Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, inkypete said:

Come on fellow addicts - 10 days and no entry? Someone must have bought something, just because.

… Milligram sent me a $15 voucher — and it wasn't for my birthday, even though it was near by birthday but I chose not to let the company know for privacy reasons, even though it promises a yearly ‘birthday treat’ — and that was sorta enough to make me break my promise of not buying any more pens, inks, and paper products (for writing or drawing) for at least a year.

But I still had to find something to buy, qualifying for the low, low free shipping threshold after the discount is applied; it ain't no freebie I was being offered!

Hobonichi Techo seems to have a good reputation or even a cult following, and ordering in any of the stuff from overseas is costly upon costly, so when I saw that Milligram had local stock of several units of the Weeks Planner and Weeks Mega Planner that were… cheap enough after the discount, I ordered one of those in the obviously more popular colour, for an obviously popular product that would sell out reasonably quickly (and it did; the availability lasted less than a week across all colours, and these aren't cheap paper products that Joe Random would be tempted to order mindlessly without prior knowledge). To qualify for free shipping, I added a ‘cheap’ plastic cover and a pencil board of the same brand and the right size.

I have 100 days to decide whether to keep the products or return them. Alas, I can't actually see or feel the paper quality before I decide, because the manufacturer's packaging of the Weeks Mega Planner seals it completely. So, all in all, I don't really have any information to contribute at this point, other than that I bought something.

8 hours ago, ParramattaPaul said:

For the sake of conversation I'll ask; anyone besides me actually like paper the bleeds?

That, to me, is the second greatest sin of an ink(-paper combination) after feathering, even if there is no evil intent behind the behaviour.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

TBT, I really don't like paper that bleeds either, but saying I did and asking the question stimulated a bit of conversation.  Now that feathering has been mentioned, does anybody like paper that feathers?

Now that feathering has been mention

4 minutes ago, ParramattaPaul said:

Now that feathering has been mentioned, does anybody like paper that feathers?

On 7/11/2020 at 4:43 AM, yazeh said:

People often say that it feathers badly. I’ve been writing pages with it, with different nibs and to be honest, I like the effect.

Paper that feathers might be good when I'm trying to soak up splotches of spilt oil or grease on the kitchen bench-top.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

I will admit to buying two Oxford A5 sketchbooks, and one called Nikki Strange A6 notebook, using my Bruna gift certificate.

I am trying to limit myself to only locally available for a while, shipping costs have gone through the roof here.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

most of my purchases begin with a search for something specific that I don't have or cant find.  In this case I am looking for white FP friendly envelopes that can take a sheet of A4 folded in half.. so roughly 8" wide and 5 1/2" tall.... loading from the wider side.  any ideas?

On 10/19/2021 at 2:20 AM, MHBru said:

most of my purchases begin with a search for something specific that I don't have or cant find.  In this case I am looking for white FP friendly envelopes that can take a sheet of A4 folded in half.. so roughly 8" wide and 5 1/2" tall.... loading from the wider side.  any ideas?

Such envelopes are very common. The size is C5 (A4 folded in half) or try a C6 for A4 paper folded in quarters..

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

So my clean up of paper/stationery/accessories cupboards continues. Found a couple of nice pad covers I forgot I bought because I really needed them at the time.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:51 PM, A Smug Dill said:

I have 100 days to decide whether to keep the products or return them. Alas, I can't actually see or feel the paper quality before I decide, because the manufacturer's packaging of the Weeks Mega Planner seals it completely. So, all in all, I don't really have any information to contribute at this point, other than that I bought something.

Hobonichi uses Tomoe River paper and still had enough of the “old 52gsm” paper to use in their planners this year.

I fell into the hype and ordered a Plotter binder/refill/accessories when the Plotter USA online shop opened, so I will have a ridiculously expensive planner to use next year.

2 minutes ago, ridiculopathy said:

so I will have a ridiculously expensive planner to use next year.

I on the other hand will have the same Filofax personal-size planner I have used since 1989.  I think that 32 years of constant use, only changing the diary pages each year, and adding blank pages as needed has made it an excellent purchase.

I came across Clairefontaine notebooks at a really good sale price. It's the kind that I use every single day for morning pages so I ordered ten.

And it made it reasonable to get the 'Bad Taste' Kaweco Perkeo  I had been eyeing for weeks - the discount wasn't worth the shipping by itself - almost, but not quite, so I waited for something else. Quite a lot of something else... :wacko:

Will work for pens... :unsure:

No no no No NO😱  My wife told me just now that the price of Daiso's basic items has now been raised to A$3.10; and there's a notice in (a franchisor-run) store stated that it's in effect Australia-wide from 13 October 2021.

25 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

Daiso's basic items has now been raised to A$3.10

We've always paid $3.30... so if we get that new price it will be a win. :D

55 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

No no no No NO😱  My wife told me just now that the price of Daiso's basic items has now been raised to A$3.10; and there's a notice in (a franchisor-run) store stated that it's in effect Australia-wide from 13 October 2021.

Damn this pandemic!

On 10/22/2021 at 9:59 PM, AmandaW said:

I came across Clairefontaine notebooks at a really good sale price. It's the kind that I use every single day for morning pages so I ordered ten.

My order just got delivered, and it was so bulky and heavy it was physically split into two parcels (attached to the same tracking number), each with a heavy-load warning sticker on it. Looks like the cartons are the original ones in which the distributor sent the retailer the products in bulk. ~25kg in all, delivered for a $8.80 shipping charge I could not get waived for putting in an order of high enough total value; I can live with that, in this instance. ;)

19 minutes ago, A Smug Dill said:

My order just got delivered

I received notification that my order is waiting at the post office. Something of a record time to WA, I think. :)

On 10/21/2021 at 3:50 PM, ParramattaPaul said:

I on the other hand will have the same Filofax personal-size planner I have used since 1989.  I think that 32 years of constant use, only changing the diary pages each year, and adding blank pages as needed has made it an excellent purchase.

Sounds like me and my Franklin. Since 1986. That makes 2022 year 37 of continuous use. I have changed binders a couple of times over the years.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

This Bullet Journaling thing is a rabbit warren.

It started as a mere trial to see if I liked it and, I thought, the modest choice of a softcover notebook. I repurposed a tiny Lihit Lab pen case to hold the selection of stationery chosen from things I already had. Sort of, just a few extra things on account of the colour scheme. All good. Except for the washi tape. And the pencil board. And the other stuff.

Then I ordered a Lihit Lab notebook cover cos softcover is flimsy. Thankfully it's fantastic!!! - and will fit both the Leuchtturm notebooks already purchased to follow on from the softcover. Yeah, I'm good for paper for a year and 5 months... except for the Peter Pauper someone mentioned.

Then I begin to be unhappy with the main pen allocated to the cause - it has to be very fine to work in the tiny space of the 5mm dots but sturdy enough for constant use and not a hint of scratchy cos I'm now in no mood for discomfort. The choice is a Kaweco Perkeo cos I just got one from an outlet and it's really good except for the fine nib. Not fine enough. The only way to get one finer is a custom grind. Yeah, I'm getting an All Black with a PO nib, but then I ordered a few more fine ones in different colours to avoid spending more on shipping than pens. Made sense at the time.

Tell me that's it.