I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

I have a weakness for Nanami Seven Seas notebooks.

Let's just say, if he'd go out of business today, I'd be good for the next few years. Which brings me to my next point : I doesn't help that I am paranoid and he *is* a one-man outfit.

So all of you please do your part and keep him in business :D

-k

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone brave enough to quote numbers? How many?

It passed into three digits and then i quit counting. Then there are sketchbooks...oh my.

I would join your support group but I could never decide which notebook to bring to the meetings.

Hilarious. And scary accurate.

I have over 30 years of Franklin planners (since 1986)- (all 8.5x5.5 ~A5), all in storage binders. And I need to get 2018 ordered here in the next few weeks. Between 3-5 leather regular binders - which were not cheap. (at least one was $100+), plus all the different refill pages.

But in terms of some of the other papers, I am an amateur compared to many of you. Right now in rotation I have a wire bound A4 Black n Red, a cloth bound same size, two A4 Rhodia - blank and dot I think, a blank A5, a Leuchtturm A5 notebook. All in various states of completion. I am trying to finish off the wire BNR and Leuchtturm at the moment. The Rhodia hasn't seen much use lately.

Ink- I have probably 30 or more sample vials in plastic bags, many of which I haven't even tried yet. Plus the two nearly full sample vial racks with vials that have been used at least once.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have about three drawers filled with assorted notebooks. A lot of B5 notebooks and Japanese binder refills - B5 & A5. Going to Kinokiunya is always a perilous affair.

Then there's the myriad of pocket notebooks. I'm relatively tame when it comes to inks... Maybe 12 bottles?

Pens are another story and like most of you here I need serious therapy, if not a full lobotomy to overcome that special problem.

I haven't splurged on getting nice envelopes for my correspondence - I just get a box of 500 business envelopes from Costco and run with that. Is that my saving grace?

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Going to Kinokiunya is always a perilous affair.

You got that right. Kinokuniya feeds my SAD (Stationery Acquisition Disorder, to borrow a naming convention from another forum I frequent).

Edited by majorworks
Happiness is an Indian ED!

My problem is that when I find a notebook that I like I have to buy a heap of them just in case they change the paper or the form of the book. I am too scared to count my stash but certainly multi hundreds. Interestingly I am using Apica this week which were just about the first notebooks I fell in love with many years ago.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Inkypete....multi hundreds....well I'm feeling much better now not having reached up to the two numbers. Not going to my next notebooks anonymous meeting. Thanks.😁

Inkypete....multi hundreds....well I'm feeling much better now not having reached up to the two numbers. Not going to my next notebooks anonymous meeting. Thanks.

Probably 300'ish. Ridiculous. But I still have half a shelf in the cupboard bare so..............

Probably 300'ish. Ridiculous. But I still have half a shelf in the cupboard bare so..............

Phew! I feel better now because I KNOW I couldn’t possibly have more than 250 or so.

Phew! I feel better now because I KNOW I couldn’t possibly have more than 250 or so.

Come on - try harder. You know you can do it.

Come on - try harder. You know you can do it.

Hahah! Lucky I moved to regional Vic. 2 years ago, otherwise I would, with the new Milligram shop, Daiso and Muji. It’s bad enough as it is and online shopping is wonderful when you’re in the country.

Hahah! Lucky I moved to regional Vic. 2 years ago, otherwise I would, with the new Milligram shop, Daiso and Muji. It’s bad enough as it is and online shopping is wonderful when you’re in the country.

Milligram is fantastic - a must see next time you make it to the big smoke.

Multiple hundreds of notebooks? Some of you must have lots of storage space.

Doesn't take as much space as you would think.

I can't touch the size of the stashes described here. Impressive!

I will admit that I decided on a two year PenWorld subscription at the Ohio Pen Show yesterday simply because the subscription gift was an Italian pocket size notebook that I don't already have. And did not need. I am sure I could have purchased it and had it shipped, less expensively, but what's the fun in THAT?

hahahaha

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

This is one of the best threads I've found here yet.

I can't reach the levels of some of your hauls since I'm a recently-graduated student, but I'm stupidly weak for stationery products in general too. I'm trying very hard not to buy a Fabriano 120g/m sketchbook for instance. And I don't even sketch.

I can't count my notebooks since they're scattered in drawers and wardrobes, but they're definitely over 20 unfinished, and twice those finished. I take notes obsessively and draw a lot concept maps to study..

Speaking of Fabriano again, I've discovered that an art supply store in a big city nearby is an official retailer for Fabriano. Damn them. Damn them and damn their shop and damn their extensive stock of Fabriano products. I'm not setting foot into that shop ever.again. Vade retro!

Edited by RoyalBlueNotebooks

fpn_1502425191__letter-mini.png

I’m down to two shelves of notebooks. Does that mean I’m in withdrawal?

(Used all my Havanas for journaling so I wouldn’t waste a scrap of that glorious paper on work)

It all depends. There are shelves and then there are SHELVES!

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

I am a sucker for bargains. Picked up three A6 and three A5 Moleskine notebooks. I like them inspite of the paper foibles which I have overcome by conflabing the persnickity. Total price was $35.31. That is how I prefer to buy them. I am approaching the 200 numbers.