Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Here is a photo of the Title IX Field Notes, and a peak at the African Daisy stamps for @AmandaW

D1F618AC-BEFA-4FD0-9C30-B100924AFEB1.jpeg

Thankyou. I wanted to reciprocate with a picture of my African daisies, but I just peaked out the window and there are no flowers to be seen anywhere. Wrong season. They have flowered all through the Spring and Summer oblivious to the heat and drought, but now there are just ratty looking plants, so I shall enjoy the picture of your stamps instead.

Will work for pens... :unsure:

@AmandaW  I got a start on a letter to you, but need to get back to it. It will have one of those stamps on it when it arrives. 

Posted Image

One of the notebooks I ordered arrived today. It is a Delfonics Rollbahn planet series, pocket sized notebook. The paper has a yellow tone, with 5mm graph.  There are 5 clear slip pockets in the back for loose items like receipts, a note, stamps. 

8827F5B8-FAF1-4B66-80FC-13031D5F63DE.png

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Box from a pen store showed up today and I didn't recall having  any outstanding orders.  It was a Rhodia lined notebook with nothing else, so I must have picked it up to top off an order.

I can't remember if I bought this for myself or to go in an Easter basket. 

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

I ordered 3 Clairefontaine a5 dotted notebooks for bullet journalling because i gave up looking locally.  I tried two stores and confirmed for myself that their website tells porkies.

And that was how many i needed to order to qualify for free shipping.  Yeah, i will use that many. Eventually.

58 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

Box from a pen store showed up today and I didn't recall having  any outstanding orders.  It was a Rhodia lined notebook with nothing else, so I must have picked it up to top off an order.

I can't remember if I bought this for myself or to go in an Easter basket. 

You could use it to note down things you order. :D

46 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

You could use it to note down things you order. :D

🤣

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

I received the Roterfaden Taschenbegleiter and Delfonics Rollbahn notebook recently. Here they are in the photo. The Roterfaden cover is on the left, A6 size, filled with 3 Field Notes notebooks. The Rollbahn turned out to be B6, but for some reason I was expecting a B5 size. Guess I didn’t read the sizing.  Still, someday it will get used.

CFF41E72-E1A4-4102-8BA0-4D041F9896B8.jpeg

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I bought four fill-in-the-blank journals at Walmart last week. I didn't need any of them, but yet I totally did.

This journal because it's got a cute reusable cover. It's scheduled for delivery today! I have added a couple more reusable cover notebooks to my wishlist. 

And a tiny 80 page hardcover lined notebook with an elastic closure from the dollar store for my purse this morning. It works well with the fps I have, but I'm going to be using it with a gel pen mostly probably. I don't write while I'm out enough to justify a FP in my purse. The ink would dry up.

I have about five different notebooks in my desk. I had more, but I donated them because I didn't use them. Now that writing isn't painful for me writing is a pleasure again and I can use notebooks! 

I always go down the stationary aisle at the pharmacy and any other store I go to. I don't have an office supply store in my town anymore, which I hate, so I'm limited to occasional trips to DFW and online.

• 2 weeks later...

large.20220425_017.jpg.5f13f4d9e618627c886303318b902ef1.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Green "Wednesday" Field Notes arrived today along with a 3 pak of carpenter pencils. 

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I'm embarrassed to say that I spelled Stationery incorrectly, but if I think about it being stuck in the stationery caboose, it is probably ok.  :)

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I ordered from Paper Penguin on Etsy. The A5 size notebook is filled with Cosmo Air Snow paper. I have another of that size, Kraft brown cover with Cosmo Air Light paper. The Snow version is white paper, while the Light is a cream color. 

The other two notebooks are reading journals, and the paper is 40 pages (20 front and back sheets) of ultra bright white premium 32lb bond / 80lb text paper.  The sizes are for a regular size Travelers Notebook, and personal size for the Midori Pouch Diary cover I have.  I also got a sample of papers.  large.9B4FB4A2-3683-4A62-B83B-69F1FB5B396D.jpeg.bb999af82c3393b142a4bd3ce4a92bba.jpeg

Posted Image

10 minutes ago, Misfit said:

The other two notebooks are reading journals

I use an app. And missing  the opportunity  to use a fountain pen...:wacko:

16 minutes ago, AmandaW said:

I use an app. And missing  the opportunity  to use a fountain pen...:wacko:

What!? An app!?  
All right, you are forgiven. Not like I’ve been keeping notes when reading books. I haven’t opened one yet. I have to decide which size to use first. I think it will be the TN size, since it has two Tomoe River inserts for writing newly inked pens in.

Posted Image

I've recently started keeping a "Focus Log" as a response to my constant question: "Where did all my time go?"

I use the pocket sized Moleskine Cahier notebook. I know--the paper is ivory and I hate how it changes the color of my ink and it will feather if I use anything broader than a Platinum Preppy <02> or Procyon Fine, but it's actually working well for the purpose.

I've been holding off subscribing to Field Notes but I started my first log on 01 May. It's not even 15 May, I have 16 days left, and I'm past the middle point of the Cahier.

I don't think that a single notebook will last me a single month. Not when I find myself writing ideas in it and little sketches and weather stats in addition to such drivel as:

0923 - 0945: swap clean dishes in dishwasher for clean, feed birds, get coffee

0945: Laptop open

0945 - 1230: cull emails, send responses, fall into online news rabbitholes ...

And other such nonsense.

All written with my needle fine Preppy <02>  nib, reminding me anew just how fabulous this 7 dollar pen can be.