_or_trea

For this week, granny Wheatherfax comes to mind - you know - the first witch of the Lancre coven. She learned her craft from Nanny Gripes, who learned it from Goody Heggety, who got it from Nanna Plumb, who was taught it by Black Aliss... (as eloquently explained by Terry Pratchett in "Lords and Ladies")

Wonderful choice of color! Very handsome!

As always I am the answer the door and give out candy designee this year. It's about time to call it a night. I haven't seen anyone since about 8:10 or so. (It's 8:35)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I've used too many orange inks in the past weeks. This week I'm using a colour that plays tricks on your mind: green or brown? And it coincides with Scriptus 2017!

Tricky ink indeed. Thanks for the treat ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Eeeww.

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_week_44_diamine_earl_grey.jpg

Ink: Diamine Earl Grey
(should have used an EF to emphasise the hairs more but Earl Grey was already loaded in the TWSBI M nib)

Eeeww.

[flea drawing]

Ink: Diamine Earl Grey

(should have used an EF to emphasise the hairs more but Earl Grey was already loaded in the TWSBI M nib)

Holy flea, Batman! Er, I mean, Tas! That's amazing! (And yeah, kinda ewww.)