Just Got An Montblanc Bohème Bleu

Driften

Where did you find it at that price, if I may ask? I've been wanting one for a while...

I found the guy on Facebook in a pen sales group, but here is his website. http://www.zega-pen.com/store/c7/writing_instruments/montblanc The one with the Onyx is listed at $415 but if you email them I bet he would bring it to the same price as the blue or red models. He marked down the blue one for me to match the sale he was doing on the red.

The company is in Hong Kong but shipping was cheep $10 if I remember, and only took about a week to get to me in Washington State.

I was just not sure if it was ok to post non forum member shops here. The pen was new factory sealed, but it is "gray market" not being dealer stamped. To get an official dealer one from Fountain Pen Hospital would cost double that so I thought if problems happened later I still come out way ahead paying for MB service.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Driften

• meiers

• Erik Dalton

• penwash

Your welcome. I use a spreadsheet to compare pen specs and knowing the sizes would have been helpful. But that specs and balance points don't often tell a complete story. I love my 146 much better then the specs would suggest. If I only looked at specs a Sailor 1911 Large would be about the same, but the weight, balance, feel, construction puts a 146 in a different class of pens.

I still go back to the measurements to see how I might like a pen... when you don't have a local pen store you have to go by something...

I never thought about recording specs on my pens. Funny though, I have books and books of writing samples for each pen and inks.

I like my Sailor Pens, but I agree with you, the 146 and 149 have it over nearly every other pen.

I resently picked up a King of Pen. I like it a lot. The big nib is incredible. Looks like a 149, but that’s where the comparison ends.

I never thought about recording specs on my pens. Funny though, I have books and books of writing samples for each pen and inks.

I like my Sailor Pens, but I agree with you, the 146 and 149 have it over nearly every other pen.

I resently picked up a King of Pen. I like it a lot. The big nib is incredible. Looks like a 149, but that’s where the comparison ends.

It's funny I am in need of doing what you are and keep an pen journal with small samples of different inks that have been used in a pen. When I have similar shades factored with different wetness in nibs I never know if I had Kon-Peki or Ama-Iro in a pen. Maybe does not matter too much on some pens, but on ones I have eyedropper filled and want to top it off it's a problem. At least I only have 7 pens inked up for me right now, plus maybe four for my wife. I cleaned and boxed 7 pens last week that I was not using enough.

I have spend a lot of time doing computer programming and computer system administration. It seems every time I look for a new "X" I make a spreadsheet comparing the different specs of the items. In the end it comes down to a subjective opinion after you have a chance to test drive it. But knowing the specs does help to know if a car with fit in your garage space or pen is too thin to feel comfortable in hand.

It's been sitting a few days now and today it filled its pocket pen role in place of the F-C 45XLV and I have to say it's writing better and with better flow now. Maybe needed to have a few days to get the water from washing out the nib from its system. It now writes as wet and dark as my 146 would with the same ink. I ever tried to stress the feed's ability to keep up using a paper napkin and it keeps up with any demand I put on it. It did not do that to start with with the MB ink, but I should have rinsed out the nib before its first use with that ink. I am now thinking it would be happy with any ink I put in it.

In any case it did very well riding in my shirt pocket all day and was ready to write on demand. This nice little pen is really growing on me. Also the cap did not vibrate loose as some of my pens have from pocket carry.

It's my understanding the cleaning cartridges are no longer made.

Cleaning this bad boy is E-Z.

Clean out an old MB cartridge and cut off the end. Install the cartridge and stick an ear syringe full of water into the open end of the cartridge. Squirt away until clean.

Keep the cartridge around for subsequent cleanings.

Cleaning this bad boy is E-Z.

Clean out an old MB cartridge and cut off the end. Install the cartridge and stick an ear syringe full of water into the open end of the cartridge. Squirt away until clean.

Keep the cartridge around for subsequent cleanings.

I heard of doing that with an International long cartridge so that it sticks out the back more and plan on trying that. I also though of unscrewing the back off a converter but the ones I have did not fit. The cheep one that does fit does not come apart and really would not work any better then a cut off cartridge.

I have some Pelikan long cartridges coming the mail that I can use in other pens as sacrifice one for being a bulb syringe "adapter".

Love this pen, was my first Montblanc. Have the B nib, onyx stone. I used a syringe to refill the cartridge, been doing this for 5 years and have had no issues.

Would like to hear about realigning the clip with the nib. Mine is nearly 90 degrees off. What screwdriver is involved? Will be in Vegas next week and may bring it to the Caesars Forum Shops dealer, they are my go to shop if I am unable to do it on my own.

Love this pen, was my first Montblanc. Have the B nib, onyx stone. I used a syringe to refill the cartridge, been doing this for 5 years and have had no issues.

Would like to hear about realigning the clip with the nib. Mine is nearly 90 degrees off. What screwdriver is involved? Will be in Vegas next week and may bring it to the Caesars Forum Shops dealer, they are my go to shop if I am unable to do it on my own.

I would wait until next week and see what MB has to say about it. The theory is a screwdriver that is cut out in the center for the post might work. But I would think it would have to have very tiny tines.

• 1 month later...

I have several Boheme's fountain pens all small. Now I bought one that is a size taller, medium with a retractable NIB. It doesn't have a jewel and writes fantastic.

I have several Boheme's fountain pens all small. Now I bought one that is a size taller, medium with a retractable NIB. It doesn't have a jewel and writes fantastic.

I thought the medium did not have a retracting nib, but the large/XL did...

Can someone tell me the difference in sizes of the Boheme variations? (Small, Medium, XL)

There are other FPN threads comparing these, but the photos are no longer visible thanks to Photobucket <---- why people still use them after that fiasco, I have no idea.

- Will
Restored Pens and Sketches on Instagram @redeempens