I'm A Sad, Pathetic Stationery Junkie.

KreepyKen

Well, I did it. I bought a Hobonichi Techo.

I really had no intention of ever buying one of these. I'm setting up a bullet journal for 2018 and honestly have no need whatsoever for a planner. And as much as I love Tomoe River paper, I'm not sure I'd really like it for a planner/journal based on dry times.

But I bought one anyway. Maybe it was the beautiful Sedona cover. Maybe it was because when I stumbled on it in the Hobonichi store, it was out of stock and they said it would become available again on October 26. I know enough about the scarcity effect that I shouldn't fall prey to the old "don't miss out" tactic.

Even so, the second it became available, I nearly fell over myself to put in an order for it.

I'm a sad, pathetic stationery junkie.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• inkypete

• A Smug Dill

• AmandaW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear you. Gotta have rather than need drives me too. Stationery has been an addiction of mine for many years. When I have a clean out friends queue up to take the spoils.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I have the Sedona cover too this year. I really didn't need yet another Techo cover but it was impossible to resist ............not that I tried particularly hard.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I need to have a week-to-an-opening diary for work. However, work doesn't supply them any more. So I need to buy one. And being cheap, I want to spend as little as possible

Last year and this year I bought cheapy little diaries, made in China, but they bled so much they are unusable with FPs.

So I am going to repeat what I did last year

1. Buy a pack of A5 unlined Kokuyo Campus refill paper for about $5, with free shipping.
  2. Download the appropriate file (http://philofaxy.com/inserts/Enhanced_TM_Week_View/2017A5WeekView.pdf) from here
  3. Print it two sided to the above-mentioned paper.

That takes up nearly 60 sheets of the 100 sheet pack, so the rest is printed, lined and numbered, and used for meeting notes.

So for a little money, and about $150 of my time, I have a diary with note-taking ability that suits my needs, and is absolutely perfect with FPs.

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I need to have a week-to-an-opening diary for work. However, work doesn't supply them any more. So I need to buy one. And being cheap, I want to spend as little as possible

Last year and this year I bought cheapy little diaries, made in China, but they bled so much they are unusable with FPs.

1. Buy a pack of A5 unlined Kokuyo Campus refill paper for about $5, with free shipping.
  2. Download the appropriate file (http://philofaxy.com/inserts/Enhanced_TM_Week_View/2017A5WeekView.pdf) from here
  3. Print it two sided to the above-mentioned paper.

That takes up nearly 60 sheets of the 100 sheet pack, so the rest is printed, lined and numbered, and used for meeting notes.

So for a little money, and about $150 of my time, I have a diary with note-taking ability that suits my needs, and is absolutely perfect with FPs.

You don't have my sickness. I'd buy three diaries to determine which one I like best.

I aspire to be you :-) You are the antithesis of a stationery junkie. Nobody properly infected with the bug would dream of making their own diary to better meet their requirements or save money. A truly sad & pathetic stationery junkie has shelves and cupboards full of pristine diaries & notebooks that are worth more than all the merchandise stocked by the largest stationery wholesaler & are actually useless for their needs. I am one such person :-(

I aspire to be you :-) You are the antithesis of a stationery junkie. Nobody properly infected with the bug would dream of making their own diary to better meet their requirements or save money. A truly sad & pathetic stationery junkie has shelves and cupboards full of pristine diaries & notebooks that are worth more than all the merchandise stocked by the largest stationery wholesaler & are actually useless for their needs. I am one such person :-(

Thats me. Too ashamed to count but I am guessing more than, ummm, lets say lots.

You are not alone

Thats me. Too ashamed to count but I am guessing more than, ummm, lets say lots.

You are not alone

I know! I'll set up a support group and a twelve-step programme for all sad & pathetic stationery junkies. I'm off to buy a new notebook to draft out my ideas..............

I know! I'll set up a support group and a twelve-step programme for all sad & pathetic stationery junkies. I'm off to buy a new notebook to draft out my ideas..............

Thats the spirit!

My pride and joy is about 12 original A5 Quo Vadis habanas before they changed the paper and stuffed up the perfect notebook. I’m too nervous to use them as I know I can never replace them.

I would join your support group but I could never decide which notebook to bring to the meetings. When we travel I spend more time selecting my travelling kit of notebooks and fountain pens than I do selecting my clothing and packing my bags.

You don't have my sickness. I'd buy three diaries to determine which one I like best.

I have a slightly different version of your illness. I buy one or two cheapy diaries each year, then spend about three weeks trying every different combination of Fine and EF pen and ink that is dry to the point of being powder, before I give up and roll my own diary.

Granny Aching

I’m down to two shelves of notebooks. Does that mean I’m in withdrawal?

(Used all my Havanas for journaling so I wouldn’t waste a scrap of that glorious paper on work)

I'm a size B5 junkie. I just wright down dates for a nice calendar. I get through 2 months then I decide I'll try another brand. Hence B5 notebooks with 2 months of weeks at the start. I can't even give them away. Oh well, time to check the mail for a webbie.

I am too embarassed to line up all of my unused notebooks, (varying sizes and brands) on open shelving. It would take a 5 foot book case. I keep them in storage bins. I am a notebook junkie when it comes to slashed prices and then buy a lot of them.

I’m down to two shelves of notebooks. Does that mean I’m in withdrawal?

(Used all my Havanas for journaling so I wouldn’t waste a scrap of that glorious paper on work)

Amatuer.

I have so many notebooks that my wife always says "You don't need another one!" and/or " You have to finish at least one you have before getting another"

She hasn't said this about my fountain pens yet, having around 32.

And only starting to with my inks, having around 55.

Of course she always ends up placing me in a situation where I am sans notebook, yet have a few hours before picking her up from a knitting group, I have picked up two Miquelrius notebooks because of this, and have appreciated being re-aquatinted with these notebooks, they are quite wonderful with fountain pen ink!

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

I got a Techo this year too, though I thought I wouldn't. The thing is, I really love the paper and the daily layout. I figured out what I like to use it for, which is mostly fun/creative stuff.

I do also have too many notebooks, but I don't feel a deep shame about it. Sometimes I give things away. I was in Kinokuniya last week, and bought a little Nolty planner. It seems very nice, but I really don't need it, so I gave it to my wife. She gets a lot of nice stuff this way. I have a Seven Seas blank journal I may give to an artist friend.

Edited by vjones

I suspect I switched from Hobo Weeks to daily Techo so I could buy covers... holding tight on the on I have, bit drooling over the oh so many nice and sexy knees I don't or have any use for... Not a junky yet, but I am working on that

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

I now have so many notebooks, of so many sizes, that it doesn't actually cause anxiety when my wife or son ask if there is a notebook they can have for a project.

Granny Aching