Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• Misfit

• Studio97

• DilettanteG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, inkypete said:

Come on fellow addicts - 10 days and no entry? Someone must have bought something, just because.

… Milligram sent me a $15 voucher — and it wasn't for my birthday, even though it was near by birthday but I chose not to let the company know for privacy reasons, even though it promises a yearly ‘birthday treat’ — and that was sorta enough to make me break my promise of not buying any more pens, inks, and paper products (for writing or drawing) for at least a year.

But I still had to find something to buy, qualifying for the low, low free shipping threshold after the discount is applied; it ain't no freebie I was being offered!

Hobonichi Techo seems to have a good reputation or even a cult following, and ordering in any of the stuff from overseas is costly upon costly, so when I saw that Milligram had local stock of several units of the Weeks Planner and Weeks Mega Planner that were… cheap enough after the discount, I ordered one of those in the obviously more popular colour, for an obviously popular product that would sell out reasonably quickly (and it did; the availability lasted less than a week across all colours, and these aren't cheap paper products that Joe Random would be tempted to order mindlessly without prior knowledge). To qualify for free shipping, I added a ‘cheap’ plastic cover and a pencil board of the same brand and the right size.

I have 100 days to decide whether to keep the products or return them. Alas, I can't actually see or feel the paper quality before I decide, because the manufacturer's packaging of the Weeks Mega Planner seals it completely. So, all in all, I don't really have any information to contribute at this point, other than that I bought something.

8 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

For the sake of conversation I'll ask; anyone besides me actually like paper the bleeds?

That, to me, is the second greatest sin of an ink(-paper combination) after feathering, even if there is no evil intent behind the behaviour.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

ParramattaPaul

TBT, I really don't like paper that bleeds either, but saying I did and asking the question stimulated a bit of conversation.  Now that feathering has been mentioned, does anybody like paper that feathers?

Now that feathering has been mention

4 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Now that feathering has been mentioned, does anybody like paper that feathers?

On 7/11/2020 at 4:43 AM, yazeh said:

People often say that it feathers badly. I’ve been writing pages with it, with different nibs and to be honest, I like the effect.

Paper that feathers might be good when I'm trying to soak up splotches of spilt oil or grease on the kitchen bench-top.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct for valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I will admit to buying two Oxford A5 sketchbooks, and one called Nikki Strange A6 notebook, using my Bruna gift certificate.

I am trying to limit myself to only locally available for a while, shipping costs have gone through the roof here.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

most of my purchases begin with a search for something specific that I don't have or cant find.  In this case I am looking for white FP friendly envelopes that can take a sheet of A4 folded in half.. so roughly 8" wide and 5 1/2" tall.... loading from the wider side.  any ideas?

On 10/19/2021 at 2:20 AM, MHBru said:

most of my purchases begin with a search for something specific that I don't have or cant find.  In this case I am looking for white FP friendly envelopes that can take a sheet of A4 folded in half.. so roughly 8" wide and 5 1/2" tall.... loading from the wider side.  any ideas?

Such envelopes are very common. The size is C5 (A4 folded in half) or try a C6 for A4 paper folded in quarters..

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

So my clean up of paper/stationery/accessories cupboards continues. Found a couple of nice pad covers I forgot I bought because I really needed them at the time.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png