I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

2 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I have the blank, grid, and dot grid paper. The dotted paper seems heavier.

When I look on Exaclair US's web site, it says each FAF pad comes with 200 sheets of 60gsm paper. Yet, with mine, it has only 170 sheets, and according to Exacompta Paris's web site, the paper is 70gsm. How many sheets do you get in your blank refill packs, and how many are there in your dot grid paper refill packs?

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The plain and graph paper has 200 sheets. I bought those from a US website. I got the dot grid from Cult Pens. It has 170 sheets. 

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I favour high page-count journals - Stalogy/TR.  Did a rough calculation to reveal that I have enough ink to fill 75 +/- such journals.  Problem is I only have 27.  Hmm.

Add lightness and simplicate.

@Karmachanic How do you use the high page-count journals?  I don’t keep a journal. I’m using this one, because of it’s different orientation, to write in with newly inked pens. 

Posted Image

13 minutes ago, Karmachanic said:

Problem is I only have 27.  Hmm.

That's not a problem. It's an opportunity. :D

Will work for pens... :unsure:

6 hours ago, Misfit said:

How do you use the high page-count journals?

Transcribing treatises and texts for the most part.

6 hours ago, AmandaW said:

That's not a problem. It's an opportunity. :D

I've started a one a month purchase campaign.

8 hours ago, Misfit said:

@Karmachanic How do you use the high page-count journals?  I don’t keep a journal. I’m using this one, because of it’s different orientation, to write in with newly inked pens. 

I do page-a-day stalogy and have a massive 500 page hippo noto that has lasted 2 years with musings, notes, and scribbles. Imagine trying to carry around 250 sheets of Rhodia...

I like the continuity of a  high-page count but it is a tradeoff between that and portability.  I don't think I use the extra pages any differently than if the information/writing were in multiple volumes.

Festina lente

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

This year, it looks to me like Milligram would rather pulp its 432-page “non-diary” products (that are nevertheless dated on most pages for 2022) that it still couldn't sell at $5 a pop by mid-year, than to offer it at $3 or below like it did back in 2021. I still have over ten of the spiral-bound books from 2021, so I'm not in a rush to replenish my stash of “scrap paper”. All of those products listing have been removed from the Milligram Outlet site some time in the past week, and the last I saw of them was at $5, which was the same price as to which they were dropped some months ago.

It takes a sad, pathetic stationery junkie to be watching this closely.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

11 hours ago, A Smug Dill said:

It takes a sad, pathetic stationery junkie to be watching this closely.

I know some frugal folks who always buy planners late in the mod year that the day-of-the-week/date will line up with and sock them away for seven or so years.  The year on the cover is different but the day and date line up correctly if one waits long enough.  So, I think you have company.

Festina lente

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I got this notebook recently. 
large.7DD6D06D-B24A-4B0F-B3C8-07D595E656B2.png.53adc4113996028974895f626aa7880a.png

Is it a cover? It looks like it goes on a binder but it's clearly not just paper...

Festina lente

@Misfit When do you have time to fill all these journals?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

@amberleadavis so nice of you to think I fill them. Unlike fountain pens, which I use, I tend to buy notebooks for some future date. The one in the photo is an A5 size notebook with paper that can be moved around like in disc notebooks. It comes with 4 dividers, one with a pocket, and a ruler/bookmark.

Posted Image

I already had the pocket size of the Filofax, in solid colors. Because there is cardboard inside the covers, I think the pocket size is studier. These are more affordable offerings from Filofax. 

So if you were to ask me which size to get, I’d recommend pocket. You can get refill paper for either size. Someday I’ll try my Levenger Circa punch to see if it would work with Filofax. 

Posted Image