I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

I think you should start a new topic for How to Set Up a Notebook.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Misfit said:

I got a composition notebook in a grocery pickup order. I can’t resist space themes. 

How do you start a notebook?  
large.E31B9C40-934B-4CC3-A41D-95A3AC0BE3CE.jpeg.f6d5d45816de0ef5cf9a32b4fc52a7a9.jpegI’m thinking I might find a favorite quote, plus the two radio stations I like, and write those on the first page. 

In the beginning...

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

2 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

In the beginning...

... it was a cold and stormy night...

1 hour ago, ParramattaPaul said:

... it was a cold and stormy night...

Actually it was kind of dark too!

I know, I am just being Snoopy!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

1 minute ago, Gloucesterman said:

I am wondering (wandering too) does all of this back and forth banter make us "lit-wits"?

or am I just being to picky?

2 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

Oh, I see what you did there. It was a dark and stormy night. A shot rang out. The Literary Ace in action. Snoopy power!

Posted Image

10 minutes ago, Misfit said:

Oh, I see what you did there. It was a dark and stormy night. A shot rang out. The Literary Ace in action. Snoopy power!

It's my dogged persuit of "pun-ishment!"

I think I will quit for now anyway.

3 hours ago, Gloucesterman said:

REDUNDANCY! REDUNDANCY!

Nights are by nature dark.

34 minutes ago, Gloucesterman said:

It's my dogged persuit of "pun-ishment!"

I think I will quit for now anyway.

Don't quit.  We need this sort of lighthearted play.

A lot of times Snoopy only got as far as “It was a dark and stormy night.” At some point, we got a fuller story. A ship even appeared on the horizon in it. 

Some nights, with snow on the ground, and cloud cover, are not that dark.  

Posted Image

1 hour ago, ParramattaPaul said:

REDUNDANCY! REDUNDANCY!

Nights are by nature dark.

Or as Frasier Crane said in a Cheers episode:  “Are you saying that I’m redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?”

Posted Image

13 hours ago, amberleadavis said:

I think you should start a new topic for How to Set Up a Notebook.

Seconded.

But the question does remind me of another one...

Question: How do you eat an elephant?

Answer: One bite at a time.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

4 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

Seconded.

I heard that quote in the TV show Air Disasters. 

Posted Image

OK so if the great @amberleadavisand @essayfairethink that would make a good topic, will you help me with the title, and maybe how to start it?   All I can think of is “so you got a new notebook.  How are you going to start it?”

Posted Image

How to start using that new notebook.

Ideas for starting in a new notebook.

So you chose which new notebook to use next. What's on the first page?

(just some topics that would draw me in).

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Thank you @mhguda  more great members helping is truly welcome. I like your third option to start the post.  Good title options too. I figure the title has to be short enough, but be able to grab readers interested in this particular topic. 

I’m surprised this hasn’t come up in threads before.  

Posted Image

I look forward to joining this one, @MisfitMaybe we haven't talked about how we start our notebooks, but I think we do love talking about them, and showing them off! and I love reading about how others find great notebooks, great paper, and great creative uses of all of that.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

44 minutes ago, essayfaire said:

Seconded.

tsk, tsk, tsk!

Don't expect me to swallow that either!