I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

When I can't decide what to use from my collection, I figure it's because none of them are quite right, therefore it's time to go stationery shopping. Quite sensible really. :P

I agree .. if I can't decide, the best option is to go buy a couple more to choose from :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have fallen in love with Travelers Notebooks. I have about six now, and expecting two more in the mail. I use an Erin Condren for planning and it works well for me. I have ideas for some of the TNs. I guess I'll just decide I'm collecting them. Some of them are beautiful.

I have one Midori and a handmade one which i made from a really good piece of leather. Finishing out a journal. Midori is next. Also using an Arc disc notebook for street photography and notes. There are times I have considered selling off most of my notebook hoard and buying more midori insert notebooks and pare down on what i really want to use.

I tried to join this club yesterday by quoting each of the characteristics described in this thread which also apply to me. The site's code couldn't handle that much quoting. :blush: It started attributing all quotes to the last quoted person it could handle, then some of the quotes had no attribution at all... Apparently, I overwhelmed it with my stationery nerdiness. :)

So instead, I'll just say that I love the smell of paper (especially paperback novels). I have several partially-used notebooks scattered about the house and rotate between them based on what I feel like using at the moment. I buy notebooks I have no need for because I like the look, or I just want to see if it'll handle fountain pens. Buying a new one because you can't decide which current one to use seems like a perfectly rational decision. I get nice notebooks (like the Rhodiarama) and then don't write in it because that would mess it up, and what if I run out of things to say before I reach the end? Then it'll be "ruined"! :o

I bought a Hoboniche Techo Planner to try for my 2018 bullet journal even though I hate how thin the paper is. :huh: I have sketchbooks and drawing pencils (including watercolor pencils) and such in case I ever learn to draw - I doodle with them now and again.

I'll buy two if I think I'll really like it, and then put them both on the shelf instead of writing in them (see above). I used to love browsing office supply / stationery stores, but they're not that good anymore, so I do it online. If they come in different sizes, I need one of each... :rolleyes: Sometimes I think about buying brands mentioned on here just because they're mentioned on here - there's nothing about the book itself that particularly appeals above what I've already got, I just want to see what it's like.

But I don't have hundreds. If I could get myself to actually use the nice ones (hardbound), then I probably would have hundreds. Apparently I need a more interesting life so there's something to put on the paper... :unsure:

Anywho, nice to know I'm not alone in my notebook neuroses.

I am certainly a stationery addict. Got absolutely tons of writing paper (some very cute), notebooks (unused) bought mostly in sales. I love Paperchase but don't always like their designs of writing pads/papers..

!

There is hope for me yet. Passed up 3 paperblanks notebooks on clearance and a few others and didnt buy them. I already have new notebooks shoulder high. Dodged that one. Now if it was Tomoe River paper.....

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the spirit!

My pride and joy is about 12 original A5 Quo Vadis habanas before they changed the paper and stuffed up the perfect notebook. I’m too nervous to use them as I know I can never replace them.

12!

Those Habanas were indeed perfect. Excellent paper, and I loved the wide 8 mm line spacing and the lack of margins. I still have one left (in the original plastic), that I can't bring myself to use just yet.

So I have to ask, what do you like from what's currently available?

12!

Those Habanas were indeed perfect. Excellent paper, and I loved the wide 8 mm line spacing and the lack of margins. I still have one left (in the original plastic), that I can't bring myself to use just yet.

So I have to ask, what do you like from what's currently available?

I tend to prefer the Clairefontaine range - A4 and A5 spiral and sewn. Just love the paper. Play a little with Rhodia and Apica too.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I tend to prefer the Clairefontaine range - A4 and A5 spiral and sewn. Just love the paper. Play a little with Rhodia and Apica too.

Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much where I've ended up as well, haven't tried the Apica though.

(I have this lingering thought that there must be hundreds if not thousands of the old style Habanas lying in dusty bookstores and warehouses, never to be touched by a fountain pen...)

Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much where I've ended up as well, haven't tried the Apica though.

(I have this lingering thought that there must be hundreds if not thousands of the old style Habanas lying in dusty bookstores and warehouses, never to be touched by a fountain pen...)

The old style Habanas and other really great journals may be lying in households and attics long forgotten.

Then someone inherits a trunk full and thows it all out, clueless about what great notebooks really are and their value. And sometimes they fall in the right hands.

I got my fix from Nanami Seven seas Writers and Cafe's.

Once I found these I didn't care about any other notebooks. Come with blotter paper which makes dry times no worries.

I have my first Techo for 2018. I have previously used a Rhodia, but I didn’t like the softness of the Rhodia paper for Daily planning, but do enjoy it for notetaking as I take more notes than I schedule my planner (but that may change due to a heavy class load).

​Regards,

Rosendust

<i>Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favourite flower, your favourite song, your favourite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart-Leigh Bardugo

. Please assume no affiliation, as I'm just a pleased customer. IG: Lenses and pens_

After reading this thread, I realize that I am a slacker.

I only have 1 unused Peter Pauper Essentials A6-for my January - March 2018 Bullet Journal.(I got a lovely leather cover from Eternal Leather for it. :wub: ) I'll buy another one when I number the blank one. I have 6 Peter Pauper Press Celtic Colors Journals - 1 currently in use. I have 6 dollar store composition books for daily pages and poetry rough drafts. 100 pages A4 Tomoe River cream to print my mermaid stationery, 200 pages A5 Tomoe River for back sheets and 60 cream Mica envelopes, hand stamped with mermaids - hmm my envelope supply is low.

Edited by richila

'Accidentally' popped into Kinokuniya in the CBD in Sydney the other day.

They had 100 sheet packets of Tomoe River for sale, in A5, B5 and A4, and in white and cream. I just had to buy a packet of B5.

As well as Platinum Carbon desk pen in Medium (usually only available in needlepoint EF).

Prices are competitive with eBay, when you include shipping.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

'Accidentally' popped into Kinokuniya in the CBD in Sydney the other day.

They had 100 sheet packets of Tomoe River for sale, in A5, B5 and A4, and in white and cream. I just had to buy a packet of B5.

As well as Platinum Carbon desk pen in Medium (usually only available in needlepoint EF).

Prices are competitive with eBay, when you include shipping.

I've accidentally done that too. How much was the Tomoe?

AU$15 for the B5, compared to US$15 for the A4 from Goulet Pens, not including postage. Similar from Straits Pen.

Granny Aching

Updating you guys on my latest trip to a nearby big city.

Fabriano EcoQua A5, blank. Totally didn't need this.

A5 blank, from a local manufacturer. Didn't need this either.

Fabriano "Ocra" A4, 100 sheets, 80g/m, blank. Glued pad but the glue is so the sheets can be removed easily. Not as smooth as Rhodia but performs better in terms of showthrough. Absolutely did not need this but I've never tried this "Ocra" series and it was 0,30€ cheaper than Rhodia #18!

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

Picked up a Red n Black A4 wirebound this afternoon. The one I was using is only a page or two from being finished. Got the last ones I bought on sale so the $9.99 I paid today was a bit of a surprise.

Still have some Rhodia A4 though.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

TK Maxx have opened up in Australia. We have one just near where I live. I have been able to get some nice Rhodia 'n' Clairefontaine products there at good prices, i.e. Rhodia A4 Premium pad for $3.99, normally about $7, marked down from $13. A5 bound Rhodia Premium notebook $13.

Granny Aching

TK Maxx have opened up in Australia. We have one just near where I live. I have been able to get some nice Rhodia 'n' Clairefontaine products there at good prices, i.e. Rhodia A4 Premium pad for $3.99, normally about $7, marked down from $13. A5 bound Rhodia Premium notebook $13.

Don't know much about this chain. Do they keep much stationery? I will be in Sydney in a couple of weeks.